Blur Covers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1847
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: Blur Covers

Post by Rubi » 08 Apr 2015, 09:25

Great! It just goes to show you what a beautiful piece of music Sweet Song is.

User avatar
blurvert
Posts: 194
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 14:37
Location: Pretty England
Contact:

Re: Blur Covers

Post by blurvert » 08 Apr 2015, 11:25

The TNOW lad is trollin right? and the Sweet Song is wonderful!

There are some great covers of Tender too -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgxb8DgDeXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdDJj7TII_E


apart from this, this is shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCcxLQeegw
Image

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 305
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 17:16

Re: Blur Covers

Post by Foggy » 17 Apr 2015, 20:06

Anyone heard Glenn from Squeeze's take on There's No Other Way? Recorded in a pub in 1992.

http://www.packetofthree.com/wp-content ... er-Way.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's worth listening to just for the classic rocktastic solo at 2:35 or thereabouts.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7032
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Blur Covers

Post by TripleJay97 » 18 Apr 2015, 09:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0E4HOCovl4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuck. This. Shit.
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Blur Covers

Post by 101reykjavik » 18 Apr 2015, 09:38

TripleJay97 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0E4HOCovl4

Fuck. This. Shit.
To be fair, it's the only decent song that crowd will have heard all night!
Image

kevoutus
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 21:47

Re: Blur Covers

Post by kevoutus » 18 Apr 2015, 10:45

Me and my band had a bash at Popscene a while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKa_6mfg1g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1195
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Blur Covers

Post by munch » 19 Apr 2015, 06:14

pretty good to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6NFp0ka-I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

JAIME
Posts: 2201
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: Blur Covers

Post by JAIME » 20 Apr 2015, 14:41

kevoutus wrote:Me and my band had a bash at Popscene a while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKa_6mfg1g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great cover! Cheers Kevin!
Image

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Blur Covers

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Apr 2015, 08:25

I've found a cover of Tender I did with a bunch of people in a church yeeeaaaars ago. I'll try and put it up in a bit. :)
Image

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: Blur Covers

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Apr 2015, 11:08

Here it is. Tender, recorded in a church, with me and a load of people. I'm playing lead guitar on it. Bear in mind that:

1. I was only 13 or 14.
2. I know that the chords on "waiting for that feeling to come" are incorrect
3. It wasn't my choice to fade it out, believe me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9kdxV9YbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Blur Covers

Post by He's So High » 24 Apr 2015, 11:17

My Name Is Mud wrote:Here it is. Tender, recorded in a church, with me and a load of people. I'm playing lead guitar on it. Bear in mind that:

1. I was only 13 or 14.
2. I know that the chords on "waiting for that feeling to come" are incorrect
3. It wasn't my choice to fade it out, believe me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9kdxV9YbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like it! The recording has quite a cool spaced-out feel about it.

JAIME
Posts: 2201
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: Blur Covers

Post by JAIME » 24 Apr 2015, 12:48

He's So High wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:Here it is. Tender, recorded in a church, with me and a load of people. I'm playing lead guitar on it. Bear in mind that:

1. I was only 13 or 14.
2. I know that the chords on "waiting for that feeling to come" are incorrect
3. It wasn't my choice to fade it out, believe me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9kdxV9YbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like it! The recording has quite a cool spaced-out feel about it.
I like it too! Beautiful voices.
Image

Sean
Posts: 667
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 00:24

Re: Blur Covers

Post by Sean » 24 Apr 2015, 12:55

My Name Is Mud wrote:Here it is. Tender, recorded in a church, with me and a load of people. I'm playing lead guitar on it. Bear in mind that:

1. I was only 13 or 14.
2. I know that the chords on "waiting for that feeling to come" are incorrect
3. It wasn't my choice to fade it out, believe me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9kdxV9YbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haha that's really nice man.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1195
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Blur Covers

Post by munch » 24 Apr 2015, 15:17

i love it
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Golfing Fanatic
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Apr 2015, 23:18

Re: Blur Covers

Post by Golfing Fanatic » 24 Apr 2015, 18:29

Check out these douches murdering On Your Own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6EEH1hAb0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply