The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

My Name Is Mud

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by My Name Is Mud » 04 Mar 2015, 16:55

Miki wrote:
aldamasta wrote:God I would love to go see The Strokes and then go right back 2 days later to see Blur!
I'm debating that one. I'm not much of a Strokes fan, but like some of their things and I certainly would love to see Beck! As Blur didn't sell out, I doubt there's any hurry to get these tickets, so I'll mull over it and see if Beck plays a smaller solo show somewhere while he's over here. He's doing a festival in Ireland and added an extra date, so you never know. Hyde Park is so expensive! And Beck is not even headlining, so paying that price to see him playing for an hour seems steep. But, man, I'm so tempted!
Em...yes he is. 2 shows; one in Dublin, one in Cork and he's headlining both.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 Mar 2015, 18:49

Sigh, any news of a proper tour yet? I hope they aren't waiting for Hyde Park to see out. We could be waiting a while.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 04 Mar 2015, 20:09

tom_cas1 wrote:Sigh, any news of a proper tour yet? I hope they aren't waiting for Hyde Park to see out. We could be waiting a while.
I'm itching for news too. As the week goes on I'm starting to they are waiting for Hyde Park - seems plausible. :(

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 04 Mar 2015, 20:34

tom_cas1 wrote:Sigh, any news of a proper tour yet? I hope they aren't waiting for Hyde Park to see out. We could be waiting a while.
Not yet.

Perhaps Alex is trying to convince to them to play in Colchester. :roll:

P.S. T in the Park gonna be on July 10-12. I think that Blur will play there.

P.S. 2. .....oh wait a minute...Damon gonna be in Manchester until July 12 doing the Wonder.land musical. :roll:

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 04 Mar 2015, 20:58

^to be honest I think they are too big for T in the Park, especially if it were the only festival they did. Have you seen the other headliners this year?

Bathstreet

Post by Bathstreet » 05 Mar 2015, 12:05

pigster wrote:hoping for a return trip to australia.
had tickets to big day out which i refunded after blur cancelled. would love to see a standalone intimate show ala damon albarn when he played in melbourne just late last year. i guess i'll leave it to hoping and doing what i can ie. buying a copy of the album day it comes out to show i exist :)
Same. That would be great and show a lot of goodwill from the lads

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 05 Mar 2015, 13:03

He's So High wrote:^to be honest I think they are too big for T in the Park, especially if it were the only festival they did. Have you seen the other headliners this year?
I did it last night.
Kasabian, D.Guetta, S.Smith, Avicii, The Libertines, The Script, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Prodigy and Stereophonics.

According to Damon, Blur will play in Wales and Scotland (before June 20th), so this time I think that they won't play in a festival (at least in Scotland). :roll:

jamoore1996

Post by jamoore1996 » 05 Mar 2015, 15:31

Where in Scotland would they most likely play? Barrowlands?

Miki

Post by Miki » 05 Mar 2015, 19:36

My Name Is Mud wrote:
Miki wrote:
aldamasta wrote:God I would love to go see The Strokes and then go right back 2 days later to see Blur!
I'm debating that one. I'm not much of a Strokes fan, but like some of their things and I certainly would love to see Beck! As Blur didn't sell out, I doubt there's any hurry to get these tickets, so I'll mull over it and see if Beck plays a smaller solo show somewhere while he's over here. He's doing a festival in Ireland and added an extra date, so you never know. Hyde Park is so expensive! And Beck is not even headlining, so paying that price to see him playing for an hour seems steep. But, man, I'm so tempted!
Em...yes he is. 2 shows; one in Dublin, one in Cork and he's headlining both.
I was talking about Hyde Park.

The show in Dublin is not a festival. It's his own gig, so one would hope he's headlining that one :lol:
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 05 Mar 2015, 20:58

So are we going to play our usual fantasy setlist game here or should it have it's own topic? :P

daii

Post by daii » 06 Mar 2015, 00:30

the real question is... will they play glasto?

thespider

Post by thespider » 06 Mar 2015, 09:31

daii wrote:the real question is... will they play glasto?
I don't think they should. If they did, it'll be the 3rd time in 6 years that a Damon band would have headlined. That's too often for casual fans.

They've already announced the Foo Fighters (good choice imo). I reckon the other two should be AC/DC and Prince.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 06 Mar 2015, 09:38

Miki wrote: The show in Dublin is not a festival. It's his own gig, so one would hope he's headlining that one :lol:
Ha! I was thinking that! Sorry I misunderstood! :oops:

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 06 Mar 2015, 17:51

I can't get enough of Damon at Glastonbury (yes I know it's been a lot, Blur, Gorillaz, Bobby, and I'm kinda sad he didn't go on his solo tour but oh well.) So I'll always be happy to see Blur headline, but I won't necessarily be sad if they don't.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 06 Mar 2015, 22:03

I don't think they'll play Glastonbury again. It was such a monumental performance, and is held in such high regard by the group, that I don't think they'd want to risk sullying the memory of 2009.