Blur on TFI Friday special on 12th June 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Forever Low Man

Re: Blur on TFI Friday special on 12th June

Post by Forever Low Man » 04 Jun 2015, 01:24

AdvertBreak wrote:Liam didn't like Chris Evans either lol, so I have no idea why he and Graham on this tbh.
they've all probably since mellowed out
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 04 Jun 2015, 01:27

More than likely.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 06 Jun 2015, 07:57

Mark72 wrote:TFI was a show that was perfect timing for what was going on at the time musically and in culture. The 11pm showing was the best because all the stuff that got cut at 6pm made it later.
:D Yes. I rarely saw the show in its 6-7pm timeslot, at which time of day I was still at work, or in between work and going out.

I used to record the 11pm showing, and watch it later in the weekend. I still have some VHSs in the cupboard with clips of TFIs/TOTPs/other music shows from that period.

As others have mentioned, I don't think I could take to such a show in the same way now. But I am not as immersed in the latest musical happenings as I was in the 90s.

I don't think TFI ever took a turn for the worse - it seemed to maintain its consistency over its five-year run. But had it continued, I doubtless would have lost interest. 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' began in the same period (with similar guests as TFI Friday) and has continued ever since (until now). But I long ago drifted out of watching it. :|
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Miki

Post by Miki » 06 Jun 2015, 10:10

TFI was a great programme. It was very 90s in its format, but at the time it was something a bit different. There isn't really any cool TV for younger people now... maybe people don't watch TV any more.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

windymiller

Post by windymiller » 07 Jun 2015, 07:37

It really was essential viewing at the time. Captured the whole period of Cool Britannia and the late Britpop into 'dadrock' era perfectly.
Lost its way later on as the music scene got worse and no longer felt as relevant, plus Evans taking a backseat with guest presenters.
Great to see it back as a one-off celebration but I wouldn't expect a series to follow.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 08 Jun 2015, 15:46

http://www.xfm.co.uk/artists/oasis/news ... GKcftML.97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liam Gallagher And The Who's Roger Daltrey To Form TFI Supergroup
8th June 2015, 12:00

The former Oasis frontman is joining forces with The Who's lead singer, Ringo Starr's son Zak and Ian Broudie of the Lightning Seeds in a live performance on the reborn TFI Friday.

Newspaper The Sun featured the story first and said the idea for the band appealed to Liam because he's been "bored" since Beady Eye split last year. Also appearing on the TFI special are Blur, the Stone Roses, Rudimental and Years & Years.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Jun 2015, 16:38

Just heard that JEZZA will be on the show too. Even better! CLARKSON!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 08 Jun 2015, 16:43

tom_cas1 wrote:I've just been watching highlights from old shows and it seems odd to say the least. Musical segments not so much, but those weird games in between...I'll be watching for Blur and that's it.

Also why is Liam on the show? He has nothing going on right now, seems like it's a deliberate attempt to put him in the same room as Blur. Kind of pointless really.
It was a great show back then, along with The Word and Ray Cokes Mtv's Most Wanted they were all a massive part in the quality 90s British music movement..

twostep

Post by twostep » 08 Jun 2015, 17:19

tom_cas1 wrote:Just heard that JEZZA will be on the show too. Even better! CLARKSON!!
christ
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 08 Jun 2015, 18:23

Clarkson's on it now is he? Oh dear - that's all we need. The biggest absolute tit in broadcasting history.
Still, looking forward to the show.
Was a really great blend of live music with an imaginative range of acts from obscure indie stuff to the big pop people of the day.
I was in the audience when Blur did Beetlebum!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Jun 2015, 18:29

Clarkson = GOD. Glad to have him on there.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

beats

Post by beats » 08 Jun 2015, 19:53

Neal Zeal wrote:Clarkson's on it now is he? Oh dear - that's all we need. The biggest absolute tit in broadcasting history.
!
Correct. Absolute welt.

WillTrow

Post by WillTrow » 08 Jun 2015, 21:27

Clarkson = God? The mans a cock that exudes stale fags and arrogance. Hardly worth worshiping! :? :)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Jun 2015, 21:32

The man is a legend.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 08 Jun 2015, 21:44

I love the way even the mention of Jeremy Clarkson has some people hopping up and down. Pavlov-esque.