Favourite TMW Studio Versions?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

What's your 3 favourite songs from the Magic Whip?

Lonesome Street
10%
New World Towers
3%
Go Out
8%
Ice Cream Man
10%
Thought I Was a Spaceman
13%
I Broadcast
5%
My Terracotta Heart
4%
There Are Too Many of Us
4%
Ghost Ship
12%
Pyongyang
19%
Ong Ong
5%
Mirrorball
6%
Y'all Doomed
1%

Total votes: 135

peterstillman

Re: Favourite TMW Studio Versions?

Post by peterstillman » 21 Apr 2015, 14:45

Hello! Fairly new here been lurking for a few weeks!

Mirrorball
Ghost Ship
Mt Terracotta Heart

It's all about Mirrorball for me, this song absolutely slays me, its This Is A Low meets Link Wray. "Before you log off, hold close to me" Man... I got a bit choked up listening to it this morning walking along with it on my headphones.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 21 Apr 2015, 15:32

My love for Pyongyang is unconditional. I feel the melody so much that I like it in every version, hell, I would like it even if it was played by a monkey with a xylophone :lol:

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Apr 2015, 15:50

Jensen wrote:My love for Pyongyang is unconditional. I feel the melody so much that I like it in every version, hell, I would like it even if it was played by a monkey with a xylophone :lol:
Liam cover version?

peterstillman

Post by peterstillman » 21 Apr 2015, 15:52

Jensen wrote:My love for Pyongyang is unconditional. I feel the melody so much that I like it in every version, hell, I would like it even if it was played by a monkey with a xylophone :lol:
I love the sound of the Pyongyang, it really could sit quite snugly on low, the melody has yet to really get me though. I guess because it's quite abstract I've not formed any real emotional connection to it. This will probably change over time.
Everything sounds great on a xylophone!

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 21 Apr 2015, 16:16

peterstillman wrote: I love the sound of the Pyongyang, it really could sit quite snugly on low, the melody has yet to really get me though. I guess because it's quite abstract I've not formed any real emotional connection to it. This will probably change over time.
Everything sounds great on a xylophone!
I've got nothing against xylophones ;)
I hope you end up loving Pyongyang and come to the dark side!

101reykjavik wrote:Liam cover version?
:lol:

Well, stranger things happened...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Apr 2015, 16:29

Looking at the poll there are four clear favourites so far: Ice Cream Man, Spaceman, Ghost Ship and Pyongyang. Surprised by the lack of love for I Broadcast though, at least right now. I love it.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JackS

Post by JackS » 21 Apr 2015, 16:32

tom_cas1 wrote:Looking at the poll there are four clear favourites so far: Ice Cream Man, Spaceman, Ghost Ship and Pyongyang. Surprised by the lack of love for I Broadcast though, at least right now. I love it.
It's too hard. I want to swap my TATMOU vote for MTH, but don't want to leave the former with so few votes now! They are all good, let's face it.

bushmonkey

Post by bushmonkey » 21 Apr 2015, 16:32

I love I Broadcast. My fave from the album. Reminds me of MOR, if MOR was recorded during Parklife era. Instant classic!
On the slow boat to Lantau through misty seas...

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 21 Apr 2015, 16:37

The lack of votes for I Broadcast surprises me too, but I already voted for it, so COME ON I Broadcast fans, don't be shy and give a little love to the song! ;)

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 21 Apr 2015, 16:37

I love I Broadcast and wish there was a couple of others where Blur really rocked out, plenty of slower ones and yes they are great songs but im not going to be listening to My Terracotta Heart and New World Towers much in the car...

My fave album "Blur" had Song 2, MOR, Movin On...ah well guess they mellowing out...

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 21 Apr 2015, 16:38

...plus it's quite obvious the songs that the songs we got to listen to first are getting less votes as these others are fresher and new now...not the songs fault.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Apr 2015, 16:39

Sledge Hammer wrote:I love I Broadcast and wish there was a couple of others where Blur really rocked out, plenty of slower ones and yes they are great songs but im not going to be listening to My Terracotta Heart and New World Towers much in the car...
Agreed. I had I Broadcast and Ong Ong on in the car on Saturday and it was great, sun shining, windows down, great stuff!! Two gems.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 21 Apr 2015, 16:48

Ghost Ship IS also another perfect song for sunny driving 8-)

But i find the entire album VERY car friendly, I think I already commented that after hearing the MODE recording for the first time.

devoiced

Post by devoiced » 21 Apr 2015, 17:28

poor "New World Towers" :|
A really good song that, on most albums for most bands, would have been a star...but in this company of great tracks...sorry :D
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 21 Apr 2015, 17:29

You know what guys, on my third listen, and the track making a surprise leap up my rankings is Ong Ong! Not what I expected.