Favorite tracks: The Great Escape

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

What are your five favorite tracks from The Great Escape?

Stereotypes
8%
Country House
7%
Best Days
13%
Charmless Man
7%
Fade Away
3%
Top Man
1%
The Universal
17%
Mr. Robinson's Quango
3%
He Thought of Cars
15%
It Could Be You
6%
Ernold Same
1%
Globe Alone
3%
Dan Abnormal
1%
Entertain Me
5%
Yuko & Hiro
9%

Total votes: 353

Mr. OK

Re: Favorite tracks: The Great Escape

Post by Mr. OK » 04 Oct 2015, 11:53

Charmless Fan wrote:Several of the album tracks would probably have been better as B-sides (e.g. Ernold Same, Top Man) while some of the B-sides would have made stronger album cuts (I love One Born Every Minute.)
I agree. Personally, I think No Monsters in Me should have been on the album (which it was in Japan) and It Could Be You should have been a single (again, it was in Japan). And as unpopular as this view will sound, I can't stand Yuko and Hiro...

Charmless Fan

Re: Favorite tracks: The Great Escape

Post by Charmless Fan » 04 Oct 2015, 19:49

Mr. OK wrote: I agree. Personally, I think No Monsters in Me should have been on the album (which it was in Japan) and It Could Be You should have been a single (again, it was in Japan). And as unpopular as this view will sound, I can't stand Yuko and Hiro...
I've been listening to The Magic Whip (fabulous album) for a few weeks now before I listened to all of The Great Escape, so what I find intriguing about Yuko and Hiro is that it anticipates MW's Asian feel. (Yes, I know that Japan and China are distinct nations and people, but I still got a MW "vibe" from Y&H.)