Page 126 of 144

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Jul 2015, 03:32
by tom_cas1
More UK shows in September would be my guess too. They're in Ireland anyway so why not? Plus there's more to Blur than just Damon, if the other three want to play in London for example then I doubt Damon would say no just because he's recording a new Gorillaz album.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 08:01
by JackS
tom_cas1 wrote:More UK shows in September would be my guess too. They're in Ireland anyway so why not? Plus there's more to Blur than just Damon, if the other three want to play in London for example then I doubt Damon would say no just because he's recording a new Gorillaz album.
Surely they'd have been announced by now though, if that was the case? A quick Google suggest Damon's November RAH gigs were announced on 30th July.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 08:18
by Rosie
JackS wrote:
Surely they'd have been announced by now though, if that was the case? A quick Google suggest Damon's November RAH gigs were announced on 30th July.
Yes, sadly, that's true. :(
Every day passing without announcement is lowering the chances of more Europe dates. It's very strange because Europe it's their biggest fan base, but maybe they think it's enough with the dates done until now.
I was so hoping for a Italy date.....at least I've seen them in Paris, but the problem with Blur is that when you see them live, you then enter in Bluroholic mode..and you really need to see them other times!! 8-) Now, i'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms :| :(

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 08:22
by Liese
I was sooo hoping for more gigs as well. Guess RAH in November is a pipe dream indeed given they would need to announce that around now... But smaller European or at least UK dates might still happen in September. After all, they only announced the June warm-up shows in early May, so you never know.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 10:54
by JackS
I've said all along that the only disappointing thing about this period (and I feel bad saying that anything is "disappointing" because it's still amazing that we good an album, and a brilliant album at that) is the lack of TMW songs in the main gigs, so did hope for a proper Blur gig or two at the end of the year where they could get away with playing things like TATMOU.

Would be great, but can't see it happening as time passes.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 11:47
by 101reykjavik
JackS wrote:I've said all along that the only disappointing thing about this period (and I feel bad saying that anything is "disappointing" because it's still amazing that we good an album, and a brilliant album at that) is the lack of TMW songs in the main gigs, so did hope for a proper Blur gig or two at the end of the year where they could get away with playing things like TATMOU.

Would be great, but can't see it happening as time passes.
Couldn't agree more. It does feel churlish to complain at all considering all we've had (moan, moan moan). I do just wish some more 'gig type' venues instead of festival / field type stuff could have been accommodated later in the year to give the fans a chance to hear a bit more of this wonderful album live.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 12:39
by AstronomyD81
Rosie wrote:
JackS wrote:
Surely they'd have been announced by now though, if that was the case? A quick Google suggest Damon's November RAH gigs were announced on 30th July.
Yes, sadly, that's true. :(
Every day passing without announcement is lowering the chances of more Europe dates. It's very strange because Europe it's their biggest fan base, but maybe they think it's enough with the dates done until now.
I was so hoping for a Italy date.....at least I've seen them in Paris, but the problem with Blur is that when you see them live, you then enter in Bluroholic mode..and you really need to see them other times!! 8-) Now, i'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms :| :(
I feel you...I saw them this saturday and I'm on a depression mode post concert..and I only want more and it's not a desire it's a need..hahahahaha.. and makes me sad maybe there is no more chances.. :(

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 13:18
by Rosie
AstronomyD81 wrote:
I feel you...I saw them this saturday and I'm on a depression mode post concert..and I only want more and it's not a desire it's a need..hahahahaha.. and makes me sad maybe there is no more chances.. :(
Yes, right, but let's put it like this: Where there's life, there's hope! ;)

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 16:30
by MrMagpie
Makes it look even more likely their US "tour" will remain just the two gigs on the coasts. Ah, well.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 17:42
by Leahscarlet2
i still think there will be more shows later in a few months time

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 21 Jul 2015, 02:36
by munch
are they still hiding comics?

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 21 Jul 2015, 02:45
by tender
According to this interview with Dave there aren't any new dates annoucements for now, could he just be teasing us?
http://shr.gs/YaLMJdG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 22 Jul 2015, 02:15
by munch
Image

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 26 Jul 2015, 10:54
by Ambulance
Hey there, new at this forum, so i want to say hello to everyone!. Do you think guys that a "2nd leg of tour" is it possible? or maybe the gorillaz stuff and the new the good the bad record will not allow the band to tour more the magic whip?

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 26 Jul 2015, 15:10
by goadamn
Ambulance wrote:Hey there, new at this forum, so i want to say hello to everyone!. Do you think guys that a "2nd leg of tour" is it possible? or maybe the gorillaz stuff and the new the good the bad record will not allow the band to tour more the magic whip?
I think it's pretty much what you see is what you get.
Maybe they'll squeeze in an extra date here or there if it fits in easily, but I believe any large date announcements are over and done.