Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

JackS

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by JackS » 16 Jun 2015, 14:14

Well, this has been a successful day all round for the BST Marketing Department.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 16 Jun 2015, 14:16

tom_cas1 wrote:
cdm22 wrote:....or they are doing this to not oversell and sort out the problems people are having with tickets.
Or they're a bunch of incompetent FOOLS who thought it would be fun to charge £80 originally but then let tickets go for £2 minimum donation with £2.50 booking fee to make up for their mistake, and then when people donate money for a ticket, they take it and give you nothing in return.
Of course this gives me no pleasure at all given how crowing you were a few hour ago...

Seriously though this is a major fuck up. At least you gave some money to charity.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:18

Obviously the donating part is perfectly fine, I donate to the TCT anyway. But what crowing was I doing a few hours ago...?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 16 Jun 2015, 14:20

tom_cas1 wrote:According to their website:
ALL CHARITY TICKETS ARE NOW GONE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND FOR SUPPORTING THESE GREAT CAUSES.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN HYDE PARK!
Well...THANKS FOR NOTHING YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY AND GIVE ME NOTHING IN RETURN, FUCK YOU!!!
Not that I don't understand your frustration but since the money has gone to Teenage Cancer Trust after all perhaps you should calm down a bit.

I'm sure your issue will get sorted out, no need to blow a fuse over it. You have seen Blur a gallizion times already so in the highly unlikely event that you end up giving a tenner to charity and no HP ticket, would that be such a tragedy?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:22

As I said, donating is fine. But being told to donate to get a ticket and then getting NO ticket is my issue here. Also I'm not seeing Blur as I can't make Saturday, I donated to see Beck on Thursday.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 16 Jun 2015, 14:24

TripleJay97 wrote:I GOT THE LIVING IN NORTH ENGLAND BLUUUUUES
I GOT THE LIVING ACROSS THE POND BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
But that's still pretty bad.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 16 Jun 2015, 14:31

JackS wrote:I really didn't think they'd pull this shit again. Obviously, it's good there's a charity element to it, but jesus christ, why not at least give a tenner of every overpriced full-price ticket to charity, and take a hit to your profits? That would be a much better way of doing it, if BST really cared about charity.
BST isn't thinking about charity, it's thinking about maximising revenues from its feed and drinks stalls. It's business.

It's good that the charity is getting some benefit, but that's not the aim, it's selling a few thousand more pints of Tuborg and bottled water.

^ I've just read JackS say the same thing a couple of pages back.
Last edited by Foggy on 16 Jun 2015, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:34

Spent out about £160 and now they're going at these prices. Can't even describe the frustration
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

windymiller

Post by windymiller » 16 Jun 2015, 14:37

Hopefully they pulled the plug when they realised what a bunch of tight arsed bastards they were dealing with. Can't believe they'd flog them all off for a minimum donation so low. People should be ashamed gloating about their bargain £7.50 tickets.
On the other hand if BST would like to donate a sizeable chunk of the £80 I paid them 3 months ago to Teenage Cancer Trust I won't mind.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:38

Last year a link was leaked for staff discount ticket prices and thousands of people got them for £2.50. I'd also paid full price then
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

jonathas

Post by jonathas » 16 Jun 2015, 14:40

Oooh. Really sorry to hear people have had trouble with this, but v pleased this forum alerted me as was feeling v sad about not getting a ticket and did manage to bag one, flukily. Can't wait for Saturday now. Hoping one or two of you that didn't grab a ticket can still do so.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:41

Lol you can't blame people for going for the cheaper tickets. What sane person wouldn't get one?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 16 Jun 2015, 14:42

I think you just have to take a win some / lose some approach. You'll still get your money's worth, just look forward to a great day and forget this has happened.

The gig *could* have sold out and you could now have been high and dry, or left taking a chance scouting about looking for a spare. Just take the view that if there is anyone there watching the same show for 10x less, they're a massive tightwad who much doesn't care about gravely ill teenagers.

It is the way of the world... In hotels all over there'll be rows of identical rooms all sold at massively different rates per night. It's the same story on trains and planes. Sky tv too, they've just sent me a letter offering 60% off because I've cancelled. I've never paid more than half price ever.
Last edited by Foggy on 16 Jun 2015, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

JackS

Post by JackS » 16 Jun 2015, 14:44

All this bollocks really puts a downer on the whole thing. What happened to gigs being in decent venues, for a reasonable price, with beer prices that aren't a complete rip off.

Everyone would have been happier if the tickets would have been £40 each, for example. The gig would have sold out, people who can't afford £80 a ticket could go, and no one would feel ripped off at bargain tickets.

And, as I've said previously, BST could have still had a charity element by either donating a percentage of ticket sales (which there is 0 chance of them doing), or doing a partnership with JustGiving to build in voluntary donations at the point of sale (perhaps for a free drink voucher or something).

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:45

I'm going in via the west entrance around 1ish, So hopefully We'll get a good view of the stage! Can't bloody wait!!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”