Secret London gig, 20 March 2015 (stream on March 25)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

davidsutter

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by davidsutter » 25 Mar 2016, 22:43

The ideal version of UTW would have Dave doing all the drums and the middle bit intact but without the weird jaunty sound of Orbit's version.

Actually I might like Fool's Day better.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 26 Mar 2016, 00:48

101reykjavik wrote:The debate doesn't need to be rehashed of course, but just to clarify, Orbit's mix is bizarre and some parts ghastly. My regret is the unused song sections, not the ditching of the mix itself. When I do listen to it, which I do, it's to appreciate those parts of the 'song', not the mix, which I look past.

Oh absolutely...I don't want to rehash that debate either, which is why I ended my last post w/we're entitled to our own respective opinion.....No one is right or wrong whatsoever..it's obviously just based on one's taste........

I want to return this back to the original subject as possible. I guess everyone prefers to see Blur in a more intimate setting opposed to at a festival? I would believe so because the more diehard fans would apt to be at the smaller gig and that's when Blur can have more freedom w/their set-list by doing the more obscure songs. The festivals again w/the more casual fans don't rather care...In my case, I was back and forth since this past Hyde Park is the first time I ever saw Blur, so I was essentially content with their "Greatest Hits", but yet did want some obscure as well...really mixed......

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 26 Mar 2016, 09:21

I think you're right Louie. My dream Blur gig would be as intimate a setting as possible and probably a pretty eclectic set list. We've all pretty much seen the hits. Always happy to see them again of course! :D But how amazing would it be to hear, say, Clover Over Dover in a room with 100 hard core fans? What we needed was a forum gig. :D :lol:

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 28 Mar 2016, 18:18

Not MODE gig related :D :
davidsutter wrote:westway > fool's day >>>>>>>>>> puritan
UTW(live)>>>>>>>>>>UTW>>>>>>fool's day>>puritan

tom_cas1

Re: Secret London gig, 20 March 2015 (stream on March 25)

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Mar 2018, 12:20

3 years ago today!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 21 Mar 2018, 01:27

tom_cas1 wrote:3 years ago today!
I honestly wish I attended this show... Hyde Park was excellent that year, but I certainly wish they performed more tracks off of "TMW"...IE "Ice Cream Man" since it sounded brilliant when they performed it during this particular gig!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Mar 2018, 15:04

For me, Ice Cream Man was a stand out performance from a show full of countless highlights. Why they never played it live after that is beyond me.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...