B-Roads

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

AdvertBreak

Re: B-Roads

Post by AdvertBreak » 29 May 2015, 17:27

MrMagpie wrote:It reminds me of the way "Carnival of Light" has been built up by Beatles fans over the years as this amazing lost piece when the one person outside the band and George Martin who has heard it (Mark Lewisohn) has said many times that it's pretty awful and would only be listened to once by most fans.
Not sure about that, many fans listen to Revolution 9 more than once (and have listened to it countless times) and Carnival of Light sounds more interesting.

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 29 May 2015, 17:45

Indiana wrote:
mishmosh wrote:I heard on the grapevine that B-Roads is not particularly interesting, so I'll take their word on it!
Oh I don't know mish... that orgy scene is pretty intense.
Only cos you were there you hussy !!

:P

Liese

Post by Liese » 29 May 2015, 17:47

mishmosh wrote:
Indiana wrote:
mishmosh wrote:I heard on the grapevine that B-Roads is not particularly interesting, so I'll take their word on it!
Oh I don't know mish... that orgy scene is pretty intense.
Only cos you were there you hussy !!

:P
Nah, guys, you mix that up with the infamous and even more sought after sex tape. ;)

Where's Caitlin, by the way...?
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 29 May 2015, 18:19

Sex tape? You mean a la Kim Kardarseian?
Last edited by Indiana on 29 May 2015, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 29 May 2015, 18:28

lol@sex tape :lol:

Blur were too drunk in the 90's, you know what that does to *coughs* performance :lol: So not much of an orgy and probably just a bunch of skinny guys cuddling and girls looking unimpressed :|

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 29 May 2015, 19:01

AdvertBreak wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:It reminds me of the way "Carnival of Light" has been built up by Beatles fans over the years as this amazing lost piece when the one person outside the band and George Martin who has heard it (Mark Lewisohn) has said many times that it's pretty awful and would only be listened to once by most fans.
Not sure about that, many fans listen to Revolution 9 more than once (and have listened to it countless times) and Carnival of Light sounds more interesting.
But hardcore fans aren't who labels cater to with releases like these...they don't care if several hundred diehards buy it...it's only worth it to them if tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of casual fans will buy it. CoL would have more interest and sell way more simply because it's the Beatles, obviously.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 29 May 2015, 20:36

MrMagpie wrote:
rob_graves wrote:So I'm thinking we launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise money and whoever leaks it shall get the bounty.
Which they can then use to pay their legal fees when EMI come after them. Sounds like a plan! :roll: :lol:
:lol: It's as if you think when people upload films, TV and music they put their name and address on the end of the upload

Or maybe they do it completely anonymously like anyone who would ever upload this film would

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 29 May 2015, 20:51

Pasta wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:
rob_graves wrote:So I'm thinking we launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise money and whoever leaks it shall get the bounty.
Which they can then use to pay their legal fees when EMI come after them. Sounds like a plan! :roll: :lol:
:lol: It's as if you think when people upload films, TV and music they put their name and address on the end of the upload

Or maybe they do it completely anonymously like anyone who would ever upload this film would
You don't get it, the person who owns it knows who got it, we are talking about 10 people here

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 29 May 2015, 20:52

MrMagpie wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:
But hardcore fans aren't who labels cater to with releases like these...they don't care if several hundred diehards buy it...it's only worth it to them if tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of casual fans will buy it. CoL would have more interest and sell way more simply because it's the Beatles, obviously.
I know and I was being careful to separate any mention of B-Roads.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 29 May 2015, 22:15

beatfloh wrote:
Pasta wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:

You don't get it, the person who owns it knows who got it, we are talking about 10 people here
Things have leaked before when far fewer people have had access

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 30 May 2015, 00:17

Yes, but people have been sued for leaking far more boring things.

Look, let's be realistic, it's gonna get out there one day. Whether it's leaked or formally released, who knows. But given what kicked off the last time someone tired to get it out there, people can't be blamed for not leaking. I'm a tiny 23 year old and I'm sure as hell not going to take the risk of EMI coming after me or losing my job if I have charges pressed. And I'm not going to potentially put anyone else in that situation, cause as it's been said before, if it does leak it's not going to take them long to figure out who passed it around initially.

Yes, it's easy to leak things online. With a bit of effort, you can make sure it's relatively untraceable back to you. But given I can't guarantee that the people who passed it around initially wouldn't be found, I'm not gonna take the risk of having them thrown under the bus.

Anyway, back to the orgy...

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 30 May 2015, 12:17

Caitlin wrote:Anyway, back to the orgy...

Where Did the idea of the "sex tape" come from anyways?

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 31 May 2015, 18:34

MrMagpie wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:
I'm sure that if there's a market for deluxe Bananarama 2CD & DVD reissues there's a market for an alledgedly mediocre Blur documentary.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 03 Jun 2015, 14:57

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 03 Jun 2015, 15:47

mr_spenalzo wrote: I'm sure that if there's a market for deluxe Bananarama 2CD & DVD reissues there's a market for an alledgedly mediocre Blur documentary.
:lol: I still love Cruel Summer!