Lonesome Street

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Apr 2015, 14:18

The Lonesome Street promo CD that was on ebay a few weeks ago showed a radio edit and instrumental. If anyone has these, please upload!! :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Apr 2015, 20:09

I'm going to remove this topic from the announcements now since the single came out a while ago and the topic has died down significantly.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 15 Apr 2015, 20:40

tom_cas1 wrote:The Lonesome Street promo CD that was on ebay a few weeks ago showed a radio edit and instrumental. If anyone has these, please upload!! :D
I've been trying for awhile to get my hands on the promo, but I've been waiting until the bidding dies down (the first ones posting were going for WAY too much.) Unless someone else gets it before I do, I'll definitely share here whenever I can :)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2016, 07:50

Already the 1st Anniversary of the song's official release of the studio version and it's my fave "TMW" track.....I was immediately hooked upon my first listen without ever turning back! Still to me the best song released in 2015.......

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » 22 Mar 2016, 16:23

Agreed!! TMW has many great songs, but this is a stand out track, I remember feeling very happy when I heard some audio from the Mode gig for the first time :D

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2016, 19:02

northernmonkey wrote:Agreed!! TMW has many great songs, but this is a stand out track, I remember feeling very happy when I heard some audio from the Mode gig for the first time :D

Yeah... I loved their Mode performance.... but just specifically regarding the studio version, it just jumped out at me right away... It took me a few listens to really appreciate "Go Out"....still am mixed on "There Are Too Many of Us" and "Ong Ong" was so catchy. Dating back further... "Fool's Day" to me was outstanding upon first listen, "Under the Westway" was and still remains brilliant (haven't listened though in quite some time), and I never got into "Puritan"......

"Lonesome Street" is just BEYOND mere words!

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 22 Mar 2016, 19:58

When the "single" Lonesome Street was released, it inmediately became my favourite new track....until I heard Pyongyang 8-)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2016, 21:06

JAIME wrote:When the "single" Lonesome Street was released, it inmediately became my favourite new track....until I heard Pyongyang 8-)

Oh yeah...also "Lonesome Street" is probably the best song to sing along w/a bunch of friends late into the night....fond memories!

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » 22 Mar 2016, 21:07

Apart from Lonesome Street, Thought I Was A Spaceman has been a favourite the last year. For me it is so experimental Blur but just seems to work, love how the song builds and then Graham sings his bit followed by that amazing guitar outro. Not saying it sounds like something off 13 but kind of reminds me of that experimental era where anything was possible from Blur.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2016, 21:15

northernmonkey wrote:Apart from Lonesome Street, Thought I Was A Spaceman has been a favourite the last year. For me it is so experimental Blur but just seems to work, love how the song builds and then Graham sings his bit followed by that amazing guitar outro. Not saying it sounds like something off 13 but kind of reminds me of that experimental era where anything was possible from Blur.

Yeah.... I loved "Thought I Was A Spaceman", "I Broadcast" and "Ghost Ship" also without hesitation. I preferred the Mode version of "Pyongyang" and the other songs took some listening (but not too much)....

I agree..it reminds me of "13" and the direction they were headed just before Graham left.....It fits in with "So You", "Black Book", perhaps even "Some Glad Morning" and lesser degree "MIMR"...... I actually am fully intrigued by that period....even "Kissin' Time" suits that...but this is all getting WAY off topic......

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Mar 2016, 22:18

I think Thought I Was a Spaceman is vying for best thing on the entire album, with Pyongyang. Lonesome Street will always have aplace in my heart though. When we first heard that on the leak, it was just such a welcome return of that BLUR sound - I felt elated.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2016, 22:47

101reykjavik wrote:I think Thought I Was a Spaceman is vying for best thing on the entire album, with Pyongyang. Lonesome Street will always have aplace in my heart though. When we first heard that on the leak, it was just such a welcome return of that BLUR sound - I felt elated.

That's how I felt...that "Lonesome Street" was more of complete Blur sounding effort ("Go Out" captured it to a lesser extent)..... Yes.. I guess a better way of phrasing it... "vintage signature Blur sound" more than anything else..... And with the Beatles and Pink Floyd influences as well!

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 23 Mar 2016, 00:47

JAIME wrote:When the "single" Lonesome Street was released, it inmediately became my favourite new track....until I heard Pyongyang 8-)
THIS (also There Are Too Many of Us & Ice Cream Man)

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 29 Mar 2016, 15:32

Someone made a mock single cover of this, can I get it sent to me? I'm trying to search the forums but it's difficult.