'Go Out', and radio station playlists...

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: 'Go Out', and radio station playlists...

Post by 101reykjavik » 04 Mar 2015, 20:15

Anyone heard it on 6Music yet? Haven't listened to Shaun Keaveny in the mornings for a little while, but put it on this morning hoping for a play. No luck.

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 04 Mar 2015, 20:45

101reykjavik wrote:Anyone heard it on 6Music yet? Haven't listened to Shaun Keaveny in the mornings for a little while, but put it on this morning hoping for a play. No luck.
Yeah been on quite a few times during the day...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 05 Mar 2015, 08:36

Rubi wrote:
Neal Zeal wrote: Most of us lot seem to like it quite a bit but it's not a strong enough song for what you might call the floating voters (who these stations need to pander to).
Despite the fact that I really, really like Go Out, I agree that it's not very radio friendly. There should be another track on the album that is single material and thus released properly with a decent video. The album needs some promotion. It's not 1995 anymore, most people don't know Blur are releasing a new record.
Yes, the passive fans (including those who loved the 'Britpop Blur') will probably not be aware of Blur's re-emergence. This is a shame because Damon (assisted by the band as a whole) strives for his work to remain fresh.

A catchier song with universal radio play would be the way to promote Blur as an on-going concern.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 05 Mar 2015, 08:41

Shaun Keavney is playing it on 6Music now :D

Missy

Post by Missy » 05 Mar 2015, 10:05

I've heard Go out several times this week on BBC6, they are playing it every day. ;)

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 05 Mar 2015, 10:59

Good to know. 8-)

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 05 Mar 2015, 17:50

Been on all the bloody time on 6 music this week! :lol:

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 08 Mar 2015, 20:19

Well, it's been shunned by Radio 2 again for next week's playlist. Oddly, Absolute aren't playing it at all and they're massive Blur fans (usually play a Blur song at least 3 or 4 times a day. They even played Under the Westway loads). It's only XfM and 6 Music who are playing it.
In terms of the live shows, this means the song will have the impact of something like Popscene where only a few hundred of the keen fans at the front will actually know it. No mass Glastonbury sing-alongs for something with this limited exposure sadly.
I guess the indie snobs will be pleased but I love it when my favourite pop groups manage to infiltrate mass culture so bit of a shame, really.
Let's hope there are a couple of more stirring and melodic things on the album...

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 08 Mar 2015, 21:16

Neal Zeal wrote:Well, it's been shunned by Radio 2 again for next week's playlist. Oddly, Absolute aren't playing it at all and they're massive Blur fans (usually play a Blur song at least 3 or 4 times a day. They even played Under the Westway loads). It's only XfM and 6 Music who are playing it.
In terms of the live shows, this means the song will have the impact of something like Popscene where only a few hundred of the keen fans at the front will actually know it. No mass Glastonbury sing-alongs for something with this limited exposure sadly.
I guess the indie snobs will be pleased but I love it when my favourite pop groups manage to infiltrate mass culture so bit of a shame, really.
Let's hope there are a couple of more stirring and melodic things on the album...
Yep its had the exposure of an album track, like you say hopefully a big melodic single still to come!

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 08 Mar 2015, 21:23

Just checked out Absolute 90s and yes sometimes play Blur six times a day! MOR, Death Of A Party, Trouble In The Message Center all played so not just the crowd pleaser's, so very strange no plays of Go Out!

http://absoluteradio.co.uk/90s/music/?q=blur

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 09 Mar 2015, 08:00

Neal Zeal wrote:In terms of the live shows, this means the song will have the impact of something like Popscene where only a few hundred of the keen fans at the front will actually know it. No mass Glastonbury sing-alongs for something with this limited exposure sadly.
Yes I agree.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 09 Mar 2015, 17:45

I don't think it makes you an "indie snob" to be more concerned with what the album is actually like artistically, rather than worrying if fickle radio stations bother to play it.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Mar 2015, 22:04

So the video has over a million views now, which is good for a video that doesn't get airplay.

munch

Post by munch » 11 Mar 2015, 02:14

Is it something to do with the digital purchases? Has it sold well?
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 11 Mar 2015, 13:26

I heard "Go Out" on American radio this morning on my way to work...was shocked!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem