Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

TripleJay97

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by TripleJay97 » 20 Jun 2015, 08:36

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the setlist is tonight!

bugman

Post by bugman » 20 Jun 2015, 10:03

TripleJay97 wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing what the setlist is tonight!
it will be 99% the same as previous gigs.really don't think they gonna play pyong (about ice cream man i can only dream) maybe they put tracy jacks or advert, that's all

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 10:05

twostep wrote:Blur's set seems to have been shortened, going by the times on the app... They were scheduled to play 7.55 to 10.15 but now it says 8.15-10.15
This fucking event just keeps on getting better NOT! So the only compensation for such a Crap line up was that blur would be on longer the any of the other headline acts however now that's supposedly been shoetened by TWENTY minutes in effect that's FIVE songs!!!

I wish I'd NEVER brought tickets on pre sale, it'll be the last time I ever buy tickets for such a event on pre sale again, because had I waited and seen what shit the line up was I would have tried to blag a cheap ticket online or on the day.

At least I only live a bus ride away, I'm getting there for around 7', at least I don't have to hang around listening to shit until blur come on, The Specials were the support last time and were superb, now we have some Kitty bollocks and Metro WHO????
Last edited by Mr Briggs on 20 Jun 2015, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 10:09

bugman wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing what the setlist is tonight!
it will be 99% the same as previous gigs.really don't think they gonna play pyong (about ice cream man i can only dream) maybe they put tracy jacks or advert, that's all
Has anyone found out the deal why they don't play 'Ice Cream Man' live? I can only presume they don't like the track and refuse to play it live, similar to how they never play 'Bang' and have disowned that song (I like it).

Pretty strange seeing they'll be a big ice cream van on stage tonight (Facebook have a video of it being put on stage) and they'll be surrounded by plastic ice cream etc.

I think it's a good song and it's strange it's not being played, if there's a thread about the track not being played please show me the link and I'll repost this there.

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 10:15

Some huge March full of dirty unwashed Lefties is taking place in London today so be prepared especially if you're travelling anywhere into town or near Trafalgar Square. One of the unwashed said she would go to hyde park and sabotage the blur gig by throwing warm piss over Alex James :o

massive anti-austerity protest is heading for London this weekend this morning.

This is following recent protests also organised by The People's Assembly following the Queen's Speech and people protesting against proposed Tory cuts.

The demonstrations are happening all over the UK, but the main group will be in London.

Anti war factions, anti-racist and anti-fascist groups, along with protests on housing and changes to strike laws will meet in Central London for the huge event.

According to the protest's Facebook group, more than 71,000 people are set to descend on London. But why is it happening and how can you join in?
Last edited by Mr Briggs on 20 Jun 2015, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 20 Jun 2015, 10:18

Mr Briggs wrote:Some huge March full of dirty unwashed Lefties is taking place in London today so be prepared especially if you're travelling anywhere into town or near Trafalgar Square. One of the unwashed said she would go to hyde park and sabotage the blur gig by throwing warm piss over Alex James :o
This wasn't really necessary, was it?

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 10:21

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
Mr Briggs wrote:Some huge March full of dirty unwashed Lefties is taking place in London today so be prepared especially if you're travelling anywhere into town or near Trafalgar Square. One of the unwashed said she would go to hyde park and sabotage the blur gig by throwing warm piss over Alex James :o
This wasn't really necessary, was it?
Can't stand dirty Lefties especially the great unwashed with their dogs on strings,most of them living off their rich parents trust funds having opted out of society because they refuse to do a decent days work, hopefully it'll piss down and they'll all get a decent wash for a change :D

These marches are just another excuse for them to riot it's bound to kick off at some point today, hope they all get nicked,I'd start with that cnut Russell Brand, West Ham cnut!!!

Up the Tories!!!!
Last edited by Mr Briggs on 20 Jun 2015, 10:37, edited 5 times in total.

JJS

Post by JJS » 20 Jun 2015, 10:25

Anyone by any chance know if there'll be a front pit, or is it just a free-for-all?

Me and my brother can't decide whether to get there as soon as doors open or not!

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 10:26

JJS wrote:Anyone by any chance know if there'll be a front pit, or is it just a free-for-all?

Me and my brother can't decide whether to get there as soon as doors open or not!

Someone said at the Strokes gig there was a huge golden circle, not sure if that's there for blur, perhaps that is something to do with the VIP packages or some other bollocks.

Good luck listening to utter crap for hours before blur come on,

Sean

Post by Sean » 20 Jun 2015, 11:26

Toby Young wrote:Some huge March full of dirty unwashed Lefties
Like Damon you mean? :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Jun 2015, 11:42

Looks like the sun is meant to come out at around 7/8pm but there could be rain before then.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 20 Jun 2015, 11:44

Sean wrote:
Toby Young wrote:Some huge March full of dirty unwashed Lefties
Like Damon you mean? :lol:

Yeah he loves ban the bomb and all that bollocks, wouldn't love it so much if we were at war and being attacked would he!

Up the Tories and Support our Armed Forces!
Last edited by Mr Briggs on 20 Jun 2015, 11:49, edited 2 times in total.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 20 Jun 2015, 12:52

Surprises me to see people slag off the left wing on here when, let's face it, blur are a left wing band.

I know some people don't like to mix politics and music but it makes a difference to me at least

Considering_Cars

Post by Considering_Cars » 20 Jun 2015, 13:12

Looks as if blur have been delayed later on (apparently 8:30 or 8:15 onstage now)

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 20 Jun 2015, 13:13

Is there a way to watch/listen to tonight's concert somewhere on the Internet?