Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

JackS

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 12:43

Forever Low Man wrote:have you guys considered that some of these non-fans might become fans after the HP show?
Yes, that is the only conceivable positive that could come out of this.

cdm22

Post by cdm22 » 17 Jun 2015, 13:06

To all those waiting to hear back from BST regarding missing tickets after yesterday, i just saw this on efestivals...

"They got me to phone 02037847998 quote my donation number. On hold for 10 mins (Mr Grohl's fault no doubt!) and paid £5 booking fee and received the e-tickets straight away! "

gwyper

Post by gwyper » 17 Jun 2015, 13:39

Anyone got any alternative recommendations for people travelling to the Hyde Park gig? I'm there from Friday afternoon until Sunday and looking to fill my weekend with things to do.

Any tips?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 13:52

gwyper wrote:Anyone got any alternative recommendations for people travelling to the Hyde Park gig? I'm there from Friday afternoon until Sunday and looking to fill my weekend with things to do.

Any tips?
Soho (pubs), Denmark Street (guitar shops), Abbey Road (greatness). That's all you need. 8-)

Just about to give AXS a call with my donation reference. Not looking forward to a 10 minute wait as no doubt I'll have to pay for it but if it gets me in to see Beck tomorrow, so be it!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 14:23

I have my ticket to see Beck!! £2.50 in total, not including the donation I made yesterday.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 15:34

I've been told that Blur originally wanted Beck to support them but Beck had already committed to supporting The Strokes as they were booked before Blur. Damn...Blur AND Beck would have been amazing!

JackS

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 15:52

tom_cas1 wrote:I've been told that Blur originally wanted Beck to support them but Beck had already committed to supporting The Strokes as they were booked before Blur. Damn...Blur AND Beck would have been amazing!
I'm looking at the lineup on the app, trying to build a remotely interesting schedule, but it's crap.

In the "must see" category for me are Blur and The Horrors, but the latter are on at 3:10 (!) - so between them, all that is interesting me is Roots Manuva.

PersonL

Post by PersonL » 17 Jun 2015, 15:57

I'm not sure if someone has already asked this (I'm new here) but I'm traveling from the states for the Hyde Park show and wondering if anyone had any advice for knowing when to arrive, and what's the best time to get a good spot in the crowd before blur comes on. Thanks.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 17 Jun 2015, 16:01

It all starts at 1pm for general admission and you'll probably have to stand at the front all day for blur (19:55)
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

JackS

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 16:10

PersonL wrote:I'm not sure if someone has already asked this (I'm new here) but I'm traveling from the states for the Hyde Park show and wondering if anyone had any advice for knowing when to arrive, and what's the best time to get a good spot in the crowd before blur comes on. Thanks.
It depends really. As Leahscarlet2 said, if you value being right at the front, you'll need to be stood there for a while, but in my opinion at a big outdoor gig like Hyde Park, being right at the front is crap.

I've been to a few Hyde Park gigs in my time and I've always managed to wind my way through the crowd to find a decent spot up to 45 minutes before the headline act.

Queuing to get in varies wildly from year to year as well. I seem to remember it taking AGES to get in for Blur in 2012, but Arcade Fire last year was easy.

PersonL

Post by PersonL » 17 Jun 2015, 16:23

Yeah I was hoping to get a spot towards the front but not the very front of the stage. Basically front-mid-center. A place it's close but I'd have a good view of all of the stage. I suppose if I start waiting about 2-3 hours before they come on, I'll be able to get a good spot hopefully. Has the schedule for the gig been released yet? I haven't been able to find it. Wouldn't mind seeing metronomy and the horrors either.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 17 Jun 2015, 16:30

I'm going in via west entrance to the premium view, I take it that its a good spot. Bit unsure as in '12 I was quite a way back for the '12 gig.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

twostep

Post by twostep » 17 Jun 2015, 16:43

PersonL wrote:Yeah I was hoping to get a spot towards the front but not the very front of the stage. Basically front-mid-center. A place it's close but I'd have a good view of all of the stage. I suppose if I start waiting about 2-3 hours before they come on, I'll be able to get a good spot hopefully. Has the schedule for the gig been released yet? I haven't been able to find it. Wouldn't mind seeing metronomy and the horrors either.
All stage times are on the BST app
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

Miki

Post by Miki » 17 Jun 2015, 16:49

Off to London in the morning. Beck tomorrow night (yay!) and Blur on Saturday. Week-ends don't get much better than this :D
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 17:03

JackS wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I've been told that Blur originally wanted Beck to support them but Beck had already committed to supporting The Strokes as they were booked before Blur. Damn...Blur AND Beck would have been amazing!
I'm looking at the lineup on the app, trying to build a remotely interesting schedule, but it's crap.

In the "must see" category for me are Blur and The Horrors, but the latter are on at 3:10 (!) - so between them, all that is interesting me is Roots Manuva.
I couldn't make Saturday but I'm going tomorrow and to be honest, I'm only going to see Beck. None of the other acts interest me in the slightest. A tad disappointed that Beck is only on for an hour but this'll be my Beck show so I cannot wait!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: