Blur live on Later With Jools Holland on 14 & 17 April 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

He's So High

Re: Blur live on Later With Jools Holland on April 14th

Post by He's So High » 03 Apr 2015, 18:58

Yes, if they were to do an old song, I doubt it'd be one of their most popular songs like Girls & Boys. Probably Trouble in the Message Centre, or something as well known as that.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 03 Apr 2015, 18:59

tom_cas1 wrote:I hope someone can record this. BOTH shows. Remember that the band will most likely play two songs in the live Tuesday show but then play them again for the recorded Friday show. So multiple performances of two songs with the addition of one or two more on Friday.
What, they play them twice? I thought for the Friday show they just show the Tuesday recordings.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 03 Apr 2015, 19:03

I'm sure they'll be a band interview on Friday too.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 03 Apr 2015, 19:33

Excellent news. It's about time they announced it!

I wonder if they would do any TV appearances in the US. I know Conan O'Brien had them as musical guests on "Late Night" as far back as the MLIR day so they could end up on his new show. I could see Letterman inviting them back as well since he's had them on a couple times before.

Also, James Corden has taken over as host for the Late Late Show and he's a big Blur fan.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 03 Apr 2015, 19:55

SeverHense wrote:Also, James Corden has taken over as host for the Late Late Show and he's a big Blur fan.
His reaction to the Blur thing at the Brit awards annoyed me though.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 03 Apr 2015, 20:00

tom_cas1 wrote:I hope someone can record this. BOTH shows. Remember that the band will most likely play two songs in the live Tuesday show but then play them again for the recorded Friday show. So multiple performances of two songs with the addition of one or two more on Friday.

I think Spaceman would go down very very well. A stand out track for sure. I don't see them playing any old songs as Jools is a show mostly for new material, but if they fancy playing Black Book, Ambulance or Blues Jeans...I won't complain. ;)
later with jools gets recorded and put online no matter who's on it

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 03 Apr 2015, 20:13

My Name Is Mud wrote: His reaction to the Blur thing at the Brit awards annoyed me though.
True, though the whole Adele getting interrupted thing was way overblown imo.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 03 Apr 2015, 20:16

SeverHense wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote: His reaction to the Blur thing at the Brit awards annoyed me though.
True, though the whole Adele getting interrupted thing was way overblown imo.
It was a load of cock. It just really annoyed me that everyone was blaming Blur for it.

Edit: Also, why is it that sporting events can go in for as long as they like, but a live music event has to be cut short because of whatever piece of shit programme was following it?

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 03 Apr 2015, 20:53

id hope for

Pyongyang
I Broadcast
& Ghost Ship

i actually expect none of them

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 03 Apr 2015, 21:00

They'll probably play Go Out and Lonesome Street.
If they do a third one it could be anything, Pyongyang would definitely be nice.

ricj

Re: Blur to appear on Later With Jools Holland on April 14th

Post by ricj » 03 Apr 2015, 21:13

themanwholefthimself wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:You guys reckon Ghost Ship and Ice Cream Man are too much to hope for? :P
That would be the most prudent thing to do, considering the technical difficulties they had at Mode. The world is still waiting to hear those songs properly.
I really hope they don't play either of these two..! I still have NO clue what they sound like and after caving in and watching the gig this is all that remains of my wish to hear something for the first time when the album is released.

bugman

Post by bugman » 03 Apr 2015, 21:27

nearly always they played no single track from an album (he thought of cars, bugman, ambulance,black book) so im pretty sure this time also be gonna something more (one fast song, 2 sad song)

Miki

Post by Miki » 03 Apr 2015, 22:08

My Name Is Mud wrote:
SeverHense wrote:Also, James Corden has taken over as host for the Late Late Show and he's a big Blur fan.
He's apparently a real life big Take That fan - from when he was a teenager - but he would gush over anybody in his sickly way. He seems popular in America and for the life of me, I don't know why - maybe his humour and his style suit the Americans better than the Brits. Personally, I can't stand him. I've just watched last night episode with Beck and he's so cringe-worthy *shudders*
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 03 Apr 2015, 22:30

Miki wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:
He's apparently a real life big Take That fan - from when he was a teenager - but he would gush over anybody in his sickly way. He seems popular in America and for the life of me, I don't know why - maybe his humour and his style suit the Americans better than the Brits. Personally, I can't stand him. I've just watched last night episode with Beck and he's so cringe-worthy *shudders*
He annoys me, the ONLY way I'll be watching his show is if Blur go on there. I'd rather them be on Letterman, Conan, and/or Fallon (might be possible, since Damon performed there last summer.)

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 03 Apr 2015, 22:35

God I'm so glad to hear this, can't wait for Jools and then Le Grand Journal and La Musicale! :D

Without a doubt they'll play Lonesome Street, I think. Wouldn't be surprised if they played Go Out as well, though I don't want them to. I think there's a good chance Blur will get to play 4 songs, since they're such a well known band and are long time friends with Jools and the show. So I hope for:
1. Lonesome Street
2. Pyongyang
3. Ong Ong
4. (if they get a 4th) Either Ghost Ship or I Broadcast