'Made In Hong Kong' documentary

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Liese

Re: 'Made In Hong Kong' documentary

Post by Liese » 24 Apr 2015, 20:38

saltandgin wrote:It's been years since I've seen Damon goofing about during publicity work, I take that as a very good sign.
8-)
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Apr 2015, 20:48

This is my favourite. :lol:

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 24 Apr 2015, 21:28

Just watched it. What a great and insightful piece of work. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 24 Apr 2015, 21:28

tom_cas1 wrote:This is my favourite. :lol:

oh shit i'm listening to go out and it syncs perfectly

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 24 Apr 2015, 21:34

Fantastic documentary, really genuine and some great insight to the recording process.

So many beautiful songs on this album.

Thanks for sharing Veikko!!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 25 Apr 2015, 00:19

The thing that happens around 22 minutes in just made my day. :D
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

json

Post by json » 25 Apr 2015, 15:22

Watched this last night after work. Loved it. I'm new to Blur in the last year or two so it's exciting for me to get to see an album cycle's promo/gig videos as they happen. Living in the midwest here in the US I definitely knew of Blur as I was (and still am) a massive Oasis fan but hadn't delved into their stuff. Needless to say I have become a full fledged fan at this point and pretty much have listened to nothing but Blur for about the last 6-8 months. Absolutely love the new album and really hoping they do at least a few shows in the US. I'd definitely be willing to travel and take time off work to at least see them once. Anyway, love the forum and thanks to all who keep everybody informed about the goings on in Blurland!

rich

Post by rich » 25 Apr 2015, 15:29

Welcome json! It's a great place here - make yourself at home! You may even see the band soon in the US...

rich

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Apr 2015, 16:52

json wrote:Watched this last night after work. Loved it. I'm new to Blur in the last year or two so it's exciting for me to get to see an album cycle's promo/gig videos as they happen. Living in the midwest here in the US I definitely knew of Blur as I was (and still am) a massive Oasis fan but hadn't delved into their stuff. Needless to say I have become a full fledged fan at this point and pretty much have listened to nothing but Blur for about the last 6-8 months. Absolutely love the new album and really hoping they do at least a few shows in the US. I'd definitely be willing to travel and take time off work to at least see them once. Anyway, love the forum and thanks to all who keep everybody informed about the goings on in Blurland!
Interesting, always love seeing more American fans around! There's actually a really good amount of us here :)

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 25 Apr 2015, 18:56

This is a fantastic documentary!
I have to completely agree with Alex's statement on Go Out
I really wasn't into that track at all until I heard it in context of the full album and now it is totally one of my favorites on the album

His take on the dirty nastiness of it and how it's the opposite of them trying to make a polished lead-off single really helps me understand why they then chose it as the lead off single.

Good shit =)

JordanPowers

Post by JordanPowers » 25 Apr 2015, 20:13

I love Damon's description of Ghost Ship as "'Compass Point' Blue-eyed soul". Even Damon sounded surprised that he made something like that when he was talking about it. I just hopes he make more r&b/soul sounding music like that some more in the future. :D
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section
You should be off the Blur forum

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Apr 2015, 00:16

blurswede wrote:I just found this documentry "made in hong kong" on the website of a swedish newspaper. Thouht it could be a nice first post!

http://www.svd.se/kultur/4511986.svd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: For those who can't see it, here's the direct link to the video:
http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/p ... 9256742001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right click on the link and choose "save as..."
- Veikko
Cheers to both of you!

Mardy

Post by Mardy » 26 Apr 2015, 12:37

guys, what is Dave saying at 7:00? i wanna laugh with him, but i'm not an englishman and he mumbles a lot...
me (in grey) @ Opener festival 2013 - first time to finally see Blur!

Miki

Post by Miki » 26 Apr 2015, 14:00

Mardy wrote:guys, what is Dave saying at 7:00? i wanna laugh with him, but i'm not an englishman and he mumbles a lot...
"It has to take somebody to push things along. It'd surprise me if I would have done it. Let's put it that way, it'd surprise me".
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 26 Apr 2015, 15:38

JordanPowers wrote:I love Damon's description of Ghost Ship as "'Compass Point' Blue-eyed soul". Even Damon sounded surprised that he made something like that when he was talking about it. I just hopes he make more r&b/soul sounding music like that some more in the future. :D
reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyjamLJ-tM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;