The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by 101reykjavik » 27 Feb 2015, 14:33

Metronomy don't do a lot for me. A bit weedy. The Horrors are okay but the prospect doesn't excite me that much. Drenge I don't know, might check that out and I know a Teleman song I quite like! :D To be honest, I'll be interested to hear if there are going to be some big names lower down the bill on the main stage, but it's all about Blur for me really.

Edit: Duran Duran? I don't hear that myself.

Miki

Post by Miki » 27 Feb 2015, 14:35

twostep wrote:
Miki wrote:
twostep wrote:Metronomy are Duran duran for the kids today
Not a patch on Duran Duran!
They do sound a lot like them tho
:o

They so don't :lol:
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

twostep

Post by twostep » 27 Feb 2015, 14:47

The English Riviera album is pure Duran duran influence!
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 27 Feb 2015, 14:48

twostep wrote:Metronomy are Duran duran for the kids today.

Hyde Park not sold out. So people have either decided that twice was enough for blur in hyde park - probably not helped by all the talk of the terrible sound when they played in 2012 - or were put off by the price
I bet there are LOADS of people who are waiting for the warm-ups to be announced...most people in their right minds would rather go to those than a ginormous festival like HP with crap sound, too many lousy opening bands, and drunk idiots who only know "Song 2" and "Parklife" making up the bulk of the crowd. Can't say as I blame them...I'd do the same thing!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

twostep

Post by twostep » 27 Feb 2015, 14:53

Yeah, I went to hyde park devotedly both times when blur played before, but not this time
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

Miki

Post by Miki » 27 Feb 2015, 15:02

I enjoyed both times at Hyde Park, and had no porblems with either the crowd or the sound. Maybe I was lucky. I will be there again. But what I hope for is for smaller venues and a proper tour after Hyde Park.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Feb 2015, 16:06

I won't be going to Hyde Park because of all the reasons already given. Too expensive, been twice before, sound was awful last time (2012) and people talked over the less known album songs like Caramel. 2009 was great but 2012 not so much. I'll wait for the warm ups. Also the support acts I have ZERO interest in.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 27 Feb 2015, 16:19

Funnily enough I didn't go to the reunion gigs at Hyde Park because of the reasons that I didn't want to see blur in such a big outdoor venue, I changed my mind in 2012 and fully enjoyed the gig. I was excited by news of the he new album which is why I've got tickets for Hyde Park again and the fact it's a festival however I'm underwhelmed by the support acts so far.

I'm not sure if this is going to sell out,not on the back of the acts announced and not until the album is releasedwand the reception that gets depending on how well it's received, perhaps I'm wrong and it'll sell out before not sure.

£80 is expensive and if it doesn't sell out you'll be able to blag tickets on the day for a lot less, hopefully it'll be a good day I'm sure it'll will, I'm gonna try and blag ttickets on the day for The Who because that's a very good line up so far.
Last edited by Mr Briggs on 27 Feb 2015, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 27 Feb 2015, 16:19

I think Metronomy and Drenge are great however I'm still not going

I'm almost certain there will be one cheaper and more importantly, closer to me

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 27 Feb 2015, 16:28

Electric Picnic are announcing their line up next Wednesday. If Blur get announced, I'm gonna lose my shit! Here's hoping! :mrgreen:

thespider

Post by thespider » 27 Feb 2015, 16:45

twostep wrote: Hyde Park not sold out. So people have either decided that twice was enough for blur in hyde park - probably not helped by all the talk of the terrible sound when they played in 2012 - or were put off by the price
I think it's the price, this is £20 more than Hyde Park 2012. I doubt I'm getting £20 more Blur :lol:

Kenny

Post by Kenny » 27 Feb 2015, 16:50

Miki wrote:I enjoyed both times at Hyde Park, and had no porblems with either the crowd or the sound. Maybe I was lucky. I will be there again. But what I hope for is for smaller venues and a proper tour after Hyde Park.
It bugs me when people say the sound was poor at Hyde Park because I heard no problems at all, I was quite near the front so was it towards the back?
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...

twostep

Post by twostep » 27 Feb 2015, 16:52

thespider wrote:
twostep wrote: Hyde Park not sold out. So people have either decided that twice was enough for blur in hyde park - probably not helped by all the talk of the terrible sound when they played in 2012 - or were put off by the price
I think it's the price, this is £20 more than Hyde Park 2012. I doubt I'm getting £20 more Blur :lol:
and if i remember correctly it cost 40 odd quid in 2009? Not getting 50% more blur either!
Last edited by twostep on 27 Feb 2015, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
it's me, d4p

twostep

Post by twostep » 27 Feb 2015, 16:53

Kenny wrote:
Miki wrote:I enjoyed both times at Hyde Park, and had no porblems with either the crowd or the sound. Maybe I was lucky. I will be there again. But what I hope for is for smaller venues and a proper tour after Hyde Park.
It bugs me when people say the sound was poor at Hyde Park because I heard no problems at all, I was quite near the front so was it towards the back?
it bugs me when people talk about global warming because I'm cold
it's me, d4p

Kenny

Post by Kenny » 27 Feb 2015, 16:56

twostep wrote:
thespider wrote:
and if i remember correctly it cost 40 odd quid in 2009? Not getting 50% more blur either!
Arguably better support as well.
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...