Blur Tribute album in the works (forum comp)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Blur Tribute album in the works (forum comp)

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 May 2015, 01:48

Why the hell not? They just put out a new album, and there are certainly some talented musicians on here who probably know how to play Blur songs.

I'll host the tribute on http://vblurpageforums.bandcamp.com. It will be a free download.

If you have a submission, PM me a link to the song. Or post it in the thread. Either way is fine.


Submissions entered:

dparrott - "Tame"
ciregno16 - "Out Of Time"
Forever Low Man - "1992"
Last edited by Forever Low Man on 12 Jun 2015, 16:41, edited 4 times in total.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7035
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 May 2015, 06:00

I'll make something :)
Image

Pasta
Posts: 692
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Pasta » 17 May 2015, 18:10

Haha ok maybe I'll contribute something

Can I cover a graham solo track

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 May 2015, 18:14

What is the deadline for submission?
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 May 2015, 19:08

Pasta wrote:Can I cover a graham solo track
Absolutely.

The only side project that I won't accept covers for is Gorillaz. I might set that up later.
tom_cas1 wrote:What is the deadline for submission?
No idea.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Pasta
Posts: 692
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Pasta » 17 May 2015, 19:11

Forever Low Man wrote:
Pasta wrote:Can I cover a graham solo track
Absolutely.

The only side project that I won't accept covers for is Gorillaz. I might set that up later.
tom_cas1 wrote:What is the deadline for submission?
No idea.

Cool. I think the submission period should end when a reasonable amount of covers have been contributed and no one has any more

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 May 2015, 19:36

Pretty sure you can add songs even when you publish an album so just do that.

Btw - I'll be doing an Ambulance cover. :D We should have plenty of songs to go around as I imagine no more than 10 people will be doing this anyway. That's just a guess though. Can't wait! I'll aim to get started this week.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 May 2015, 19:44

I'm thinking a submission cap of 15 songs. How does that sound?
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 May 2015, 19:52

15 each? :P I'm guessing 15 total. Don't know, I personally don't think there should be a cap. Some people might not see the message until after the 15 songs have been submitted or in some cases don't have the immediate time to record a cover and may get beaten to it by others which would be a shame.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 May 2015, 20:24

tom_cas1 wrote:15 each? :P I'm guessing 15 total. Don't know, I personally don't think there should be a cap. Some people might not see the message until after the 15 songs have been submitted or in some cases don't have the immediate time to record a cover and may get beaten to it by others which would be a shame.
I'm just throwing a number out there.

The cap might be one hour in length of total songs. I don't know. I only have one song in, so I can't really make any calls.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
Simon le bon
Posts: 147
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 11:09
Location: france

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Simon le bon » 19 May 2015, 09:04

I'd be well up for it. Hard to chose a song though...

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 305
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 17:16

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Foggy » 19 May 2015, 09:12

I'd suggest accepting any number and putting them all on Soundcloud, or somewhere.

You can then cobble together a "Best Of" tracklist using polls to determine what makes the cut. We like polls, don't we?
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

UnderThePuritan
Posts: 160
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 10:31

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by UnderThePuritan » 19 May 2015, 09:53

Shotgun covering Caravan!
Image

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by Forever Low Man » 19 May 2015, 11:09

Foggy wrote:I'd suggest accepting any number and putting them all on Soundcloud, or somewhere.

You can then cobble together a "Best Of" tracklist using polls to determine what makes the cut. We like polls, don't we?
That could work.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

WillTrow
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:16

Re: I'm setting up a Blur tribute album.

Post by WillTrow » 21 May 2015, 13:06

more than up for this

Post Reply