The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

TripleJay97

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Jul 2015, 10:41

TOMATO, TOMAHTO. LET'S MOVE ON.

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 10 Jul 2015, 11:04

Courtney Barnett is amazing and Pedestrian At Best is one of the best songs of the year, if not the best. She'll be a great support act and she's been fairly well-known for two years now, it's not like they've chosen some obscure act that nobody knows about.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 10 Jul 2015, 15:13

TripleJay97 wrote:TOMATO, TOMAHTO. LET'S MOVE ON.
Trivialising casual sexism eh

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Jul 2015, 15:23

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Courtney Barnett is amazing and Pedestrian At Best is one of the best songs of the year, if not the best. She'll be a great support act and she's been fairly well-known for two years now, it's not like they've chosen some obscure act that nobody knows about.
To be fair in 2012 they chose those two kids to support them in the UK. Can't remember what they were called now but I'd say they were fairly unknown.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Jul 2015, 18:07

Pasta wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:TOMATO, TOMAHTO. LET'S MOVE ON.
Trivialising casual sexism eh
No, stopping the arguments. If males in central London talk to each other that way casually then that's their slang and I'm not going to object to it. If Tom called Courtney Barnett a wench or something then fair enough, but he's said he didn't mean to offend, so I think we should just accept that and move on.

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 10 Jul 2015, 18:11

You call that an argument? :lol:

What derogatory terms to refer to women are acceptable then? Just out of curiosity as a spanish bird/wench/she-thing :D

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Jul 2015, 18:14

I think we should stay on topic.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Jul 2015, 18:54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_slang" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 10 Jul 2015, 19:15

those of you complaining about sexism can fuck off to tumblr. we just want to talk about blur.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 10 Jul 2015, 19:44

Forever Low Man wrote:those of you complaining about sexism can fuck off to tumblr. we just want to talk about blur.
Weren't you the one who got banned from the old forum? :roll:

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 10 Jul 2015, 19:59

Forever Low Man wrote:those of you complaining about sexism can fuck off to tumblr. we just want to talk about blur.
Chill, caveman :lol:

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 10 Jul 2015, 20:38

tom_cas1 wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:Courtney Barnett is amazing and Pedestrian At Best is one of the best songs of the year, if not the best. She'll be a great support act and she's been fairly well-known for two years now, it's not like they've chosen some obscure act that nobody knows about.
To be fair in 2012 they chose those two kids to support them in the UK. Can't remember what they were called now but I'd say they were fairly unknown.
The Bots, right? I read something about them a few months ago.

I completely agree with 'bird' being derogatory to women but Tom clearly didn't mean to be disrespectful. It was wrong but can we please move on so we can complain once again about setlists and lack of touring?

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Jul 2015, 20:51

^I agree. I wanna go back to bitching about having to travel hundreds of miles to see my favourite band, even though they're supposed to be touring a new album.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 10 Jul 2015, 20:56

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:
The Bots, right? I read something about them a few months ago.

I completely agree with 'bird' being derogatory to women but Tom clearly didn't mean to be disrespectful. It was wrong but can we please move on so we can complain once again about setlists and lack of touring?

I saw the bots last year in a small venue..I thought they were good and I think they were also part of the Africa express group at one point
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

twostep

Post by twostep » 10 Jul 2015, 21:21

TripleJay97 wrote:^I agree. I wanna go back to bitching about having to travel hundreds of miles to see my favourite band, even though they're supposed to be touring a new album.
to be fair so do most people due to their weird ass touring schedule
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary