Alex: "I'd love an Oasis reunion, they can support Blur"

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tender

Re: Alex: "I'd love an Oasis reunion, they can support Blur"

Post by tender » 27 May 2015, 14:25

MrMagpie wrote:
Well, yes... :lol: But it's gotten really bad since the reunion in 2009. I swear if I hear that "A-team" quote one more time again... :twisted:
this time it seems like the quote he mentions quite often is the late baby in a marriage .....

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 27 May 2015, 15:39

tender wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:
Well, yes... :lol: But it's gotten really bad since the reunion in 2009. I swear if I hear that "A-team" quote one more time again... :twisted:
this time it seems like the quote he mentions quite often is the late baby in a marriage .....
Yes, the miracle late baby quote has been wheeled out a lot. Be fair though, if I was doing endless interviews I'd probably be trotting out the same old crap time and time again after a while. You have to remember, it's only us fans who notice most of this repetition. For the casual observer, they'll hear the story recounted once and that'll be it.

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 27 May 2015, 15:58

Alex I don't like you and DO shut up :lol:
no jk... I like you, but still... do shut up.

About the baby and marriage... that's all of them, particularly the marriage one it's pretty old though as far as '91

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 27 May 2015, 16:26

tender wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:
Oh God, you're right!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 27 May 2015, 22:38

i say it again... poor alex
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 28 May 2015, 07:40

MrMagpie wrote:
tender wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:
Oh God, you're right!
Yeah, man!

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 29 May 2015, 11:02

101reykjavik wrote:Be fair though, if I was doing endless interviews I'd probably be trotting out the same old crap time and time again after a while. You have to remember, it's only us fans who notice most of this repetition. For the casual observer, they'll hear the story recounted once and that'll be it.
This! It's only the likes of us that trawl through every interview and see the same answers to the same questions over and over again.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 29 May 2015, 16:50

My Name Is Mud wrote:
101reykjavik wrote:Be fair though, if I was doing endless interviews I'd probably be trotting out the same old crap time and time again after a while. You have to remember, it's only us fans who notice most of this repetition. For the casual observer, they'll hear the story recounted once and that'll be it.
This! It's only the likes of us that trawl through every interview and see the same answers to the same questions over and over again.
I agree to a point, but you look at older guys like McCartney, Keef, Jimmy Page, just to name a few...they repeat many of the same answers but it never comes across as cringeworthy as the stuff Alex says. At least not to me.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 29 May 2015, 19:16

Two different but related points I think. Repetition which I have expressed an understanding for, and secondly the content of what Alex says (cringeworthy nature or otherwise). Alex gets a lot of stick but I sort of admire him for being his own man and not caring about being cool for what he says all the time.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 29 May 2015, 19:28

This is so funny because ive noticed this. Every recent interview, it's been "we had 5 spare days in Hong kong", "I'm glad to have my old mates back", "it's like a late baby in a marriage". Makes me laugh every time, they must be sick of the questions and answers hahah
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

trimmtrabb

Post by trimmtrabb » 29 May 2015, 19:54

Leahscarlet2 wrote:This is so funny because ive noticed this. Every recent interview, it's been "we had 5 spare days in Hong kong", "I'm glad to have my old mates back", "it's like a late baby in a marriage". Makes me laugh every time, they must be sick of the questions and answers hahah
yeah, "the miracle baby" hahaha

tender

Post by tender » 30 May 2015, 02:20

James says: 'I hope Oasis get back together. They can support us'

Alex James interview: Blur's bassist on the band's comeback, Oasis, and making cheese

Blur are playing a number of dates over the summer following the release of their latest album, The Magic Whip

So, Blur are back. Are you excited ?

It's just wonderful that the record has been well received. The longer we left it, the more of a mountain it was. You know when you leave the washing up and it becomes a pile? It was like we were all afraid to go back into the kitchen.
Might you end up like the Stones?

I wouldn't want it to get grotesque. But it's such a precious thing we have, this ability to make music together, that's been there since our very first rehearsal. We wrote our first single, "She's So High", in that rehearsal. It's a highly honed relationship. You don't really get bands now. It's all solo artists with session musicians.
So we haven't heard the last of you?
Well, I treat every show like it's the last. It is genuinely edgy and precarious. You never know what Coxon is going to do next, or when I'm going to do something that upsets everybody.
How serious was the old rivalry between Blur and Oasis?
Liam's come out and said "Lonesome Street" [from Blur's new album] is his favourite song of the year, god bless him. And Damon and Noel are quite good friends now. So, I think, let's focus on the positives. It's lovely that it's got a happy ending. I hope they get back together. They can support us.

You spent a million quid on cocaine and champagne. Do you remember much of the 1990s?
To be honest, I kind of made that up to promote the book [his autobiography, Bit of a Blur]. But everybody seemed to believe it. One of the lovely things about getting back with the band is that the music is so evocative. I'm really proud of what we did. But I'm proud of winning gold medals for cheese as well.
Oh, yes. Cheese. When did you realise you'd have a post-Blur career as a cheesemaker?
You don't tend to think about the future that much when you're in the thick of things. But I couldn't help noticing that people threw cheese at me while we were playing. They knew that I liked it. It took about a year of living on a farm before I worked out that was what I should do. And it was actually writing about it in The Independent that made it happen.
So we're to blame. How did you come up with the flavours for your Asda cheeses? They were interesting…
Yeah, Cheddar Tikka Masala. That was actually remarkably good.
Read more: Blur to headline British Summer Time
Blur announce new album and comeback gig
David Cameron 'dad danced' with Alex James
Damon Albarn on Blur and drug addiction
Damon Albarn to release first solo album in April
Blur bassist trademarks comedy name ‘Britpop’
Tomato Ketchup Cheddar?
One of my children, I have to tell you, doesn't like cheese – apart from that one. The thing is, you can still have fun with food. I'm not sure how easy it is to have fun in the music industry any more.
So now it's all about cheese, is it?
Chefs are the new rock stars. If you want to be in a band, you have to be up really early and be nice to everyone. Chefs can tell people to shove it and get up when they like.
I read that you've registered the trademark for a drink called Britpop?
Yes. I haven't had time to do anything with it yet.
And what's on Blur's rider now?
It's sort of a torment being asked what you want every day. But two things you're always pleased to see is a new pair of socks and a new pair of pants. And cheese, obviously. I always want some cheese.

Liese

Post by Liese » 01 Jun 2015, 17:54

NME found us, I guess (even coping the thread's title...):

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/85862?utm_ ... newsletter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 01 Jun 2015, 18:31

tender wrote:Might you end up like the Stones?
I wouldn't want it to get grotesque.

You never know what Coxon is going to do next, or when I'm going to do something that upsets everybody.

You spent a million quid on cocaine and champagne. Do you remember much of the 1990s?
To be honest, I kind of made that up to promote the book [his autobiography, Bit of a Blur]. But everybody seemed to believe it.
:lol: :D

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 Jun 2015, 20:48

Alex :roll: This is what happens when you stay stupid shit-stirring..well..shit! It gets put in the always wise NME! (Strange News from a Stupid Source volume 8769?)