THE DEFINITIVE MAGIC WHIP REVIEW

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Sean

Re: THE DEFINITIVE MAGIC WHIP REVIEW

Post by Sean » 22 Apr 2015, 15:40

Personally I've no problem with anyone who wants to criticise or whatever, but Westway's style and methodology (that scoring system FFS :lol: :lol: :lol: ) just screams troll. I mean, "clumsy guitars" FFS. :lol: Surely he realises no-one is going to take that nonsense seriously. He's probably sitting there pissing himself.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 22 Apr 2015, 15:43

I lost it at the tittle "THE DEFINITIVE MAGIC WHIP REVIEW " :lol:

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 22 Apr 2015, 15:47

tom_cas1 wrote:I can sympathise with Westway, I was called a troll on the old forum for slating Everyday Robots. I still think it's shit. Everyone is allowed an opinion, good or bad.
There's a difference between having a different opinion and plain trolling. For example, elasticaman has been very lukewarm about the album, and has slated many songs. But he does it in a civil manner that allows me to sympathize with his views, even though I completely disagree with them.

Westway, on the other hand, has been acting like a troll from day one. His comments, remarks, his way of voicing his opinion are deliberate to evoke a reaction. He's an attention whore. For crying out loud, look at the title of this thread: DEFINITIVE MAGIC WHIP REVIEW! Yeah, right... :roll:

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 22 Apr 2015, 15:48

And the fact people are so hard at work debating on it means he's already won.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 22 Apr 2015, 15:49

TripleJay97 wrote:And the fact people are so hard at work debating on it means he's already won.
Your loss. I blocked him long ago. This is the first time I'm replying to one his posts/threads.

Westway

Post by Westway » 22 Apr 2015, 15:53

the funny thing is that my review is actually quite positive in many parts and the final score is not even a negative one

peterstillman

Post by peterstillman » 22 Apr 2015, 17:45

Rubi wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I can sympathise with Westway, I was called a troll on the old forum for slating Everyday Robots. I still think it's shit. Everyone is allowed an opinion, good or bad.
There's a difference between having a different opinion and plain trolling. For example, elasticaman has been very lukewarm about the album, and has slated many songs. But he does it in a civil manner that allows me to sympathize with his views, even though I completely disagree with them.

Westway, on the other hand, has been acting like a troll from day one. His comments, remarks, his way of voicing his opinion are deliberate to evoke a reaction. He's an attention whore. For crying out loud, look at the title of this thread: DEFINITIVE MAGIC WHIP REVIEW! Yeah, right... :roll:
Thats funny!!! He knows almost no-one would consider his opinion the definitive last word hence the title. Made me laugh anyway...

dannnn

Post by dannnn » 22 Apr 2015, 21:00

Is Westway the same guy from the .co.uk forum who used to pretend to be Russian and call Hyde Park Hidepark and things like that?

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Apr 2015, 21:11

Dimitri? No.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 22 Apr 2015, 21:13

dannnn wrote:Is Westway the same guy from the .co.uk forum who used to pretend to be Russian and call Hyde Park Hidepark and things like that?
I wish.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 22 Apr 2015, 21:33

Could a mod delete this... :oops:
Last edited by He's So High on 22 Apr 2015, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 22 Apr 2015, 21:36

He's So High wrote:Agree with all you guys about how great it is to be able to share the excitement of the new album, singles, tv performances etc. Already got some nice memories associated with the album. Having a terrible hangover on that Thursday (it was someone'e birthday the day before, I don't normally go for mid-week hangovers!), but seeing the rumours on Twitter that morning certainly gave me a wake up.

Then there was the slightly surreal Friday morning when TATMOU was suddenly released, and it was the same day as the eclipse; suffice to say a slightly hectic morning. Even on the Wednesday of the MODE streaming I had an unexpected delay in the evening so ended up running through the streets to get my train home on time :lol: .

Album hasn't even been released yet!
Wrong thread? ;)

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 22 Apr 2015, 21:39

Oh shit!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 22 Apr 2015, 21:58

No, this is the definitive review, right here:

It's not a bad album, but some parts are better than others. A lot of it drags on. If you love Blur, you'll love this. If not, this isn't going to change that. 6.5/10
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 22 Apr 2015, 23:40

Rubi wrote:

Spot on. Not once have I thought "Good God, elasticaman is an awful dickhead." Not even when he said the Strokes are better than Blur. :P
But virtually everything Westway says is overly negative, clearly to provoke a reaction. He's a bellend.