The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

windymiller

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by windymiller » 25 Feb 2015, 17:41

I've had 2 e-mails too. I thought yesterday was the most hassle free pre-sale I'd experienced.
Maybe some people had problems with the no purchase necessary code rather than the Amazon pre-sale one.

rich

Post by rich » 25 Feb 2015, 17:43

windymiller wrote:I've had 2 e-mails too. I thought yesterday was the most hassle free pre-sale I'd experienced.
Maybe some people had problems with the no purchase necessary code rather than the Amazon pre-sale one.
hmmm - mine was the no purchase code...
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Feb 2015, 17:50

rich wrote:
windymiller wrote:I've had 2 e-mails too. I thought yesterday was the most hassle free pre-sale I'd experienced.
I was intending to use the Amazon code I had but at the last minute happened to find the code I was sent from Parlophone instead - that one worked for me with AXS.

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 25 Feb 2015, 18:18

Hoping for a warm up date in Leeds, played some great gigs there in the 90s...and just down the road from me :D

Miki

Post by Miki » 25 Feb 2015, 18:29

I got the email telling me about problems with the pre-sale, too, but had a confirmation order when I bought my tickets, so I assume everything's fine.
Last edited by Miki on 25 Feb 2015, 18:30, edited 2 times in total.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

rich

Post by rich » 25 Feb 2015, 18:29

101reykjavik wrote:
rich wrote:
I was intending to use the Amazon code I had but at the last minute happened to find the code I was sent from Parlophone instead - that one worked for me with AXS.
so - the key thing - did you get a confirmation email?

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 25 Feb 2015, 18:35

I didn't get a confirmation email either, so I'm going to phone them to see if it actually went through.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 25 Feb 2015, 18:49

Just spoken to them and the transaction went through successfully, just for whatever reason the email was never sent. At least I have the booking confirmation now.

rich

Post by rich » 25 Feb 2015, 18:58

He's So High wrote:Just spoken to them and the transaction went through successfully, just for whatever reason the email was never sent. At least I have the booking confirmation now.
yeah I got the same - they confirmed the transaction and said they'd send another email, but this didn't appear either. I think I'll probably scan the page I printed and mail them, asking them to reply to my work & home emails in the hope that one gets through! perhaps I'm fretting unduly, but I don't want this to be screwed up....

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Feb 2015, 19:26

To Rich (can't embed another reply, maxed out the 3 reply limit above):

Sorry - yes, had a confirmation email with the details, cost etc etc... sorry to hear you and others are having some difficulties. It seemed on the face of it so easy yesterday.
Last edited by 101reykjavik on 25 Feb 2015, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

rich

Post by rich » 25 Feb 2015, 19:27

^ thanks for the info 101 :)

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 25 Feb 2015, 20:18

jamoore1996 wrote:Think it'll be likely that they play in Scotland?
I'm hoping for a gig at the Barrowlands. Fantastic venue!

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 25 Feb 2015, 20:44

rich wrote:
He's So High wrote:Just spoken to them and the transaction went through successfully, just for whatever reason the email was never sent. At least I have the booking confirmation now.
yeah I got the same - they confirmed the transaction and said they'd send another email, but this didn't appear either. I think I'll probably scan the page I printed and mail them, asking them to reply to my work & home emails in the hope that one gets through! perhaps I'm fretting unduly, but I don't want this to be screwed up....
Yep just like you - they said they would resend the email but nothing received. I'm not too worried though as I do have a booking confirmation.

rich

Post by rich » 25 Feb 2015, 21:44

Just sent this email to AXS:

"Hi AXS

Yesterday morning I completed a blur pre-sale transaction with yourselves, ordering 2 x priority tickets for Hyde Park on 20 June 2015.

I printed the web page confirmation – which gave me the order number of (--). A scan of this is attached. The page said a confirmation email would be sent.

This didn’t arrive, so I called last night, spoke to someone at AXS who checked the records, established that my order had been taken, and said she’d send another email…

This too hasn’t arrived (and I have checked spam filters etc…)

I would be grateful if you could send me a confirmation email to both my work address (--) and my personal email (--) (in the hope that one gets through!)

I wonder if this glitch is down to the fact that I used a ‘no purchase necessary’ pre-sale code (xx) which I got from the blur/parlophone website – copy of this email attached. Other people posting on the blur fan site http://www.vblurpage.com/ have reported similar problems…

Thanks

Rich"

I'll report back on what happens :roll:

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Feb 2015, 22:04

Frustratring. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it, but it's worrying in the mean time I'd imagine.