Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon, 30 Apr 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Apr 2015, 19:33

They head to the US tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see if they have anything else on before Thursday.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

ciregno16
Posts: 41
Joined: 21 Apr 2015, 14:43

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by ciregno16 » 29 Apr 2015, 15:53

When I first heard Ong Ong, I thought it was a Wilco song at first. I'm sure American audiences could dig it.

Sushi
Posts: 131
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 16:06

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Sushi » 29 Apr 2015, 16:42

Still think 'Go Out' is the best bet as it is thunderous live. Ong Ong and I Broadcast are great, but they are closer to general pop/rock music fare. Go Out is its own sleazy beast and it best represents Blur's creativity. If someone were to say, "show me one song that proves why Blur are so great", Go Out would be in the running for sure,

Tweedz, if you're reading - 'Go Out'.

-US Blur fan

Leahscarlet2
Posts: 624
Joined: 09 Mar 2015, 18:17

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 29 Apr 2015, 18:12

So, from the UK, when can we watch this?
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Apr 2015, 18:16

Leahscarlet2 wrote:So, from the UK, when can we watch this?
11:35pm ET so 4:35am UK time. The performance will most likely be uploaded the very next day on YouTube/Tonight Show website.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

downstat
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Apr 2015, 15:41

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by downstat » 29 Apr 2015, 18:27

Looks like there wont be any way I'll be able to get in to the Tonight Show tomorrow. I can't/wont be queueing for a standby ticket at 4am (as the operator told me to do), so is anyone else hanging around 30 Rock hoping to catch a glimpse as they enter/leave?

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1847
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Rubi » 29 Apr 2015, 21:19

No I Broadcast for me. Live it's a blast, but only for a fan crowd, not for a TV appearance. I still think Pyongyang is the safest bet. That chorus is hypnotizing, and it's soooo good live.

Jakob
Posts: 17
Joined: 03 Apr 2015, 01:27

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Jakob » 29 Apr 2015, 21:53

Go Out has been consistenly mind-blowing each time i've heard it live, so i agree with that choice whoever mentioned it, but whatever they'll do it'll be fine...

I think they should do crazy beat :twisted:

Sarah
Posts: 60
Joined: 17 Apr 2015, 01:20

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Sarah » 30 Apr 2015, 01:47

I'll be recording this one for the less fortunate. Glorious HD streaming live and local on my laptop for once. Wondering if there will be an extra song on web only? Damon did that last year as I recall.

User avatar
SeverHense
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Mar 2015, 22:06
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by SeverHense » 30 Apr 2015, 01:54

I think their best bet would be to do Go Out, as it's a nice noisy, but still poppy tune that's fantastic live. I love Lonesome Street, but I don't think it would really fly well with the Tonight Show audience. My Terracotta Heart and Pyongyang are great, but might be too slow and dreary for TV. Ong Ong is a nice catchy number, but I don't see it really having the same effect as it might in a live gig with a singalong.

Ghost Ship would be great too though. It's definitely nice and catchy, but totally sort of off-kilter and funky. Really does waste to the whole notion that Blur are merely the "Woo Hoo" band now doesn't it? :lol:

If only the band could play two songs, I think the one-two punch of these tracks would really show the diversity, accessibility, and versatility of the not only the album, but the band in general, to a public who have most thought of them as a one hit wonder.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 01:56

Sarah wrote:I'll be recording this one for the less fortunate. Glorious HD streaming live and local on my laptop for once. Wondering if there will be an extra song on web only? Damon did that last year as I recall.
You're a star!
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by 101reykjavik » 30 Apr 2015, 06:54

tom_cas1 wrote:
Sarah wrote:I'll be recording this one for the less fortunate. Glorious HD streaming live and local on my laptop for once. Wondering if there will be an extra song on web only? Damon did that last year as I recall.
You're a star!
Absolutely!
Image

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Jensen » 30 Apr 2015, 09:13

SeverHense wrote:I think their best bet would be to do Go Out, as it's a nice noisy, but still poppy tune that's fantastic live. I love Lonesome Street, but I don't think it would really fly well with the Tonight Show audience. My Terracotta Heart and Pyongyang are great, but might be too slow and dreary for TV. Ong Ong is a nice catchy number, but I don't see it really having the same effect as it might in a live gig with a singalong.

Ghost Ship would be great too though. It's definitely nice and catchy, but totally sort of off-kilter and funky. Really does waste to the whole notion that Blur are merely the "Woo Hoo" band now doesn't it? :lol:

If only the band could play two songs, I think the one-two punch of these tracks would really show the diversity, accessibility, and versatility of the not only the album, but the band in general, to a public who have most thought of them as a one hit wonder.
I agree! Go Out and Ghost Ship could be good choices.

Another move could be to play I Broadcast if they want to appeal to the "woo hoo song" audiences and then surprise everyone with something like Pyongyang or Mirrorball. But I think it's unlikely...
Image

Leahscarlet2
Posts: 624
Joined: 09 Mar 2015, 18:17

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 30 Apr 2015, 16:58

Just checked through my TV. I have the cnbc channel and tomorrow they're airing the programme that blur are on. I know it's a day later but just thought I'd point it out if anyone wants to record and re watch on their TV.
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 17:09

CNBC? I think I have that too actually, thanks Leah!
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Post Reply