The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

beats

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by beats » 30 Apr 2015, 14:26

Indiana wrote:Who is seriously doubting there will be UK shows though?

What people are wondering is whether anything will happen here before HP, that's all.
This

essex-dogs

Post by essex-dogs » 30 Apr 2015, 14:36

Good afternoon, I bring good news:
Blur is confirmed to play Brazil, Chile and Argentina (Chile was already confirmed yesterday I guess, right?). I'm gonna give the same speech I gave 2 years ago: There's this big journalist here in Brazil called José Norberto Flesch and he's the one who confirms which concerts are going to happen, from Pop to Metal. He was the guy who confirmed Blur at Planeta Terra Festival in 2013 as well. So it's 100% trustable

https://twitter.com/jnflesch/status/593771560797904896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have patience and a good portuguese translator, he's been talking about it and you can have a read. But I can say it's official! Give it time till more pieces of information are confirmed (where it's going to be, how much it'll cost etc)

:D :D :D

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 14:42

^ We know about Chile and Mexico but haven't heart about Brazil or Argentina yet. Can you confirm dates/venues with us?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 30 Apr 2015, 14:45

essex-dogs wrote:(Chile was already confirmed yesterday I guess, right?).
Today morning actually. :P

Macducci

Post by Macducci » 30 Apr 2015, 15:04

FUCK YEAH, this guy rarely makes mistakes, it's a really reliable source

essex-dogs

Post by essex-dogs » 30 Apr 2015, 15:09

tom_cas1 wrote:^ We know about Chile and Mexico but haven't heart about Brazil or Argentina yet. Can you confirm dates/venues with us?
We don't have details yet, but it seems that they have 2-3 concerts scheduled to happen (this is what other journalist has said here http://www.popload.com.br/blur-no-brasi ... other-way/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - but I don't believe) and the fans are guessing the place. It's probably going to be a festival and by October we have a festival called CBB (Circuito Banco do Brasil), which has already brought artists like MGMT, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Stevie Wonder etc (but again, this is something I don't think as well)

As soon as we get more info, I'll post here

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 15:11

Thanks chief! :)
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 30 Apr 2015, 15:28

Jensen wrote:
beats wrote:
Jensen wrote:Are there any Hyde Park tickets left? Because if they don't announce something else (warm ups, tour, whatever) in May I will consider going there...
Plenty I think. I was thinking they are holding off as long as possible so people maybe think along the lines that you have!
Yes, that's the reason I thought they were waiting to announce the warm-ups in Scotland and Wales, but June is so close already and at this point I don't even know if there will be any :?

I still don't know if I'll be able to attend Hyde Park because it's very expensive, but I really need to see them play The Magic Whip live...Why can't they announce new dates already? :(
Heard on good authority that none of the BST gigs are selling well at all, (Crap sound and venue must have something to do with it) Blur included...maybe hold off as they might drop the prices.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 15:30

Someone said they released £5 tickets last time. If so, I'll take one! Although people who paid £80 will have been screwed over big time.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 30 Apr 2015, 15:44

tom_cas1 wrote:Someone said they released £5 tickets last time. If so, I'll take one! Although people who paid £80 will have been screwed over big time.

I actually cancelled my original order and purchased the Joint ticket offer (going to Beck/Strokes, etc)... But now that even appears to be an immense ripoff!

tender

Post by tender » 30 Apr 2015, 15:49

Dave said in the morning they will be a few warm ups , so they will definitely be , but no doubt as they will sell out they will leave them until last minute to help HP sales.

Shame that HP isn´t selling well, no doubt that is a bit of a damper on the group

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 30 Apr 2015, 15:56

tom_cas1 wrote:Someone said they released £5 tickets last time. If so, I'll take one! Although people who paid £80 will have been screwed over big time.
Arcade Fire wasn't it?

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 30 Apr 2015, 16:00

Wippet wrote:
Arcade Fire wasn't it?
Yeah, and Black Sabbath I think.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 30 Apr 2015, 16:13

Yeah I went last year to hyde park for black sabbath and paid £65. A week later tickets went for £2.50 as a staff link was leaked.
Btw alex tweeted a picture of Bournemouth earlier.. Possible show there?
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 30 Apr 2015, 16:15

Even if Ozzy can't sing anymore that's still a helluva deal!