Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Jun 2015, 19:18

EverydayRobot wrote:Were they selling off Priority tickets for £12.50? That would really rub salt into the wound for me if they did. :(
The minimum donation was £2.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 16 Jun 2015, 19:40

tom_cas1 wrote:
EverydayRobot wrote:Were they selling off Priority tickets for £12.50? That would really rub salt into the wound for me if they did. :(
The minimum donation was £2.
Really ffs!! :shock:

Just hope I can get close to the stage at some point during the gig and not be stuck at the back with casual fans who just want to hear Song 2! :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean » 16 Jun 2015, 20:07

Of course one of the many problems of what they did today is exactly that - that people will have paid £2 just to hear Song 2 or Parklife or whatever. I bet loads of casuals picked up tickets just for something to do, and will get absolutely shit-faced since their tickets were as good as free.

Hopefully proper fans picked up the tickets.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Jun 2015, 20:19

Hopefully the more casual listener will be further back in the crowd. I was stuck midway in 2012 and I was surrounded by people who only knew Parklife, bloody dreadful. It's not like any of the support bands are big names though unlike Beck, Paul Weller etc. I imagine most of the fans on Saturday will be Blur fans whilst on Thursday I'm hoping there'll be more Beck fans than Stroke fans, myself included.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 16 Jun 2015, 21:01

i'm 99% certain that no priority tickets were given out as part of this. I got involved before it hit social media in a big way via hotukdeals etc etc and the only option was general admission, have seen a link for half price staff tickets though, which does include priority areas

cdm22

Post by cdm22 » 16 Jun 2015, 23:59

Tickets have arrived in my inbox :) Cheap Blur tickets, free Strokes (Beck!) tickets (a mate won a pair but can't go), and seeing Of Monsters and Men at the Forum tonight has made this Tuesday rather more bearable than the norm! Happy days

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 00:07

cdm22 wrote:Tickets have arrived in my inbox :) Cheap Blur tickets, free Strokes (Beck!) tickets (a mate won a pair but can't go), and seeing Of Monsters and Men at the Forum tonight has made this Tuesday rather more bearable than the norm! Happy days
I take it things went well for you when you got the cheap Blur tickets? Not for me (I went for a Beck ticket). Donated, money came out of my account, no ticket as a result. It happened to a load of people and I'm still waiting to hear back from customer service.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 17 Jun 2015, 07:52

Just looked at Twitter..seen quite a lot of tweets along the lines of "going to see blur Hyde park Saturday, not even a fan but couldn't say no to those prices"
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

JackS

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 08:22

Leahscarlet2 wrote:Just looked at Twitter..seen quite a lot of tweets along the lines of "going to see blur Hyde park Saturday, not even a fan but couldn't say no to those prices"
Yeah, several people I know in person and have seen online bragging about spending a grand total of £4.50 per ticket.

I'm much less annoyed than I was yesterday now, I'm going to have a great time regardless.

But, it's just the way they have acted I find really unprofessional and sneaky. The way they've not even responded to the many people online with genuine complaints about this. I mean, hell, even a gesture of saying "here is a voucher for a free beer or burger", which would have cost them £5 per person, would probably have calmed people down. Instead they let it balloon out of proportion with no comment, and guarantee a lot of people will never buy BST tickets again (or, at the very least, not until they are inevitably discounted).

thespider

Post by thespider » 17 Jun 2015, 08:41

Fair play to those who got cheap tickets. I did exactly the same last summer when I saw Black Sabbath et al. But BST are absolute bell ends.

But after this debacle, unless Led Zeppelin or David Bowie plays there, I won't be going to Hyde Park for a gig again. Judging from the recent Facebook activity, it sounds like people who bought the last minute tickets still haven't received the email with their ticket. Absolute fucking shambles. Not something I'd like to be part of again.

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 17 Jun 2015, 09:35

Leahscarlet2 wrote:Just looked at Twitter..seen quite a lot of tweets along the lines of "going to see blur Hyde park Saturday, not even a fan but couldn't say no to those prices"
This makes me sad. :(
But like others have said I'll have a great time whatever price I paid..

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 17 Jun 2015, 09:40

JackS wrote:
Leahscarlet2 wrote:
I'm much less annoyed than I was yesterday now
I'm not affected, but I'm understanding the rage better now...

I remembered how I felt when The Magic Whip was 99p on Google Play the week after I paid a tenner for it. :)
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

twostep

Post by twostep » 17 Jun 2015, 10:33

Yeah but I think there's going to be a contingent of those people at any gig the size of Hyde Park. At Hyde Park 2012 the couple behind me had bought tickets - which were £60 apiece iirc - not even realising it was a gig. They thought it was a screening of the Olympics Closing Ceremony in Hyde Park. They didn't know a single blur song. I don't think people should be so purist about the pedigree of the fan base at Hyde Park. For balance I also personally know several massive blur fans that bought the cheap tickets yesterday. They weren't planning on going in the first place because of prohibitive costs and the fact that they went to Hyde park in 2009 and 2012
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

Liese

Post by Liese » 17 Jun 2015, 11:36

twostep wrote:
Yeah but I think there's going to be a contingent of those people at any gig the size of Hyde Park. At Hyde Park 2012 the couple behind me had bought tickets - which were £60 apiece iirc - not even realising it was a gig. They thought it was a screening of the Olympics Closing Ceremony in Hyde Park. They didn't know a single blur song. I don't think people should be so purist about the pedigree of the fan base at Hyde Park. For balance I also personally know several massive blur fans that bought the cheap tickets yesterday. They weren't planning on going in the first place because of prohibitive costs and the fact that they went to Hyde park in 2009 and 2012
The couple right at the barrier with their Union Jacks and everything? I remember thinking they were rather brave knowing how it would feel up there at the front during, say, Parklife... :lol:
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 Jun 2015, 11:59

have you guys considered that some of these non-fans might become fans after the HP show?
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners