Near misses

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rubi

Re: Near misses

Post by Rubi » 10 May 2015, 18:40

I guess I do. :lol:

TMA

Post by TMA » 14 May 2015, 10:36

Rubi wrote:Why would you get wasted before a show? Isn't the whole point to go and listen to the music? I can understand a couple of beers, but to the point of blacking out? Stupid, in my opinion.
How sanctimonious.

Talk like that round my way will see that you end up with a good skullfucking for your troubles.

JJS

Post by JJS » 14 May 2015, 11:40

Only seen them once, at Wolves 2012, but the whole thing was a near miss haha. As I hadn't signed up in time for the pre-sale, I ended up begging the old forum for a code, until finally someone from America kindly gave me one the night before it went on sale! Once I got that, I had my next hurdle... At the time I was skint, eighteen and fresh out of Sixth Form, meaning I had to beg (once again!) my brother to both pay and come to the gig with me. Reluctantly, he said yes, understanding that (presumably because we're from Manchester) none of my mates liked blur. The trouble wasn't over, though. The week before the gig, he realised he couldn't get the date off work, meaning I had a pair of tickets with his name on it, and with the strange restrictions that they had at that gig regarding proof of ID, all looked lost. Undeterred, I convinced one of my friends to come with me (who came to see 'that southern band who think they're better than Oasis'), took my brother's debit card and driver's license and got on the National Express to Wolves, hoping for the best.

We got to the entrance. The uncaring, snobby jobsworth of a 'ticket inspector'(?) mindlessly droned 'ID and card', to which I then spluttered out my bulletproof story of how the tickets were a gift and it's my brother who got them etc, etc, showing my provisional and his license as the conclusive proof that it actually was. The stone faced inspector looked at me in the eye, gave a wry little smile of satisfaction, leaned in and sighed: 'no, this is fraud. You're not coming in, son.'

My heart sank. But once again, I wasn't to be deterred. I tried every single stone faced guard until FINALLY I found the person in charge, who in all honesty looked like she actually cared. Looking back, I think she took pity, scanned the tickets, and said 'this is a one off, go on'.

And I was in. To this day I still smile thinking about it.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 15 May 2015, 12:17

TMA wrote:
Rubi wrote:Why would you get wasted before a show? Isn't the whole point to go and listen to the music? I can understand a couple of beers, but to the point of blacking out? Stupid, in my opinion.
How sanctimonious.

Talk like that round my way will see that you end up with a good skullfucking for your troubles.
The kind of reply I would expect from a drunk fucktard.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 15 May 2015, 12:25

Language please.

TMA

Post by TMA » 15 May 2015, 14:17

Rubi wrote:
TMA wrote:
How sanctimonious.

Have you ever considered self-harm?

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 15 May 2015, 14:25

Wow guys, this isn't /mu/. We're all friends here.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 15 May 2015, 14:32

This forum doesn't get into childish nastiness like this ever. Come on people, cool it.

thespider

Post by thespider » 15 May 2015, 14:43

Well I'd like to be the first person to welcome Liam Gallagher to this forum.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 May 2015, 15:40

TMA wrote:
Rubi wrote:
TMA wrote:
How sanctimonious.

Have you ever considered self-harm?
Cut down on the appalling language, chief. Comments like that are not welcome on here.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

leequoiz

Post by leequoiz » 18 May 2015, 04:15

Last year when Damon came to Melbourne. I had enough money for a ticket, and so did my sister. We were gonna go together. Mum agreed with it. We were about to buy the tickets, and Mum just has to tell my step dad. He says no. "I don't agree with a 16 year old and a 14 year old going to a concert without an adult". I don't know why I made myself suffer, but I checked the ticket site daily, just to see what was left, just in case he changed his mind. Nope! Still think it was unfair, still bitter about it, but oh well. Going to see Blur in July.

Liese

Post by Liese » 21 May 2015, 12:38

When I was 12 (in March 1996) blur came to play a rather small venue in my hometown in Germany (Hanover). My friend's father agreed to go with us, but my mother did not allow it. :(

Next time I got the chance to see them as a 4-piece (after a gig in Hamburg in 2003) was at Colchester in 2009. 8-)

It had been worth waiting for 13 years, but I still hold that against my mum whenever she wonders why I am still obsessed with this band at the age of 31. :lol:
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."