Secret London gig, 20 March 2015 (stream on March 25)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rubi

Re: Secret London gig, March 20 (stream on March 25)

Post by Rubi » 25 Mar 2015, 21:22

I'm going to hold out now and wait for the album. The question is, do I have the will to do that? :D

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Mar 2015, 21:22

metalhipslop wrote:
daii wrote:Pyongyang is perfect. I haven't seen damon sing like that in a very long time.
Yeah, it's so good. The CHORUS is amazing ;)
One of Damon's finest choruses ever... hushed the no-chorus moaning! :lol:

munch

Post by munch » 25 Mar 2015, 21:23

oh gosh
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Miki

Post by Miki » 25 Mar 2015, 21:24

My Name Is Mud wrote:
Miki wrote:
Blurcast wrote:Good news... I was able to record the video stream without any problems, so I'll be uploading a downloadable video soon. I need to do a quick cut and convert job on it but I'll get it up ASAP.

Bloody hell though, it's an amazing set of new songs. I always had the suspicion that they still had their best album in them. This may quite possibly be it. I really can't get my head around how material this strong came out of an unscheduled five days of jamming.
Excellent! I have the audio. It's in one stream at the moment. Will split tracks and upload if people want it.
Please do!
On it!
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 25 Mar 2015, 21:27

Miki wrote:On it!
Like a car bonnet!

britpopunionblur

Post by britpopunionblur » 25 Mar 2015, 21:33

I find it was very Damon solo album sounding (ala Everyday Robots). Not my favorite thing when It comes to Damon. I like it because its Blur. It just seems like I can't relate to what Damons singing, it is so wordy and not sure if these lyrics are heartfelt and have meaning .They sometimes feel like jumbled poetry phrases thrown together. Need to hear this better in context on the studio version. Favorite Tracks - Lonesome Street(not my fav like some others,but I dig it) , New World Towers (Best of the Damon solo style songs),Go Out, Ice Cream Man (from the audio i heard),There Are To Many Of Us, Pyongyang (the part where Damon fleshes out the vocals ,like they are going to be a big chorus but then drops it midline , missed opportunity :( ), Ong Ong, and Mirror Ball which is decent. Now some of you are thinking I listed a big amount .I feel even those songs I like are not amazing. Not sure where this would fit with rest of albums. Again this feels very Damon solo singer songwriter. I Broadcast is to shouty for me (Blur trying to be straight up punk). Then we come to those slow burners "I Thought I was a Spaceman" and "My Terracotta Heart" which just are the ones that feel the most rambling and minimalistic (Black Book).Feel like the rest of Blur are sidelined. Not trying to be to harsh as I hope they grow on me more. I just hold this band to such a high standard. Just feel like Damon has lost his touch for writing songs with anthemic choruses.This band has always had a sing along style even when they went from Britpop to stuff like 13. It could also be Damon's change in singing which has become more monotone. With Gorillaz it seems less noticeable ,but I think thats dew to collaborators. Anyways that my opinion, I really hope it will grow on me. Didn't mean to ruin anyones buzz
Last edited by britpopunionblur on 25 Mar 2015, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 25 Mar 2015, 21:35

Have to say I thought Graham's vocals were amazing too, as I mentioned I usually just prefer Damon singing, but Graham's vocals definately added something to the songs like others had previously said!

Sean

Post by Sean » 25 Mar 2015, 21:36

I feel I need to temper some of this gushing.....surely it's time Damon got rid of his earring? He's 47 for fucks sake. :mrgreen:

At least he wasn't wearing a baseball cap with a ganja leaf on the front :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 25 Mar 2015, 21:36

Most users ever online was 142 on 25 Mar 2015, 21:55

8-)

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Mar 2015, 21:38

Sean wrote:I feel I need to temper some of this gushing.....surely it's time Damon got rid of his earring? He's 47 for fucks sake. :mrgreen:

At least he wasn't wearing a baseball cap with a ganja leaf on the front :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
With that gold tooth I'd say the earring is the least of his stylistic errors. :lol:

ildi

Post by ildi » 25 Mar 2015, 21:38

Rubi wrote:Graham is on fire on this album.
i haven't seen the gig (yet) but so good to read that! :mrgreen:

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 25 Mar 2015, 21:41

It was really really good but I think it sounds more like damons solo stuff than blur
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

Sean

Post by Sean » 25 Mar 2015, 21:41

101reykjavik wrote:
Sean wrote:I feel I need to temper some of this gushing.....surely it's time Damon got rid of his earring? He's 47 for fucks sake. :mrgreen:

With that gold tooth I'd say the earring is the least of his stylistic errors. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 25 Mar 2015, 21:43

Leahscarlet2 wrote:It was really really good but I think it sounds more like damons solo stuff than blur
Well I love this new Blur stuff but played Everyday Robots twice and never again...I feel like its pure Blur...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 25 Mar 2015, 21:43

My Name Is Mud wrote:
Miki wrote:
Blurcast wrote:Good news... I was able to record the video stream without any problems, so I'll be uploading a downloadable video soon. I need to do a quick cut and convert job on it but I'll get it up ASAP.

Bloody hell though, it's an amazing set of new songs. I always had the suspicion that they still had their best album in them. This may quite possibly be it. I really can't get my head around how material this strong came out of an unscheduled five days of jamming.
Excellent! I have the audio. It's in one stream at the moment. Will split tracks and upload if people want it.
Please do!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”