The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Danilo

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Danilo » 28 Jul 2015, 13:37

No Brazil dates this year ??? :(

daii

Post by daii » 28 Jul 2015, 19:34

Danilo wrote:No Brazil dates this year ??? :(
that's weird. they've announced two dates here in argentina and one date in chile.
Same thing happened last year with Damon

Tweedophile

Post by Tweedophile » 30 Jul 2015, 02:15

If the Melbourne gig was anything to go by, the good peeps of Perth are in for one helluva show...

...plenty of water-anointing & hi-fives from Damon to us lucky duckies up front; signature split jumps, backward roll & face-pulling from Graham; sterling stick work from the irrepressible Dave & even Alex 'dacked up' for the occasion, ditching the dodgy shorts of fashion crimes past...

Ridiculously grateful that the boys came to play upside down "on this [not so] little island"...just don't leave it so long between drinks next time, lads! ;)
"On the way to heaven in a comedy car..."

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 30 Jul 2015, 14:14

Last dates of the World Tour 2015:

Sep 5: Stradbally (Ireland)
Oct 7: Santiago (Chile) :P
Oct 10: Córdoba (Argentina)
Oct 11: Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Oct 15: Mexico City (Mexico)
Oct 17: Guadalajara (Mexico)
Oct 20: Los Angeles (USA)
Oct 23: New York (USA)

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 30 Jul 2015, 15:28

Oh well. I knew they would not add any more European dates, but there was some hope.

Aaaaaaand it's gone
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 30 Jul 2015, 15:49

there's a load of time between the first and second dates on that list.. I think some more dates are planned there for Europe
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 30 Jul 2015, 15:51

Leahscarlet2 wrote:there's a load of time between the first and second dates on that list.. I think some more dates are planned there for Europe
Apparently Damon will record a Gorillaz album during september (after Ireland and before Chile).

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 30 Jul 2015, 17:04

Can't believe that's all the US gets...I love the band but fuck them on that decision.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 30 Jul 2015, 17:35

considering neither NYC or LA are evn close to sell outs i doubt it fills them with confidence to book other shows, tho im surprised that since theyre in guadalajara they havent added a texas date before they head to LA.

i expect they will have some tv appearances in LA ahead of the show tho, maybe try and push a few more ticket sales

late last show with james corden??

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jul 2015, 18:21

I still think there'll be more UK shows, maybe only a handful. They announced the Glasgow/Blackpool/Wales shows a month before so it's not out of the question that more shows will be announced for September. They're in Ireland anyway and seems odd to play a random Irish date with no other shows at the same time.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 31 Jul 2015, 02:29

MrMagpie wrote:Can't believe that's all the US gets...I love the band but fuck them on that decision.
What did you expect? The UK only got a very few shows, and most of Europe didn't get any. I know they've ignored the US since 2003 until now (minus Coachella), but I think we're lucky to even get the 2 gigs they announced.

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 31 Jul 2015, 03:39

Yeah, they weren't going to spend a month hitting a bunch of little shows.
Put one on each coast, bang it out in a week, move on.

Hopefully, if the shows are good enough, they'll consider doing it again next time they release something...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 31 Jul 2015, 14:20

goadamn wrote:Yeah, they weren't going to spend a month hitting a bunch of little shows.

Hopefully, if the shows are good enough, they'll consider doing it again next time they release something...
There's what we can hope for. I really want them to be pleased with the US crowds, for future touring purposes.

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 04 Aug 2015, 02:14

aldamasta wrote:
goadamn wrote:Yeah, they weren't going to spend a month hitting a bunch of little shows.

There's what we can hope for. I really want them to be pleased with the US crowds, for future touring purposes.
We'll do out best to give them a warm welcome.
Though it makes far more sense to play smaller clubs. Considering their audience isn't as large here, just play to a packed and insanely enthusiastic club rather than a 3/4 full stadium.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 04 Aug 2015, 17:05

I assume it's been mentioned already but is anyone else incredibly disappointed that I Broadcast has been dropped from the set at this stage?