Blur on Italian TV: Che tempo che fa, 26th April 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: Blur on Italian TV: Che tempo che fa, 26th April

Post by 101reykjavik » 26 Apr 2015, 21:48

daii wrote:here it is > https://mega.co.nz/#!6gYTEASY!VWAKmLTNH ... iu5jEna8lg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kudos to Mr. Albarn for explaining us in such a graphic way how to lick post stamps, I needed that ;)
:lol: Image
Wow - thank you daii!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Apr 2015, 22:30

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 26 Apr 2015, 22:45

very good, much better than that wonky performance on Graham Norton... was the norton show broadcast live? if not, it seems weird that they wouldnt do a retake

zoozilla

Post by zoozilla » 27 Apr 2015, 01:16

Go Out seems to get better and looser everytime they play it. I really like this performance.

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 27 Apr 2015, 02:59

Can someone please tell me what happens at 11'20"?? Someone made a gif of that moment on tumblr and i can't help but smile widely while watching it but I have no idea what's going on! What did Gra say that made Damon hug him?

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 27 Apr 2015, 03:57

what i got out of it was graham said something about britpop being nothing and blur being the only 'britpop' band making another album. i couldn't understand anything though. i don't even know what the interviewer was asking. i'm probably so so wrong. graham said. "could of been nothing in the beginning:
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 27 Apr 2015, 06:50

Hi guys, italian fan here! :-)
But, as I said, unluckily I was out for dinner yesterday and I couldn't catch the show. Some friends of mine kept sending me photo of the show, joking since they know my Blur's addiction.
Now, I'm downloading the link (thank-you!!!!) and later I can translate the interview.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 27 Apr 2015, 07:23

metalhipslop wrote:what i got out of it was graham said something about britpop being nothing and blur being the only 'britpop' band making another album. i couldn't understand anything though. i don't even know what the interviewer was asking. i'm probably so so wrong. graham said. "could of been nothing in the beginning:
Yeah, pretty much. The interviewer asked them what was left from the Britpop experience, and Graham said "There's nothing left. There's us, the Austin Powers films... No-one's making any new music though. It may have been nothing in the beginning".

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 27 Apr 2015, 08:02

Firstly, I’m very sorry because, in my opinion, most of the question were shit. He lost a good occasion to ask something interesting, but..it’s the way the Italian television works.
Anyway, here you are with the translation, starting at at 6:40 (sorry for my English’s errors)
Fabio: Here you are, 16 years after the last time together. How it was to meet again after 16 years for a new album?
Damon: You know, we didn’t really left for 16 years, we had saw again each other. We’d played again together in 2009 in Hyde Park, and from that point, how can I say, we were able to find an opportunity to play together again. And we find ourselves with nothing to do for 5 days in Hong Kong and so we have tried to do something together.
Fabio: An album in five days? In five days I couldn’t not even manage to buy a plane ticket for Hong Kong… so, it’s insane only five days for a record!
Graham: Yes, you know, in effect it was like a jam session, for 5 days without interruption and then, some months later, we have started to resonate, on the basis of the jam session, about what we could have done with this material and how transform this music in a real record.
Fabio: Listen, the whip in “magic whip” means whip whith a double meaning, it can be also the whip you use to spin the ice creams…… here you are (Damon takes the ice cream).. the ice cream, exactly…
But….I would like to know if it’s also an homage to Alex who makes cheese, so maybe he also uses the whip for the cheese of if the ice cream has a different meaning, to retrieve the physical aspect in things..
Damon (laughing, for the idiot question, I think..): I think that the ice cream and cheese wouldn’t ever been mixed together….
Fabio: it’s because earlier we have talked about cheese for an hour
Damon: so, ask Alex
Fabio: the whip it’s for you..for you cheese?
Alex: No, it’s an ice cream.
Fabio: I know that one it’s an ice cream, but you……. (Damon in the same time is ROFLling)
Alex (in Italian): Gelato..no formaggi (ice cream, not cheese)
Fabio: ehm, ok, I stop, we leave the cheese…..(Damon still LOLling embraces him)
Fabio: No, don’t worry, after having met Noel Gallagher I’m ready to anything!! In fact, if you want to say something to me it’s better now, not tomorrow on twitter. You don’t have twitter?
Damon: No, I don’t.
Graham: But I have! And I’m terribly mean..
Fabio: don’t say that to me..just imagine.. So, when they were disclosing the record, they gave as a gift an ice cream, in Los Angeles, I think like a need of something material, because in the virtual era, the ice cream it’s a material thing.
Damon: You know….. You have to remember that we started playing in the pre-internet era, so we need to return a little to our roots.
Fabio: absolutely yes. Also because I read a Damon’s interview some days ago, where you said that we are in the selfie-generation, a generation who looks a lot more to himself than to the external, and so in the end there’s nothing to tell, because we look only in ourselves…
Damon: I don’t think that everyone it’s like this, but I think since the young musicians now can manage to make their music in their bedrooms, when we started we had to stay all together, we didn’t have choice, so the situation was completely different, now there are some elements of the pop culture that are a little too heightened, but in the everything works.
Fabio: What it’s left of the Britpop that you had characterized so much, and that we have seen in the initial video? What it’s left of that experience?
Graham: There it’s really nothing left, or maybe…there are the four of us and few of the others and the Austin Power’s films and we can say that we were making a new kind of music and maybe also this could have seemed nothing in the beginning… (Damon looks strange to Graham and embraces him)
Fabio: now we listen to the next tune from the magic whip..

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 27 Apr 2015, 12:36

Thank you for the transcript!

Btw, I don't find this interview nearly as terrible... I mean, he at least tried to talk to the boys and he did some previous research... Damon was cooperative with this guy, we can't say the same about the awful bit in Graham Norton where Damon looked visibly uncomfortable... not even a loadful of clowns would have amused Damon there :lol:

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 27 Apr 2015, 12:51

Thank you for translating Rosie ;)

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 27 Apr 2015, 14:55

You're welcome!
I found particularly annoying the fact that he was insisting about the correlation between the ice-cream and the cheese, and that he was trying to associate strange and filosfical meanings to the ice-cream thing in LA.
Maybe it's me, I can't stand him as a interviewer, he's so honeyed and compliant, he gets on my nerves. And he can also made some efforts to learn english, he earns a very big quantity of money from our public television.........
And instead of these questions, I've hoped he could ask them for example if they were going to tour also in Italy ;) ;) ;)

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 27 Apr 2015, 15:01

sara-m-a wrote:Thank you for the transcript!

Btw, I don't find this interview nearly as terrible... I mean, he at least tried to talk to the boys and he did some previous research... Damon was cooperative with this guy, we can't say the same about the awful bit in Graham Norton where Damon looked visibly uncomfortable... not even a loadful of clowns would have amused Damon there :lol:
I haven't seen the Graham Norton's interview, now I'm curious, have you a link?

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 27 Apr 2015, 15:05

Rosie wrote:
sara-m-a wrote:Thank you for the transcript!

I haven't seen the Graham Norton's interview, now I'm curious, have you a link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJNk-FNtAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 27 Apr 2015, 15:12

Rubi wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJNk-FNtAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thankyou!