There Are Too Many Of Us

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1464
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by aldamasta » 23 Mar 2015, 22:09

Westway wrote:gave it a few more listens and i changed my mind

its a decent album track but still not good enough to be single and is still pretty poor compared to the older Blur

7.5/10

its better than going out to the loooooocawwwllllll
Lonesome Street is the best single so far (technically I guess it's Blur's only single from this album so far since they're calling it the first official single, right?)

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 2003
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by Rubi » 23 Mar 2015, 23:18

Yes, I wouldn't label Go Out and TATMoU as singles. More like album "tasters" or "teasers".

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by davidsutter » 24 Mar 2015, 12:50

Really hoping Lonesome Street is more legit than these.
Like, a good music video and a vinyl single release.

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by Forever Low Man » 24 Mar 2015, 13:34

Westway wrote:gave it a few more listens and i changed my mind

its a decent album track but still not good enough to be single and is still pretty poor compared to the older Blur

7.5/10

its better than going out to the loooooocawwwllllll
7.5/10
7.5/10
7.5/10
7.5/10
7.5/10
WESTWAY ACTUALLY LIKES A NEW BLUR SONG!

Image
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by davidsutter » 24 Mar 2015, 14:10

i'm feeling a strong 11 on this one
tran-SISITION
do you think it was the best song ever or are you westway
leave a comment and tell me what you think
anthony fantano blurillaz forever

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7047
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by TripleJay97 » 24 Mar 2015, 14:13

davidsutter wrote:i'm feeling a strong 11 on this one
tran-SISITION
do you think it was the best song ever or are you westway
leave a comment and tell me what you think
anthony fantano blurillaz forever
:lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by Forever Low Man » 24 Mar 2015, 22:04

davidsutter wrote:i'm feeling a strong 11 on this one
tran-SISITION
do you think it was the best song ever or are you westway
leave a comment and tell me what you think
anthony fantano blurillaz forever
Hey Cal, what do you think of Magic Whip?

I don't know, I've never tried it, but I bet it tastes good. *ding*

I hate Cal Chuchesta.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by davidsutter » 25 Mar 2015, 06:44

Damony Albano here, America's busiest music nerd.

(Of course for this part he'd do a YouTube Poop effect where Damon's head with Captain Lou Albano's hair is superimposed onto his head.)

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by munch » 25 Mar 2015, 07:32

davidsutter wrote:Damony Albano here, America's busiest music nerd.

(Of course for this part he'd do a YouTube Poop effect where Damon's head with Captain Lou Albano's hair is superimposed onto his head.)
yay i know reference
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

ArnoldSame
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 16:12

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by ArnoldSame » 25 Mar 2015, 17:21

Yeah, definitely turn up Alex.

I'm a bit weirded out by the title though. Especially after reading this:
http://www.bitemywire.com/news/2015/3/2 ... cs-society" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arnold x

User avatar
rich
Posts: 1001
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by rich » 26 Mar 2015, 16:19

ArnoldSame wrote:Yeah, definitely turn up Alex.

I'm a bit weirded out by the title though. Especially after reading this:
http://www.bitemywire.com/news/2015/3/2 ... cs-society" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arnold x
always thought this was a risk but I think the above is a pisstake - let's hope so....
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by 101reykjavik » 26 Mar 2015, 16:49

rich wrote:
ArnoldSame wrote:Yeah, definitely turn up Alex.

I'm a bit weirded out by the title though. Especially after reading this:
http://www.bitemywire.com/news/2015/3/2 ... cs-society" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arnold x
always thought this was a risk but I think the above is a pisstake - let's hope so....
I think it's safe to say that entire website is a pisstake, based on the other stories:
Josh Homme has a butchers at a new vocation /March 23, 2015
Queens of the Stone Age are taking a sabbatical, and mainman Josh Homme is laying low working in a butchers in Borough Market, where nobody is any the wiser.
Image

User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 18:22
Location: Pepperland
Contact:

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by MrMagpie » 26 Mar 2015, 16:49

Funny thing about people into eugenics...they always seem to balk when you call their bluff and tell them to go first and show us how it should be done. Weird, huh?
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by Pasta » 26 Mar 2015, 18:22

ArnoldSame wrote:Yeah, definitely turn up Alex.

I'm a bit weirded out by the title though. Especially after reading this:
http://www.bitemywire.com/news/2015/3/2 ... cs-society" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arnold x
almost died laughing after reading this: http://www.bitemywire.com/news/2015/3/2 ... ve-surname" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blureu
Posts: 34
Joined: 26 Nov 2011, 17:19

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by Blureu » 27 Mar 2015, 15:33

Video from the Mode show:

http://www.stereogum.com/1790235/watch- ... ere/video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply