Gig: Zénith Paris, 15 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rosie

Re: Gig: Paris, 15 June

Post by Rosie » 26 Jun 2015, 06:35

Nice pictures, and nice report!
I arrived at Zènith at 5 pm, but I was in the sitting seats. Since I arrivede quite early, we managed to have the seats in the first row, so we watched the gig standing without any head in front of us, because we were about 1mt above the stalls area. The view of the gig was amazing, but I didn't see them so near like you, obviously.
My concern was that if I bought the stalls and managed to be in the first 3 or 4 rows that would be ok, otherwise I'd have risked to end with some heads in front of me seeing just those (I'm quite short). So we went for the seatings.
But I could have done like you, going at 3pm, but I've another concern: if you have to go to the toilet then you succeed to return to your first/second row?
Because I'm quite sure that I couldn't have avoid to go to the toilet from 3pm since 11pm! :oops:

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 26 Jun 2015, 08:18

Haha, I had exactly the same fears as you!

I'm short too (1m58) so I was afraid not to see anything if I wasn't close enough to the stage.

Then as I was going on my own, I also wondered "what if I need a pee?" :lol: Well, I tried not to drink too much before going to le Zénith (I don't know how people can drink beer after beer while queueing, I'd spend the whole evening in the restroom if I did the same! haha), which allowed me to be ok from 3.00pm till 6.30pm when the doors opened. Then I was all happy to have made it to the second row, but I just couldn't imagine standing a couple of hours more before going to the loo. Yet I'd rather do that than lose my place after having waited for hours :lol: Anyway, I asked the people next to me if they could keep my place for a while and people let me go back to where I originally was when I returned. But it was way before the gig started.

Such an organisation! :mrgreen:

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 26 Jun 2015, 11:52

Legless Owl wrote:Haha, I had exactly the same fears as you!
Such an organisation! :mrgreen:
Theank-you for the suggestions, next time I will be there, first row, I swear, at all costs!
Yes, such an organisation, but I think it was worthwile, been so close to the stage....uau....it makes a lot of difference!!
Also for the sound, I think: from where I was sometimes Damon's voice became quite confused with the band's sound, not the better acoustic. It was way better when I heard him last year in Italy.
But anyway, great gig 8-)

Simon le bon

Re: Gig: Zénith Paris, Jun 15

Post by Simon le bon » 13 Nov 2015, 23:51

It's crazy all the things going on in Paris, completely crazy.
Hundreds of people are still trapped inside le Bataclan, where the Eagles of death metal were playing (the band is ok). Many many victims in there. Some virtual friends who often posts on my favorite French forum are still inside and are hiding backstage.

Blur played a famous show in 2003 in le Bataclan. One of their best ever

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 14 Nov 2015, 00:43

Simon le bon wrote:It's crazy all the things going on in Paris, completely crazy.
Hundreds of people are still trapped inside le Bataclan, where the Eagles of death metal were playing (the band is ok). Many many victims in there. Some virtual friends who often posts on my favorite French forum are still inside and are hiding backstage.

Not been paying attention to the news tonight. Horrific. Truly sickening and shocking.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 14 Nov 2015, 00:56

Watching it all unfold on my nightshift. Horrific. My thoughts are with the people of Paris....
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 15 Nov 2015, 21:56

I hate that, absolutely terrible. Can't even fathom it...

And yes, it was a fantastic concert blur did there. Here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hG_CXvSjg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 16 Nov 2015, 07:42

This is terrible. I hope the people of Paris will be strong and react finding soon the strength to return as soon as possible to their normal life.
One of the guys dead in the Bataclan's attach has worked with Damon in the past, he ha written some words to remember him.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... loved.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a tragedy..

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 18 Nov 2015, 21:51

Simon le bon wrote:It's crazy all the things going on in Paris, completely crazy.

I hope your friends are safe, Simon.

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 20 Dec 2015, 10:25

The gig was broadcasted last night on arte, but they fixed that audio/video sync problem that ruined completely the dynamic of the concert when it was first broadcasted live.
Nice work from arte who could have just used the former video without giving a fuck...it's way way better now!
Great watch !

daii

Post by daii » 20 Dec 2015, 22:10

thanks for the info, I'm downloading it! will upload it later!

edit: here it is https://mega.nz/#!n1hhBSCZ!Pc1o6f6va94z ... 9cczX8YUUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (720p) the sound is better and I think they edited the video a bit. Is not the full gig. In on DIME too > http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=549293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by daii on 21 Dec 2015, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 21 Dec 2015, 16:36

Mega asking for a decryption key?

daii

Post by daii » 21 Dec 2015, 17:29

dparrott wrote:Mega asking for a decryption key?
here https://mega.nz/#!n1hhBSCZ!Pc1o6f6va94z ... 9cczX8YUUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. OK

Post by Mr. OK » 22 Dec 2015, 13:15

Audio and video quality are much improved. Shame it's not the full gig, though - they cut about 40 minutes' worth.

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 22 Dec 2015, 13:20

thanks for uploading the video daii