Secret London gig, 20 March 2015 (stream on March 25)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Legless Owl

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by Legless Owl » 04 May 2015, 23:08

Thanks! :) I won't be able to listen to it right now as it's 1am here and I'm in holidays at my dad's, forgot my headphones at home, so as it's a very little house, i'd Wake up both him and my son. Not good. Haha. But i'll download it and listen to it later. Thanks :D

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 04 May 2015, 23:15

tom_cas1 wrote:Not sure if anyone is interested but I have ripped a high quality recording of the video stream and taken the audio from it. A lot of the previous recordings were quite quiet but this is much louder and clearer, at least to my ears. If anyone wants it then let me know and I'll upload it here!
That would be nice, cheers. :)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 May 2015, 23:37

Here we go guys. Really happy with what I managed to do, feels like I'm there again!!! :mrgreen:

MODE UPDATED AUDIO:

The Magic Whip: Live at MODE, London, 20/3/15 - https://mega.co.nz/#F!UtYVhKgK!6R7VnLNzX0VGTSV0uSdtqQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 05 May 2015, 08:28

Great job! :)

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 05 May 2015, 08:52

Nice one, Tom!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 05 May 2015, 11:44

Great stuff. Can't wait to download and listen to this again.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Jul 2015, 22:45

Listening to the MODE show, ahhh, outstanding. Wonderful memories looking down onto the stage from the balcony, meeting Rich after the show for a chat and a beer. I would give absolutely anything for the full show to be released in full quality with the inclusion of Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship. TWEEDZ, PLEASE. I BEG YOU.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 29 Jul 2015, 08:13

Guys, can anyone upload again the Mode video, please?? all links seems to be down.... :cry:

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 30 Jul 2015, 16:44

i'll send you a private link, since it kweeps being taken donw. anyone else need the video?

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 30 Jul 2015, 16:50

^ That would be great!
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jul 2015, 18:22

elasticaman wrote:i'll send you a private link, since it kweeps being taken donw. anyone else need the video?
Yes please! I had the video myself but I've now lost it, can't find it anywhere on my computer.

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 30 Jul 2015, 18:59

elasticaman wrote:i'll send you a private link, since it kweeps being taken donw. anyone else need the video?
Man i cant thank u enough, THANKS!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Nov 2015, 16:41

Listening back to the MODE show once again. Fantastic memories, what a year it's been! Still stunned as to why Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship were never broadcast on the live stream a few days after the show. I know they said there were technical difficulties but I find that a little hard to believe to be honest.

I'm really hoping a professional recording is released at some point. I have my recording of the show and audio from the live stream but something properly mixed would be the best ever live release by Blur, hands down! Bonus disc in a deluxe edition please guys!

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 18 Nov 2015, 22:38

tom_cas1 wrote:Listening back to the MODE show once again. Fantastic memories, what a year it's been! Still stunned as to why Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship were never broadcast on the live stream a few days after the show. I know they said there were technical difficulties but I find that a little hard to believe to be honest.

I'm really hoping a professional recording is released at some point. I have my recording of the show and audio from the live stream but something properly mixed would be the best ever live release by Blur, hands down! Bonus disc in a deluxe edition please guys!
AMEN!

You know how much I love Ice Cream Man! I'm so glad you managed to record the whole gig. The live version of ICM is so amazing! I'm also glad I recorded an extract of the song on video. Sure it's only 50 seconds but i'm glad i did nonetheless. I really hope a dvd will be released at one point, would love to see the whole song live again! I still don't understand why they've never played it again since... :(

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 19 Nov 2015, 07:55

Legless Owl wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Listening back to the MODE show once again. Fantastic memories, what a year it's been! Still stunned as to why Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship were never broadcast on the live stream a few days after the show. I know they said there were technical difficulties but I find that a little hard to believe to be honest.

AMEN!

You know how much I love Ice Cream Man! I'm so glad you managed to record the whole gig. The live version of ICM is so amazing! I'm also glad I recorded an extract of the song on video. Sure it's only 50 seconds but i'm glad i did nonetheless. I really hope a dvd will be released at one point, would love to see the whole song live again! I still don't understand why they've never played it again since... :(
It is such a shame, but it does make your experience seeing it live all the more special, and unique. To think, maybe 200-odd people have ever seen ICM live.