Blur 'Converse' Show Live In Brooklyn, 1st May 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: Blur playing Brooklyn on Friday

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Apr 2015, 16:43

themanwholefthimself wrote:Has anyone noticed it says "Honduras" on the right side of this poster? Would they go South America as well?
Support act I think...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 28 Apr 2015, 16:43

They're actually doing an American show!!! God if only I lived near New York, FUCK my life! :( Glad for those who can go though!!!

Colleen Zeal

Post by Colleen Zeal » 28 Apr 2015, 16:44

themanwholefthimself wrote:That's awesome!!!! I knew they wouldn't bother to go all the way across the pond only for a tv show. US fans wanted to be pampered? Well, there ya' go!! :D
One show at a small club is pampering?

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 28 Apr 2015, 16:46

mizzuzjoja wrote:As a Brooklynite, I will kill multitudes of people, as many as necessary, to be there.

I also plan to try to get into the Thursday Fallon taping via standby. Wish me luck, friends 8-)
Good luck!! Anyone else on the forum who could potentially go?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Apr 2015, 16:47

Colleen Zeal wrote:
themanwholefthimself wrote:That's awesome!!!! I knew they wouldn't bother to go all the way across the pond only for a tv show. US fans wanted to be pampered? Well, there ya' go!! :D
You can't beat a small show. I've been to two like it, 100 Club in 2012 and MODE back in March. Both intimate and special shows. I imagine whoever gets to go to this one in Brooklyn will feel like I have since March...blessed. A great opportunity for New Yorkers!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 28 Apr 2015, 16:50

tom_cas1 wrote:
Colleen Zeal wrote:
You can't beat a small show. I've been to two like it, 100 Club in 2012 and MODE back in March. Both intimate and special shows. I imagine whoever gets to go to this one in Brooklyn will feel like I have since March...blessed. A great opportunity for New Yorkers!
You know what i mean! I know @Colleen Zeal would prefer a big tour instead so most people stand a chance to see them but a gig is a gig, and the more intimate the better!!! You and @Aldamasta must do your best to get in!!! I'd surely do it!

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 28 Apr 2015, 16:51

tom_cas1 wrote:
Colleen Zeal wrote: One show at a small club is pampering?
Agreed. Give me an intimate gig any day before an arena concert. In fact, I'd prefer if they came to Spain to play in small venues instead of just doing festivals. So yes, consider yourselves lucky ;)

Leahscarlet2

Re: Blur 'Converse' Show Live In Brooklyn, 1st May

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 28 Apr 2015, 16:52

I'm sure that won't be it.. I'm sure they'll have tv and radio performances as well as possible instores and proper shows. If not now then maybe after the festival dates in Europe
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 28 Apr 2015, 16:54

101reykjavik wrote:
themanwholefthimself wrote:Has anyone noticed it says "Honduras" on the right side of this poster? Would they go South America as well?
Support act I think...
Yes sir, you're right! https://www.facebook.com/HondurasBand

Colleen Zeal

Post by Colleen Zeal » 28 Apr 2015, 16:55

tom_cas1 wrote:
Colleen Zeal wrote:
Yes, great for New Yorkers. I live in Canada and they haven't played here since Think Tank and obviously it's been even longer since they played here with Graham. Damon also skipped Canada on his solo tour. Unfortunately I was just in NYC and can't make it there again if I happened to win. I travelled to the UK for the last two tours with very little new material and I'm hoping to not have to do that. People here would for sure see them again, not because of The Magic Whip but because it's Blur. And FYI Blur were not a stadium band here, they played clubs through Think Tank.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Apr 2015, 17:01

Colleen Zeal wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:You can't beat a small show. I've been to two like it, 100 Club in 2012 and MODE back in March. Both intimate and special shows. I imagine whoever gets to go to this one in Brooklyn will feel like I have since March...blessed. A great opportunity for New Yorkers!
You know what i mean! I know @Colleen Zeal would prefer a big tour instead so most people stand a chance to see them but a gig is a gig, and the more intimate the better!!! You and @Aldamasta must do your best to get in!!! I'd surely do it!
I live in England so I don't won't be making the show in Brooklyn. :lol: Hopefully whoever goes from this forum can record it somehow and upload on SoundCloud like I did the MODE show. Unless of course it'll be streamed online...?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 28 Apr 2015, 17:04

Well I'm about a 6 hour drive from Brooklyn. Thinking about snagging some tickets though I am working the next day at 3. Gonna be a tight squeeze... And a tiring one...

zoozilla

Post by zoozilla » 28 Apr 2015, 17:04

Brooklyn, huh?

So close, yet so far away.

Definitely going to try for the tickets, though.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 28 Apr 2015, 17:06

There's no way I could make it to NYC Friday. I'm drained monetarily, and from where I live it would be over a 12 hour drive. Well... I feel like this is my only chance to see Blur live. Actually I wouldn't call it a chance, because it's all but impossible. Oh well... depressing for me

Colleen Zeal

Post by Colleen Zeal » 28 Apr 2015, 17:08

tom_cas1 wrote:
I live in England so I don't won't be making the show in Brooklyn. :lol:
Yeah, I don't want to hear a thing from the Brits on this...