The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Jul 2015, 20:07

I really want to know the thinking behind NOT playing Pyongyang in the UK (apart from at MODE). Ridiculous decision looking back, it's obviously an album highlight and and even bigger live highlight. Glad it's now in there but it should have been played at the UK shows.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

bugman

Post by bugman » 26 Jul 2015, 21:50

tom_cas1 wrote:I really want to know the thinking behind NOT playing Pyongyang in the UK (apart from at MODE). Ridiculous decision looking back, it's obviously an album highlight and and even bigger live highlight. Glad it's now in there but it should have been played at the UK shows.
+there are and mirrorball (they played them only 3 times mode+ 2 shows at the beginning of the tour)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Jul 2015, 22:21

^ They were both played at Wolverhampton, great stuff. The more I think about it the more I realise that Wolverhampton was the PERFECT setlist in terms of new and old songs together. I mean:

Go Out
Song 2
Lonesome Street
Ghost Ship
Out Of Time
Coffee & TV
Thought I Was A Spaceman
Trimm Trabb
I Broadcast
Trouble In The Message Centre
Beetlebum
Tender
Mirrorball
There Are Too Many Of Us

- - Encore - -
Stereotypes
For Tomorrow
This Is A Low
Girls & Boys
Ong Ong
The Universal
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 26 Jul 2015, 22:36

I think the Wolves setlist could've been just a bit larger, but still it was a wonderful setlist!

JackS

Post by JackS » 27 Jul 2015, 07:51

tom_cas1 wrote:^ They were both played at Wolverhampton, great stuff. The more I think about it the more I realise that Wolverhampton was the PERFECT setlist in terms of new and old songs together. I mean:

Go Out
Song 2
Lonesome Street
Ghost Ship
Out Of Time
Coffee & TV
Thought I Was A Spaceman
Trimm Trabb
I Broadcast
Trouble In The Message Centre
Beetlebum
Tender
Mirrorball
There Are Too Many Of Us

- - Encore - -
Stereotypes
For Tomorrow
This Is A Low
Girls & Boys
Ong Ong
The Universal
It would be a travesty if they don't play another TMW gig, with more than 4 songs, in London to support this album.

Rhys

Post by Rhys » 27 Jul 2015, 09:07

Go Out is a perfect show opener, everything that's good about the studio version is even better live. So much energy!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Jul 2015, 18:36

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not but has anyone else noticed that Damon has changed the 1st line of Ghost Ship? Studio and live are different, I noticed it first from the Brooklyn show recording.

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 27 Jul 2015, 18:47

Really? I didnt notice that...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Jul 2015, 19:02

Yep the first line is definitely different, at least it was at Wolverhampton and Blackpool. At MODE he used the album lyric. I just heard the Hong Kong audio though and it's now back to the album lyrics, odd. Perhaps Damon just forgot the first line for a number of gigs. :lol:

Also Alex really needs to ditch the shorts and hair dye! Go grey man!

miko

Post by miko » 27 Jul 2015, 19:17

tom_cas1 wrote:
The red ones from Sydney gig were the best....not :lol: Oh he'll never change...

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 27 Jul 2015, 19:50

miko wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:
The red ones from Sydney gig were the best....not :lol: Oh he'll never change...
Bring back the good old times when we chatted about the colour of Damon's underwear

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 27 Jul 2015, 21:07

Alex said to a Chilean newspaper that TMW is an album that works pretty well live, every song works great except for "Ice Cream Man, but we keep working on that one hahaha!"

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/entret ... para.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 27 Jul 2015, 21:18

I don't know why is that complicated to perform live ice cream man...I remember the Mode audio concert and it sounds good to me....

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Jul 2015, 22:00

AstronomyD81 wrote:I don't know why is that complicated to perform live ice cream man...I remember the Mode audio concert and it sounds good to me....
It was the show highlight for me, alongside Pyongyang. I was singing Ice Cream Man in my head for weeks after the MODE show. SO GOOD! I'm really stumped too, seems really odd that they aren't playing it at all. One performance of the song at MODE and now nothing. It's the new Caramel.

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 28 Jul 2015, 10:53

miko wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:
I'll be surprised if Damon dyes his barnet too.