Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by He's So High » 29 Mar 2015, 21:15

I don't really mind Gene by Gene that much. Some nice Clash influences on that song.

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by My Name Is Mud » 29 Mar 2015, 21:20

Forever Low Man wrote:
Westway wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Westway said he liked "Crazy Beat", didn't he?


He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's fucking stupid.
its trash but i find it enjoyable
you could do worse on think tank








the last minute of "bowl's club", for example
I totally disagree. One of the best songs off Think Tank imo.
Image

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by JAIME » 29 Mar 2015, 21:22

Daysleeper wrote:Crazy Beat, Gene by Gene and MPRBC replaced by Me White Noise, Some Glad Morning and THe Outsiders would have produced a much more cohesive piece of work.

I detest Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, probably my two least favourite Blur songs.
What's the problem with GbG? I fuckin' love that one! :P
Image

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by My Name Is Mud » 29 Mar 2015, 21:31

JAIME wrote:
Daysleeper wrote:Crazy Beat, Gene by Gene and MPRBC replaced by Me White Noise, Some Glad Morning and THe Outsiders would have produced a much more cohesive piece of work.

I detest Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, probably my two least favourite Blur songs.
What's the problem with GbG? I fuckin' love that one! :P
Same here. Great song. In fact, you'd miss Graham very dearly, but even still, there's not one bad song on Think Tank I feel.
Image

Daysleeper
Posts: 213
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 15:45

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by Daysleeper » 29 Mar 2015, 21:40

JAIME wrote:
Daysleeper wrote:Crazy Beat, Gene by Gene and MPRBC replaced by Me White Noise, Some Glad Morning and THe Outsiders would have produced a much more cohesive piece of work.

I detest Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, probably my two least favourite Blur songs.
What's the problem with GbG? I fuckin' love that one! :P
I just think it sounds very cheap musically and lyrically. I especially hate the lyric 'you're my jellybean'. I remember Damon almost smiling in an embarrassed way when singing that line on a TV show back in 2003.

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1910
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by Rubi » 29 Mar 2015, 22:34

The problem with Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, from my point of view, is that not only they're very tacky, but they also don't fit well enough with the rest of the songs. I really hate the production on Gene by Gene. What's with the frigging swing sounds?

User avatar
Sledge Hammer
Posts: 780
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by Sledge Hammer » 29 Mar 2015, 22:38

Rubi wrote:The problem with Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, from my point of view, is that not only they're very tacky, but they also don't fit well enough with the rest of the songs. I really hate the production on Gene by Gene. What's with the frigging swing sounds?
Yup hate that would be "cool" production, the swing sound is awful, in fact I would take Crazy Beat over Gene By Gene any day...
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by 101reykjavik » 29 Mar 2015, 22:40

Sledge Hammer wrote:
Rubi wrote:The problem with Crazy Beat and Gene by Gene, from my point of view, is that not only they're very tacky, but they also don't fit well enough with the rest of the songs. I really hate the production on Gene by Gene. What's with the frigging swing sounds?
Yup hate that would be "cool" production, the swing sound is awful, in fact I would take Crazy Beat over Gene By Gene any day...
Me too. I don't quite agree with most of the hate for Crazy Beat. I'm certainly not suggesting it's a favourite or anything, but it's fun enough, whereas I would actively skip Gene by Gene.
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5587
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by AdvertBreak » 29 Mar 2015, 22:45

Noo I like the production on Gene by Gene, even if it reek of Fatboy's surf-soul. I prefer Put it Back Together though (not as Blur though!)

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1454
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by aldamasta » 29 Mar 2015, 22:48

AdvertBreak wrote:Noo I like the production on Gene by Gene, even if it reek of Fatboy's surf-soul. I prefer Put it Back Together though (not as Blur though!)
I enjoy Gene by Gene and Put It Back Together. Though I'm not HUGE fans. I enjoy the chorus of Gene by Gene but the production is definitely the worst part.

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by munch » 30 Mar 2015, 04:30

My Name Is Mud wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Westway said he liked "Crazy Beat", didn't he?


He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's fucking stupid.
Hey hey, I like Crazy Beat! :oops:
Same. I'll defend it sure.

you guys are also too hardon gene by gene
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1587
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 30 Mar 2015, 04:45

Crazy Beat is hands down shit! Lyrics are stupid, Donald Duck voice is stupid, and it sounds as if it has no soul in it.

I'm with Tom and think "Some Glad Morning" would have been better on the album

User avatar
blurvert
Posts: 194
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 14:37
Location: Pretty England
Contact:

Re: Me White Noise vs. Crazy Beat on Think Tank

Post by blurvert » 30 Mar 2015, 09:56

I must be a minority who find Some Glad Morning...annoying. It's at the bottom end of my TT era songs, Don't Be & Morricone I think are album material
Image

User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
Posts: 732
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 19:44
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by Veikko » 30 Mar 2015, 10:01

munch wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Westway said he liked "Crazy Beat", didn't he?


He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's fucking stupid.
Hey hey, I like Crazy Beat! :oops:
Same. I'll defend it sure.
Same here! It's a good song in its own generic way (the mission obviously was to produce an 'upbeat hit' song for the album and nothing deeper).

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1910
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by Rubi » 30 Mar 2015, 10:34

Veikko wrote:Same here! It's a good song in its own generic way (the mission obviously was to produce an 'upbeat hit' song for the album and nothing deeper).
True that, but the production could have been better. No duck voice and no annoying "Yeah yeah yeah's"...

Post Reply