The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

miko

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by miko » 17 Jun 2015, 11:22

TripleJay97 wrote:Let's face it, it will probably be Muse.
twostep wrote:It's just been announced that Florence + The Machine are doing it
double resounding bleh!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 17 Jun 2015, 11:29

Florence and the Machine headlining Glastonbury... I know it's through misfortune, but how underwhelming is that for anyone going? Total rubbish.

Macducci

Post by Macducci » 17 Jun 2015, 11:37

i like Florence, but come on

thespider

Post by thespider » 17 Jun 2015, 12:22

Florence and the Machine rather than Foo Fighters. I'd stay in my tent for that one

JackS

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 12:41

thespider wrote:Florence and the Machine rather than Foo Fighters. I'd stay in my tent for that one
Not much else on at the same time from the lineup. Rudimental headlining The Other Stage, which is ridiculous.

Hot Chip are on West Holts at the same time, and they are usually good live, but still - an underwhelming choice for Friday night.

edit: Super Furry Animals on the Park Stage, I know where I'd be!

souvlaki

Post by souvlaki » 17 Jun 2015, 13:18

the most recent Blur email announcing the NY and LA shows refer to them as "the only currently scheduled US shows" so maybe more on the way?

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 17 Jun 2015, 14:09

Given how they've announced shows this year, I'd almost guarantee it. Makes me want to hold off on buying NYC tickets to see what else pops up, but I don't want to be left out in the cold if there isn't another one close to me. But I'd REALLY like to not have to go to NYC, and MSG is not a venue I'm looking forward to...

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 17 Jun 2015, 14:29

Man, I really wish I had an American Express card so I could get presale tickets. Like you,Drew, I'm not crazy about MSG. I saw Gorillaz there and nearly got kicked out for taking photos (ok so that was my fault) but I'm amazed that I was able to sneak my camera in as they really checked my bag, a lot of other places don't care. Plus, MSG is expensive as hell.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 17 Jun 2015, 15:15

For me it's just the experience...I prefer club and theatre gigs to arenas, unless it's a huge act where I have to see an arena show (Who, Rush, Page and Plant, REM). I mean, if I have to go to MSG, I will, but if I have other options after I buy tickets, I'll explore them for sure. Not crazy about getting into and out of Manhattan either...

claz103

Post by claz103 » 17 Jun 2015, 15:20

Hey everyone! Been lurking for a while, first post. I wish I had an Amex too! Was just on ticketmaster and it seems like there's no standing tickets left because of this bloody presale. Does anyone know do they hold back tickets for general sale or is that actually all the standing tickets gone? I'm hoping there'll still be decent tickets left on Saturday

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 17 Jun 2015, 15:22

No clue...we'll see. Nice trick, having a presale only for those who have the least common credit card. Don't do a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover presale..AmEx! The only AmEx card I've ever had in my entire life is my current corporate card and it's not like I could use that for these bloody tickets! :evil: :lol:

claz103

Post by claz103 » 17 Jun 2015, 15:48

These presales are always quite unfair. Haha I'd be so tempted to use the corporate card if I had one. I can't complain cos I managed to go to the show in Brooklyn but I really want to see them do a full show. I'm from Ireland but I've been away for Blur's recent shows there (apart from 2009 of which I have a foggy memory) so I was very excited when they announced MSG. Blur and Beck would be a dream!

downisthenewup

Post by downisthenewup » 17 Jun 2015, 15:49

claz103 wrote:Hey everyone! Been lurking for a while, first post. I wish I had an Amex too! Was just on ticketmaster and it seems like there's no standing tickets left because of this bloody presale. Does anyone know do they hold back tickets for general sale or is that actually all the standing tickets gone? I'm hoping there'll still be decent tickets left on Saturday
There's no way that presale was any more than 10% of the total tickets. I called the venue and they said that sections A, B, and C (the three directly in front of the stage) will be standing only. D, E, and F will be seated according the the MSG rep I spoke with. Ticketmaster apparently has the wrong seating chart on their site and are working to correct it. Totally confusing. I'll be trying for 3 GA's during the Friday presale. Also, did anyone else find the wording of Blur's email today intersting?

"Tickets to the shows - the biggest standalone headlines blur has ever played in the U.S. and the band's only currently scheduled Stateside dates - will be on sale 10am local time June 20 here."

Makes me wonder if I should fly up to NYC for a huge arena show or wait for a smaller venue next year.

UPDATE: MSG just called me again to say that the seating chart is still incorrect on TM's site as of 10:55 am CST. She said her supervisor was currently talking to TM.
Last edited by downisthenewup on 17 Jun 2015, 15:59, edited 3 times in total.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 17 Jun 2015, 15:54

downisthenewup wrote:
claz103 wrote:Hey everyone! Been lurking for a while, first post. I wish I had an Amex too! Was just on ticketmaster and it seems like there's no standing tickets left because of this bloody presale. Does anyone know do they hold back tickets for general sale or is that actually all the standing tickets gone? I'm hoping there'll still be decent tickets left on Saturday
There's no way that presale was any more than 10% of the total tickets. I called the venue and they said that sections A, B, and C (the three directly in front of the stage) will be standing only. D, E, and F will be seated according the the MSG rep I spoke with. Ticketmaster apparently has it wrong on their site and are working to correct it. Totally confusing. I'll be trying for 3 GA's during the Friday presale. Also, did anyone else find the wording of Blur's email today intersting?

"Tickets to the shows - the biggest standalone headlines blur has ever played in the U.S. and the band's only currently scheduled Stateside dates - will be on sale 10am local time June 20 here."

Makes me wonder if I should fly up to NYC for a huge arena show or wait for a smaller venue next year.
Same here...my only fear is passing on MSG and then having nothing to choose from after...I'd hate to miss out. Sucks to have to make such an uninformed decision, doesn't it?

downisthenewup

Post by downisthenewup » 17 Jun 2015, 16:07

MrMagpie wrote:
downisthenewup wrote:
There's no way that presale was any more than 10% of the total tickets. I called the venue and they said that sections A, B, and C (the three directly in front of the stage) will be standing only. D, E, and F will be seated according the the MSG rep I spoke with. Ticketmaster apparently has it wrong on their site and are working to correct it. Totally confusing. I'll be trying for 3 GA's during the Friday presale. Also, did anyone else find the wording of Blur's email today intersting?

Same here...my only fear is passing on MSG and then having nothing to choose from after...I'd hate to miss out. Sucks to have to make such an uninformed decision, doesn't it?
Yea, I feel like I can't risk it. I've never had the chance to see them live (was 15 last time they did a proper US tour). Most likely going to pull the trigger even though I'm thinking they'll tour here next year. What was it Dave said about the prospect of a US tour?