The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1464
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by aldamasta » 28 Aug 2015, 22:23

Who cares if it's a money grab or not! It's another blur gig! And it might lead to the tour getting extended a bit more, which would be the best part about it.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7741
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Aug 2015, 01:05

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:This Abu Dhabi news sounds interesting but is there a large Blur fan base in Abu Dhabi? Seems like a very random place to go unless it's....$$$$$.
Formula 1, Abu Dhabi, a big bag with the dollar sign and a brand new farm for Alex. Just need to join the dots :lol:
Oh right so they're playing at the Grand Prix itself? Should have read the article properly. :lol:
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Indiana
Posts: 149
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 11:28

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Indiana » 29 Aug 2015, 06:55

Who can blame them for wanting to make as much money as possible from touring. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't come back with a new album just to please you lot :P :lol:

I think it's an unexpected choice, but also an excellent opportunity for them.
Image

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 29 Aug 2015, 12:37

I'm alright with them doing it for the money, it's their job after all and they've already toured the whole world just to grab some cash. As long as they don't become the Pixies I'm fine.

WillRobson186
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Apr 2015, 13:20

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by WillRobson186 » 29 Aug 2015, 15:16

What's wrong with Pixies?

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 29 Aug 2015, 18:28

WillRobson186 wrote:What's wrong with Pixies?
Indie Cindy and carrying on without Kim Deal.

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by davidsutter » 30 Aug 2015, 03:59

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
WillRobson186 wrote:What's wrong with Pixies?
Indie Cindy and carrying on without Kim Deal.
blur already did that in 2003

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 30 Aug 2015, 10:43

Think Tank was a great album though, while Indie Cindy is a turd.

User avatar
rich
Posts: 980
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by rich » 01 Sep 2015, 00:19

tom_cas1 wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:This Abu Dhabi news sounds interesting but is there a large Blur fan base in Abu Dhabi? Seems like a very random place to go unless it's....$$$$$.
Formula 1, Abu Dhabi, a big bag with the dollar sign and a brand new farm for Alex. Just need to join the dots :lol:
Oh right so they're playing at the Grand Prix itself? Should have read the article properly. :lol:
Abu Dhabi? hmmm - still looks a bit wishful thinking to me - journalistic speculation based on a gap in the touring schedule :roll:
http://www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyl ... n-pictures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope I'm wrong though...

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1464
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by aldamasta » 01 Sep 2015, 01:46

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Think Tank was a great album though, while Indie Cindy is a turd.
Think Tank is a fucking fantastic album. I'm not gonna complain about Pixies, however, because I got to see them live for the first time this year :D I agree about Indie City, however

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 01 Sep 2015, 17:02

aldamasta wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:Think Tank was a great album though, while Indie Cindy is a turd.
Think Tank is a fucking fantastic album. I'm not gonna complain about Pixies, however, because I got to see them live for the first time this year :D I agree about Indie City, however
Yeah, I can't complain cause I also got to see them for the first time recently but I guess I'd be pissed off if I was a diehard fan.

Wippet
Posts: 25
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 17:39

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Wippet » 03 Sep 2015, 09:49

Maybe they're not doing the gig for papes. All 4 are loaded anyway, just a chance to play a gig in a corner of the world they prob haven't been too.

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1464
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by aldamasta » 04 Sep 2015, 20:38

Wippet wrote:Maybe they're not doing the gig for papes. All 4 are loaded anyway, just a chance to play a gig in a corner of the world they prob haven't been too.
I'm sure all 4 members are doing juuuuuuust fine with money. I don't know why people here always act like they're just doing things because they need money.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7741
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 Sep 2015, 21:04

Plus who knows, maybe they'll spend 5 days in an Abu Dhabi studio... ;)
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
rich
Posts: 980
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by rich » 04 Sep 2015, 21:29

I like your thinking Tom!
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Post Reply