'Made In Hong Kong' documentary

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tender

Re: 'Made In Hong Kong' documentary

Post by tender » 24 Apr 2015, 09:59

tom_cas1 wrote:Surprised it hasn't been advertised or something on the Blur Facebook page.
Are you actually surprised it's not the Blur's fb page ??

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 24 Apr 2015, 10:08

tender wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Surprised it hasn't been advertised or something on the Blur Facebook page.
Are you actually surprised it's not the Blur's fb page ??
:lol: :roll:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Apr 2015, 10:11

No not at all. I think Veikko and myself should be paid by their management, we do more promotion for the band on here than their official Facebook page does! :P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

blurswede

Post by blurswede » 24 Apr 2015, 11:13

tom_cas1 wrote:Swede: where did you find this gem? Surprised it hasn't been advertised or something on the Blur Facebook page.
I found it on the website of a Swedish newspaper. The headline says it's exclusive, but I have no idea how they got it

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Apr 2015, 11:47

Seriously, if it wasn't for this place, we just wouldn't know about most of this stuff.

So why does some newspaper in Sweden land an exclusive? Seems strange. Did it leak or something?

Sean

Post by Sean » 24 Apr 2015, 11:51

Graham has - or used to have - Swedish connections. Could be that.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

daii

Post by daii » 24 Apr 2015, 12:26

I laughed, then I almost cried, then I laughed again. Blur needs to stop messing with my mental health
Last edited by daii on 24 Apr 2015, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 24 Apr 2015, 12:27

101reykjavik wrote:Seriously, if it wasn't for this place, we just wouldn't know about most of this stuff.

So why does some newspaper in Sweden land an exclusive? Seems strange. Did it leak or something?

Agreed, that was such a informative documentary on 'The Magic Whip' and would seem perfect for a additional extra on the CD that I can't understand why it's being hidden away on a Swedish website of all things.

Perhaps it'll be released at a later date maybe with a Hyde Park footage or MODE,it'll be very strange if it doesn't get released, I wouldn't be surprised if a deluxe version CD / DVD gets released.

If not or until then,thanks for the putting it up here and I'm going to try and copy it and rip to DVD.

I'm guessing that a lot of the concert footage that appears were the concerts leading up to the cancellation of the festival in Japan that ultimately led to the 5 day jamming sessions.

zoozilla

Post by zoozilla » 24 Apr 2015, 13:54

Wow, this is unexpected. Thanks for sharing, Veikko and Blurswede!

I'll watch it after work.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 24 Apr 2015, 13:59

Yes, really thank you for sharing this!!it was a nice surprise :P

WillRobson186

Post by WillRobson186 » 24 Apr 2015, 15:38

Alex was trying the Damon cigarette trick from Bananaz!!

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 24 Apr 2015, 15:54

blurswede wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Swede: where did you find this gem? Surprised it hasn't been advertised or something on the Blur Facebook page.
I found it on the website of a Swedish newspaper. The headline says it's exclusive, but I have no idea how they got it
I'm suspecting from its release as well, it is a very well elaborated documentary and it was produced by Parlophone, as if it would be included on an official release, but appearing days prior to the release of the album doesn't make any sense, commercially speaking. I wouldn't consider it a leak per se but once it hits the internet it becomes viral. The idea of giving the exclusive to a newspaper prior to the release of the latest album seems a bit odd. It obviously wasn't meant to be released to promote a special edition of the album, otherwise they would have shown only a snippet of the whole thing. At any rate, i'm glad we got a hold of it, thanks to our heroes Blurswede and Veikko. Rest assure that if the documentary comes on a special edition of the album or whatever, i'm definitely buying it as well!! It's worth watching on a proper tv set with bluray quality or even dvd.

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 24 Apr 2015, 15:56

Just got to watch it, very nice, it was interesting to listen to the tracks without lyrics and Damon was hilarious! love that they decided to leave these bits with him messing in the background :lol:

Miki

Post by Miki » 24 Apr 2015, 16:08

Awesome! Thank you so much! :D
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 24 Apr 2015, 16:23

blurswede wrote:Thouht it could be a nice first post!
Best first post ever. Thank you.

15 mins 20, what's Graham doing with that hammer? :D
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷