The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

aldamasta

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by aldamasta » 30 Sep 2015, 02:52

A New Yorker on the Blur subreddit came across this poster today! Very cool, a nice catch. It's getting so close, and starting to feel so real and exciting!! As the OP said on reddit, the hype is real :D

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 07 Oct 2015, 14:56

Streaming for tonight's show in Chile since 7:30 pm Chilean time (11:30 pm GMT) : http://movistarchile.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blur going to start to play at 9 pm (01:00 am GMT)

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 07 Oct 2015, 21:36

The Royal Alberts or a night or two at Brixton would be fabulous - I know a fair few who haven't been a blur show since 2012...c'mon now, do it !!!

:)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 07 Oct 2015, 22:13

Hammersmith Apollo would be another good venue, 3-4 nights please boys. :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 08 Oct 2015, 01:12

They have so many nice options, how could they ever say no... right tweedz? ;) :mrgreen:

bugman

Post by bugman » 08 Oct 2015, 12:38

Ok,so the truth is.On this Tour we never hear songs like mirrorball,tatmau and icm. Last show proves it.i cant understand why didnt play those songs for the People! Why they dropped fantastic rock song i broadcast? Where the hell is trouble? Sorry but for me its the weakest Tour since 2009

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 08 Oct 2015, 12:50

Yes, I really thought that on this -maybe last leg of the tour- there would be some changes but not at all..and no pyongyang! :(

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Oct 2015, 13:18

bugman wrote:Ok,so the truth is.On this Tour we never hear songs like mirrorball,tatmau and icm. Last show proves it.i cant understand why didnt play those songs for the People! Why they dropped fantastic rock song i broadcast? Where the hell is trouble? Sorry but for me its the weakest Tour since 2009
The tour itself has been excellent overall to be honest but it seems they've dropped certain songs as the tour has progressed. The UK shows were probably filled with the most Magic Whip songs, Wolverhampton in particular.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 08 Oct 2015, 14:30

The sound and the video are not synchronized but.... the whole concert last night in Chile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-NiPFtpK4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 08 Oct 2015, 15:57

damn it.. second attempt to this message... ok here it goes

It was lovely last night! my throat still hurts from all the screaming and singing
The sound was really good (nothing new there) and they were in really good spirits.
Damon was really bouncy and he was such a tease, honest to god he was there to frustrate us... I guess he felt sexy xD lol all the screaming surely... he kept making these weird moves and kept running his hands all over himself, at one point Alex did just the same and people screamed/laughed :lol:

he was charming! and engaged with the public a lot, he went down to the front row sereval times.
Damon was talkative too, and at some point he said that being there (in chile) was a treat... and that he didn't felt that way often, don't know if it was for real or if he was just buttering us :p

The songs from the new album were really welcome and people did sing and cheered after each of them.

We got a repetition of these obnoxious fans getting onstage for selfies... *roll eyes* that did get some
dissaproving whistling, we don't like that crap...

But all in all was wonderful and the best part is that for some reason I got recolated to a better part and my seats were much closer to the stage =) I went with a friend who's a casual fan... she was thrilled screamed just as much as me hahaha, he was rather impressed after the dissapointment of Riahanna's concert that she had attended the previous week
Last edited by sara-m-a on 08 Oct 2015, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 08 Oct 2015, 16:14

sara-m-a wrote:Damon was talkative too, and at some point he said that being there (in chile) was a treat... and that he didn't felt that way often, don't know if it was for real or if he was just buttering us :p
Well, he visited us in 2013 with Blur, in 2014 with The Heavy Seas (and he said in November 2014 in France that the best concert of the year was here in Santiago) and last night with Blur again....so I think it's true what he said last night 8-) :P

bugman

Post by bugman » 08 Oct 2015, 19:41

tom_cas1 wrote:
bugman wrote:Ok,so the truth is.On this Tour we never hear songs like mirrorball,tatmau and icm. Last show proves it.i cant understand why didnt play those songs for the People! Why they dropped fantastic rock song i broadcast? Where the hell is trouble? Sorry but for me its the weakest Tour since 2009
The tour itself has been excellent overall to be honest but it seems they've dropped certain songs as the tour has progressed. The UK shows were probably filled with the most Magic Whip songs, Wolverhampton in particular.
but come on, even in UK, they played more TMW songs just twice!

1 new song in the setlist (stereotypes) + 4-5 from magic whip, so 80% of them we can heard since 2009 ! really cant understand why to the end is better than he thought of cars ?

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 08 Oct 2015, 19:47

Love to see them at The Roundhouse. Stunning venue and lovely sound. Brixton not so much.

Maybe an intimate gig at the union chapel, we can only dream.

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 09 Oct 2015, 15:03

popscene & advert not even part of the tour,

end of a century dropped
trouble in the message centre dropped
pyongyang dropped
he thought of cars dropped
4 of the best songs

and yet somehow ong ong and stereotypes remain

comparing current setlists to the 2012 shows its laughable

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 09 Oct 2015, 17:28

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing that I didn't spend so much on a ticket and airfare to go to the Hollywood Bowl show. That wasn't cheap, and I'm missing work for a couple of days.

The memory of the Essex warm up gig from 2009 is so fond and up close, I'm already feeling a bit disappointed. I really want more S/T, 13, and Magic Whip in the show.

Not gonna get too worked up about it, but it's kind of disappointing