Gig: Zénith Paris, 15 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: Gig: Paris, 15 June

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Jun 2015, 08:37

Mark72 wrote:
metalhipslop wrote:watched the video of it. good show, though I didn't really like the "here we, here we, here we fucking go" at the beginning of Song 2 :?
Agreed, I thought that was a bit unnecessary but a great show though
I hope and expect that won't become a regular feature! Thought it was slightly embarrassing actually. Sweary without much reason.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 20 Jun 2015, 08:40

It was a feature in Wales, although personally I don't really mind it, Song 2 is a bit silly anyway

Sean

Post by Sean » 20 Jun 2015, 11:30

I've no qualms with the swearing - how uptight must one be to take issue with a swear word? - it's the just the sort of beery, football chant (and I love football) thing that I find distasteful. Blur (well, Damon) should've left that behind years ago. Mind you he is a man of nearly 50 who still wears an earring and sometimes can be seen in a baseball cap with a ganja leaf on the front. :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 20 Jun 2015, 15:52

Sean wrote:I've no qualms with the swearing - how uptight must one be to take issue with a swear word? - it's the just the sort of beery, football chant (and I love football) thing that I find distasteful. Blur (well, Damon) should've left that behind years ago. Mind you he is a man of nearly 50 who still wears an earring and sometimes can be seen in a baseball cap with a ganja leaf on the front. :lol:
He knows he hasn't grown up yet :P

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Jun 2015, 16:35

They did something like that in Blackpool but to my ears it sounded like "ey up, ey up, we're the fucking north". Odd.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

yqurmh

Post by yqurmh » 20 Jun 2015, 20:48

One audio from Zenith
http://uploaded.net/file/vpdvdzsm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://uploaded.net/file/a28m3mho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 20 Jun 2015, 21:31

aldamasta wrote:
Sean wrote:I've no qualms with the swearing - how uptight must one be to take issue with a swear word? - it's the just the sort of beery, football chant (and I love football) thing that I find distasteful. Blur (well, Damon) should've left that behind years ago. Mind you he is a man of nearly 50 who still wears an earring and sometimes can be seen in a baseball cap with a ganja leaf on the front. :lol:
He knows he hasn't grown up yet :P
He's also Damon motherfưčƙing Albarn.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

JackS

Post by JackS » 20 Jun 2015, 22:36

Here we fucking go was present and correct at Hyde Park, just for the record...

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 20 Jun 2015, 22:43

I have no issues with swearing (I could make a sailor blush) but the whole 'here we go, here we go' thing is just a bit... Tacky? Especially because it seems to be becoming part of the set list now - maybe if it were spurof the moment I Would understand better, but if it's 'rehearsed' there's not much point to it?

JackS

Post by JackS » 21 Jun 2015, 03:13

Caitlin wrote:I have no issues with swearing (I could make a sailor blush) but the whole 'here we go, here we go' thing is just a bit... Tacky? Especially because it seems to be becoming part of the set list now - maybe if it were spurof the moment I Would understand better, but if it's 'rehearsed' there's not much point to it?
Agree with you completely. Plus, it sounded very... awkward.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Jun 2015, 08:59

I certainly don't care if someone says FUCK. :lol:

It's context. When Damon came out last night and said to the crowd: 'Let's fucking have this!!' that felt like a real rallying cry and just the sort of thing you'd say when you're pumped up. But that Song 2 thing in Paris, he even introduced it as a new bit for the crowd to join in with. Precisely - too pre-planned, too awkward.

gwyper

Post by gwyper » 21 Jun 2015, 15:07

I think the Here we, here we... chant has obviously been present after the Glasgow gig. Damon and Graham had a right good laugh when the crowd were bouncing and singing that. Doesnt work as well anywhere else.

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 22 Jun 2015, 08:28

Me neither, I dind't liked the "here we go.." thing in Paris. Actually, I didn't understood well what he was saying so I was like... :?: :?: :?: :?:
But anyway, I found it a little strained, I would have enjoyed song 2 more without it.
For the earring, marijuiana leaf, and so on things that Damon is still doing in his fifties, I looove it!! Love silly Damon, it's not forced, it's really him, and i love to see this childish side in a grown-up man! It so fresh, and he's a rockstar, not a prime minister!! :lol: 8-)

Sean

Post by Sean » 22 Jun 2015, 09:28

Rosie wrote:Me neither, I dind't liked the "here we go.." thing in Paris. Actually, I didn't understood well what he was saying so I was like... :?: :?: :?: :?:
But anyway, I found it a little strained, I would have enjoyed song 2 more without it.
For the earring, marijuiana leaf, and so on things that Damon is still doing in his fifties, I looove it!! Love silly Damon, it's not forced, it's really him, and i love to see this childish side in a grown-up man! It so fresh, and he's a rockstar, not a prime minister!! :lol: 8-)
:mrgreen:

I'm only taking the piss, I love him. He can do what he likes for all I care. :D
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 22 Jun 2015, 09:38

Sean wrote:
I'm only taking the piss, I love him. He can do what he likes for all I care. :D
Yes, I've understood, I'm not criticizing you, only reiterating how much I love the Damon's personality ungrown side!!
He's sooo funny sometimes... :D