Gig: Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton, 6 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

beatfloh

Re: Gig: Wolverhampton, 6 June

Post by beatfloh » 08 Jun 2015, 21:49

billythefish wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Haha yeah, definitely no Country House.
We defo do not live in country houses in Wolverhampton.
But you have the best people of the UK in the Midlands. I enjoyed every minute, I was living there for 8 years, was like coming home on Saturday

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 08 Jun 2015, 23:21

ha my mistake! those were 2009 videos~ doh!

rich

Post by rich » 09 Jun 2015, 00:24

so - how did you manage to get a ticket Tom?
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Liese

Post by Liese » 09 Jun 2015, 06:41

tom_cas1 wrote:Stereotypes was probably the highlight of the show for me, absolutely stunning!!!
It was -- musically as well as in terms of general entertainment. Everyone on stage was laughing so hard during Damon's crowdsurfing (or rather when he was made to crowdsurf by the crowd...) :lol:
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

billythefish

Post by billythefish » 09 Jun 2015, 08:11

beatfloh wrote:
billythefish wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Haha yeah, definitely no Country House.
We defo do not live in country houses in Wolverhampton.
But you have the best people of the UK in the Midlands. I enjoyed every minute, I was living there for 8 years, was like coming home on Saturday

This is true.. :D

Cheers

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 09 Jun 2015, 12:19

Liese wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Stereotypes was probably the highlight of the show for me, absolutely stunning!!!
It was -- musically as well as in terms of general entertainment. Everyone on stage was laughing so hard during Damon's crowdsurfing (or rather when he was made to crowdsurf by the crowd...) :lol:
Any video of this? I want to see it!!!!!

WillTrow

Post by WillTrow » 09 Jun 2015, 13:29

Rosie wrote:
Liese wrote:
Any video of this? I want to see it!!!!!
He basically leant backwards into the crowd slowly, until we managed to take his weight ahah, absolute highlight for me.

Not felt these so called "gig blues" before. Knowing that youve already seen the best gig youll ever see kinda leaves you hollow maaaaan

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 09 Jun 2015, 14:50

WillTrow wrote:
He basically leant backwards into the crowd slowly, until we managed to take his weight ahah, absolute highlight for me.

Not felt these so called "gig blues" before. Knowing that youve already seen the best gig youll ever see kinda leaves you hollow maaaaan
You lucky guy!! I'm soooo jealous!!
It would be a dream for me to have Damon crowdsurfing over my head!! ;) :D

On monday it will be my turn, in Paris, but unluckily the Zenith is not so small, the small venues are the best, you really can enjoy the band at his best.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 09 Jun 2015, 15:00

BBC on Wolverhampton: Go Out, Damon talking about the Midlands, and the fans reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8iMse4gGOU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The fans before the gig and Out of Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlAABCOFcUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liese

Post by Liese » 09 Jun 2015, 16:42

WillTrow wrote:
Liese wrote:

I had this feeling after seeing them in Colchester/Wales Colne in 2009 -- not knowing I would be there this last Saturday for a gig that was just as memorable. :D

Any chance you were with us (the two German girls) in the queue and are the one who got Graham to give you his pick during the gig?

Cheers!
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 09 Jun 2015, 17:51

Liese wrote:
naughty Smog had a good laugh as well before starting the rescue operation