Gig: Zénith Paris, 15 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

JackS

Re: Gig: Paris, 15 June

Post by JackS » 16 Jun 2015, 03:14

Simon le bon wrote:I was in the audience today, and it was bloody amazing! For the people who don't go see the gigs but complain about the setlist : I think blur play for the people in the audience first, and not for the people who masturbate on setlist.fm. You don't want parklife in the setlist anymore? Good on you. The thing is that when you're in the middle of the moshpit and that everyone is going berserk singing the chorus, you just have a ball and that's it.
The fact that they played exactly the same set in blackpook or wherever doesn't change anything, simple as that.
Yeah, they could play 1992, but half of the crowd would fall asleep.
It was a brilliant gig, fantastic band, and very enjoyable atmosphere in the front rows
I'm not denying that people had a great time there, or whatever. I'm simply saying that it's a shame 3 great Magic Whip songs have been dropped on this tour, and at least one almost universally adored (Pyongyang) hasn't been touched. That's all.

munch

Post by munch » 16 Jun 2015, 05:46

How do i download it from that link? there seems to be an error message!
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

munch

Post by munch » 16 Jun 2015, 05:49

Simon le bon wrote:I was in the audience today, and it was bloody amazing! For the people who don't go see the gigs but complain about the setlist : I think blur play for the people in the audience first, and not for the people who masturbate on setlist.fm. You don't want parklife in the setlist anymore? Good on you. The thing is that when you're in the middle of the moshpit and that everyone is going berserk singing the chorus, you just have a ball and that's it.
The fact that they played exactly the same set in blackpook or wherever doesn't change anything, simple as that.
It was a brilliant gig, fantastic band, and very enjoyable atmosphere in the front rows
did you see the ibroadcast visuals??? was mine in there :O

edit:
judging by a youtube video it is not :/
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 16 Jun 2015, 09:57

here's a mp3 of the show last night i recorded: https://mega.co.nz/#!cpcQEYIT!5Fyobv4wH ... kdZhsBsNJk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

missing go out and part of there's no other way

Sean

Post by Sean » 16 Jun 2015, 10:08

Agreed, especially re Parklife. When you see the crowd reaction to that, every time they play it, you know why they keep it in. And damn right they should.

I'm just interested to know why those 3 TMW songs have been dropped.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 16 Jun 2015, 17:28

munch wrote:

edit:
yeah, sorry, it was not. I looked very carefully, and all i can say is that yours is way better than the ones that were selected...sad shame, really

thom

Post by thom » 16 Jun 2015, 18:27

Recap: Blur au Zénith de Paris
Full HD Show: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHH1M ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link provides fast download and is available only for a short time. please use password Zénith to extract the Mp4 video file from the rar.

daii

Post by daii » 16 Jun 2015, 22:09

well, here it is...

Blur - Zénith, París, France - 15th June 2015
720p - 1.89 GB
https://mega.co.nz/#!rwwhCKSL!A40lIxwPs ... Hu3D_9aztQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sexi damon :mrgreen:

Image Image

munch

Post by munch » 17 Jun 2015, 01:18

Simon le bon wrote:
munch wrote:

edit:
yeah, sorry, it was not. I looked very carefully, and all i can say is that yours is way better than the ones that were selected...sad shame, really
thanks for looking :)
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 17 Jun 2015, 03:48

daii wrote:well, here it is...

Blur - Zénith, París, France - 15th June 2015
720p - 1.89 GB
https://mega.co.nz/#!rwwhCKSL!A40lIxwPs ... Hu3D_9aztQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sexi damon :mrgreen:

Image Image
Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 17 Jun 2015, 07:58

Hi guys, just returned home from Paris.
It was my first Blur's gig and I loved every bit of it. The best for me was Trimm trabb, what a performance!
And the showers on Dave ......ahahahhahahhahah
Thank-you so much for the upload, what a memory!!!
Regarding the setlist, haven't ever been to a Blur gig, I would have said I'd gladly dropped Parklife for other new songs, my ears are tired to ear it, I never listen to Parklife now in the car, for exemple. But when I was there, I realized that this was one of the best moment of the gig, the crowd went just.....crazy, all the crowd, everyone was jumping and it was fantastic been there! No other song apart Song 2 received this kind of response from the public, it's just awesome..
I think that the only solution would be to have a longer setlist: with their powerful back catalogue and the beautiful new album this was a quite restrict setlist, why they don't just add 5/6 songs at least?
Judging from their energy I think they could do it!
Anyway, fantastic gig, fantastic night, thanks Blur to exist!!

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 17 Jun 2015, 09:19

Thanks Daii!

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 17 Jun 2015, 09:54

Rosie wrote:Hi guys, just returned home from Paris.
It was my first Blur's gig and I loved every bit of it. The best for me was Trimm trabb, what a performance!
And the showers on Dave ......ahahahhahahhahah
Thank-you so much for the upload, what a memory!!!
Regarding the setlist, haven't ever been to a Blur gig, I would have said I'd gladly dropped Parklife for other new songs, my ears are tired to ear it, I never listen to Parklife now in the car, for exemple. But when I was there, I realized that this was one of the best moment of the gig, the crowd went just.....crazy, all the crowd, everyone was jumping and it was fantastic been there! No other song apart Song 2 received this kind of response from the public, it's just awesome..
I think that the only solution would be to have a longer setlist: with their powerful back catalogue and the beautiful new album this was a quite restrict setlist, why they don't just add 5/6 songs at least?
Judging from their energy I think they could do it!
Anyway, fantastic gig, fantastic night, thanks Blur to exist!!
Agreed, Parklife was mind-blowing. The crowd went nuts. It was one of the highlights of the show.

Overall, it was a phenomenal gig. I have only two complaints: 1) they could have played a few more songs from TMW (Pyongyang! :( ), and 2) I thought the sound was a bit too loud. There was an African (I think) band as warm-up before Blur and I thought their sound mix was much better. But regardless, what a night!

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 17 Jun 2015, 10:22

Rubi wrote:
Agreed, Parklife was mind-blowing. The crowd went nuts. It was one of the highlights of the show.

Overall, it was a phenomenal gig. I have only two complaints: 1) they could have played a few more songs from TMW (Pyongyang! :( ), and 2) I thought the sound was a bit too loud. There was an African (I think) band as warm-up before Blur and I thought their sound mix was much better. But regardless, what a night!
Yes, I completely agree with you with the sound being not perfect. In my perceptionI Damon's voice was a little distorted . When last year I saw him in Italy the sound was a lot better, and his voice more clear. Maybe it was too loud, like you said and yes, I too reckon that the band before them sounded better.

But it doesn't matter, it was a fantastic, fenomenal gig, I really really hope they will add an italian date to their tour in order to see them again.....finger crossed!!

Sarah

Post by Sarah » 17 Jun 2015, 10:29

thom wrote:Recap: Blur au Zénith de Paris
Full HD Show: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHH1M ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link provides fast download and is available only for a short time. please use password Zénith to extract the Mp4 video file from the rar.
Thanks!! I can see myself ha :shock: this'll be nice to have once the post-tour marathon is over and I'm sad.