Lonesome Street

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Miki » 23 Mar 2015, 22:38

And here's another one I can't stop playing! I predict I'm going to be addicted to this album! :lol:

The bit Graham sings between 2:25-2:40 is kind of Beatles-esque.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
ricj
Posts: 116
Joined: 13 Mar 2015, 17:53

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by ricj » 23 Mar 2015, 22:53

I wonder if it will be a 'proper' video featuring the band??
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Mar 2015, 22:55

That's what I would love to see. I'm sceptical, but they might surprise us with a 'proper' video.
Image

User avatar
ricj
Posts: 116
Joined: 13 Mar 2015, 17:53

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by ricj » 23 Mar 2015, 22:59

Ok I NEED to stop listening to this song now.. Going to ban myself until I get my hands on the mp3 download of the show on Weds.
Image

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1454
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by aldamasta » 23 Mar 2015, 23:07

This will probably end up being my most played of the 3 released songs... and like others, I would LOVE a proper video! I could imagine it being a very fun video to make because of how fun the song is :)

User avatar
Westway
Posts: 88
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 00:04

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Westway » 23 Mar 2015, 23:11

heard it for the first time just now, i like the energy

its a good song, it seems like a good album opener

but its still not single quality
Image

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Jensen » 23 Mar 2015, 23:36

I really want for them to release a remarkable video, not only because I grew up in the 90s and still appreciate those, but because it would be a good thing if it becomes somehow viral in the internet and spreads the distinct Blur sound! ;)
Image

Fena
Posts: 113
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 23:04

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Fena » 24 Mar 2015, 01:02

Jensen wrote:I really want for them to release a remarkable video, not only because I grew up in the 90s and still appreciate those, but because it would be a good thing if it becomes somehow viral in the internet and spreads the distinct Blur sound! ;)
i imagine a guy walk in the street, late or nght with blur guys make random's thing with this guy pass and the ice cream van xD
Image
My name is Fernanda, and finally know Graham

Daysleeper
Posts: 213
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 15:45

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Daysleeper » 24 Mar 2015, 07:21

Westway wrote:heard it for the first time just now, i like the energy

its a good song, it seems like a good album opener

but its still not single quality
Wow, almost a fully positive post from Westway!

Although when you say single quality, what do you mean?

Being a single is never the benchmark of a good song.

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Mar 2015, 07:23

This is true. You should never fully judge a band/artist on their singles alone.
Image

User avatar
Rosie
Posts: 187
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 11:23
Location: Italy

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by Rosie » 24 Mar 2015, 08:01

Mr Briggs wrote: Two years! You're a blur virgin lol, then again I first saw them months before She's so High was released, YES that long ago 25 years :o
Yes, really a Blur virgin!! :D And I was around in the nineties, i'm not young. But, at that time, in Italy we were reached in a massive form by Oasis, a lot less from Blur, so I was listening to the wrong band at that time ;)
And, after having some years with very little music around me because I was growing up my children, then I restarted listen to music searching for new things (for me) and I discovered my favourite band ever.
In these two years I became a massive fan, last year saw Damon live but this year I'll finally see Blur live, i'm just waiting for the announcements!

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by munch » 24 Mar 2015, 08:42

Rosie wrote:
Mr Briggs wrote: Two years! You're a blur virgin lol, then again I first saw them months before She's so High was released, YES that long ago 25 years :o
Yes, really a Blur virgin!! :D And I was around in the nineties, i'm not young. But, at that time, in Italy we were reached in a massive form by Oasis, a lot less from Blur, so I was listening to the wrong band at that time ;)
And, after having some years with very little music around me because I was growing up my children, then I restarted listen to music searching for new things (for me) and I discovered my favourite band ever.
In these two years I became a massive fan, last year saw Damon live but this year I'll finally see Blur live, i'm just waiting for the announcements!
Welcome to the world of Blurryness! You've made a great discovery :mrgreen:
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by munch » 24 Mar 2015, 08:43

Fena wrote:
Jensen wrote:I really want for them to release a remarkable video, not only because I grew up in the 90s and still appreciate those, but because it would be a good thing if it becomes somehow viral in the internet and spreads the distinct Blur sound! ;)
i imagine a guy walk in the street, late or nght with blur guys make random's thing with this guy pass and the ice cream van xD
oo yes it has to have the icecream van in it!
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Mar 2015, 09:32

I'm resolving to restrict myself on the three studio recordings until the album release now. I've played them all a little too much!
Image

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7040
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Lonesome Street

Post by TripleJay97 » 24 Mar 2015, 10:56

My Name Is Mud wrote:I'm resolving to restrict myself on the three studio recordings until the album release now. I've played them all a little too much!
Well we'll see, won't we? I'm keeping a close eye on your signature ;)
Image

Post Reply