The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by 101reykjavik » 17 Mar 2015, 17:17

munch wrote:it was a new photo of race dogs with goggles and said blur 2009 on the back? That one has faded for me sadly , not entirely but...
Ahh - of course! Funny how you forget. I didn't ever pick up one of those.

rich

Post by rich » 18 Mar 2015, 18:38

not strictly a tour T shirt, but there was the green MIDLIFE shirt from 2009 - I've got one :)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Fena

Post by Fena » 18 Mar 2015, 19:33

i 've got one - that's orange and the back say "Mcnuffin & chips" and the front blur with burger?
My name is Fernanda, and finally know Graham

JackS

Post by JackS » 19 Mar 2015, 15:02

So, in amongst all the distraction of the "secret" gig - where on earth are these additional dates that were talked about?! Ones that most people actually have a chance of attending :lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Mar 2015, 15:04

I imagine tour dates will be announced next week after the single drops. Certainly makes sense!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 19 Mar 2015, 15:08

JackS wrote:So, in amongst all the distraction of the "secret" gig - where on earth are these additional dates that were talked about?! Ones that most people actually have a chance of attending :lol:

The thing confusing me is they said during the announcement in February that they'd be announcing the dates "next week." And here we are in late March with nothing...very weird!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 19 Mar 2015, 15:15

MrMagpie wrote:
JackS wrote:So, in amongst all the distraction of the "secret" gig - where on earth are these additional dates that were talked about?! Ones that most people actually have a chance of attending :lol:

The thing confusing me is they said during the announcement in February that they'd be announcing the dates "next week." And here we are in late March with nothing...very weird!
That's exactly what I've been thinking these last few weeks. Dave definitely said that on Jo Whiley. Maybe it's true that if Hyde Park didn't sell out as planned they decide to delay the rest until they had secured a few more ticket sales for there.

Stefan

Post by Stefan » 19 Mar 2015, 15:20

Yes it's annoying. Need to plan my summer (first world problems..). The 26th of march Isle of Wight will announce their last headliner and Blur is heavily rumoured.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 19 Mar 2015, 15:23

I was really hoping they'd be announced for Electric Picnic here in Ireland. No dice though. :(

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 19 Mar 2015, 15:26

Stefan wrote:Yes it's annoying. Need to plan my summer (first world problems..). The 26th of march Isle of Wight will announce their last headliner and Blur is heavily rumoured.
Ok, so let's see:

Beginning of June: Blur in Wales and Scotland.(RUMOUR)
June 11-14: Blur in the Isle of Wight.(RUMOUR)
June 20: Blur at Hyde Park.
June 29-July 12: Damon doing Wonder.land in Manchester.
July 16: Blur at Benicàssim.
July 17: Blur at Lisbon.
July 18: Damon, T.Allen & very special guests at Vieilles Charrues.
July 19: Damon, T.Allen & very special guests at Dour.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 19 Mar 2015, 18:51

I remain curious as to how hard they'll work to promote this album...a handful of dates in the UK and a few festivals across the Channel in Europe isn't a lot for the first new album in a dozen years!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 19 Mar 2015, 18:53

I'm yet to be convinced it will be worked that hard. My gut feeling is it will be fairly limited touring as support for the album because they are no longer a group of single men prepared to live on the road for weeks or months.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 19 Mar 2015, 18:55

I cant expect this to happen but if it did it'd be great; the band playing all the small places they did in the 90s. It wasn't like they were just starting out, they were still doing some smallish places in 94/95
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Mar 2015, 18:56

I like to think they'll at least tour the UK. The rest of the world I'm not fussed about... :P ;) But really, what do they actually have on their plates this year? The new Gorillaz album is pure speculation so far, Graham hasn't announced anything and Alex and Dave haven't either. As far as I'm concerned their schedules are completely free compared to in previous years. Yeah yeah Damon has that musical but doesn't that only take up 3-4 days?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 19 Mar 2015, 18:56

101reykjavik wrote:I'm yet to be convinced it will be worked that hard. My gut feeling is it will be fairly limited touring as support for the album because they are no longer a group of single men prepared to live on the road for weeks or months.
Exactly. A handful of festivals a short plane ride from home and they can play to the maximum # of people in the fewest number of gigs. That's been their MO since 2009 ended and they're gonna stick to it, looks like.