The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rosie

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Rosie » 13 Apr 2015, 10:30

Thank-you!! And I'm sure you too are going to have a great night!! ;)

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 13 Apr 2015, 11:11

^ Hope you all enjoy it. I'm sure you will. :D :D

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 13 Apr 2015, 13:42

Indiana wrote:Oh, come on, be patient, we don't know anything yet, give them a vote of confidence.
Let me put it this way...had they not played Coachella in 2013, I'd be convinced they'd finally come back here to promote the new record. But since they did come and play in 2013 and went down like a lead balloon, at least in their own minds, I think there is slightly more than a 0% chance. And honestly, I'm fine with that. Had this been 2 years ago I'd have been apoplectic but I've mellowed a bit and moved on. I still love Blur and CANNOT WAIT for the new album but if I never get to see them live again, oh well. Life goes on and there are other bands I'll go see instead. It's all good 8-)

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

tender

Post by tender » 13 Apr 2015, 14:16

Does anybody think that if they missed the boat on this year´s major festival circuit because of timing and the surprise fact of the record, that the main tour of The Magic Whip can take place next year? Reviews are very positive so perhaps next year big tour :?: :?: :?:

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 13 Apr 2015, 14:19

It's all about timing. Had they released a record shortly after the reunion, they would be selling out venues all around the world. But after six years and having headlined a few big festivals, maybe the hype around them in North America is gone, at least with casual listeners. But they need to tour Europe other than festivals, they have a very strong fanbase in Spain, Italy, Germany, etc and they haven't visited these countries on their own for a long time. I don't think they would have any problem selling 10/15k venues in Europe after all.

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 13 Apr 2015, 14:26

tender wrote:Does anybody think that if they missed the boat on this year´s major festival circuit because of timing and the surprise fact of the record, that the main tour of The Magic Whip can take place next year? Reviews are very positive so perhaps next year big tour :?: :?: :?:
I definitely think they missed the boat, especially when it comes to the Summer festivals. But the odds of Blur touring next year are slim to none as Damon will be busy with Gorillaz, among other projects.

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 13 Apr 2015, 14:38

But they said in many interviews that they have no intention to go for a big tour again, didn't they.
Those endless tours kind of killed blur at some point, i don't think they are very keen on spending years on the road again and playing different cities/countries everynight.
I really don't think they'll be playing until next summer, especially with damon being busy with all his projects

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 13 Apr 2015, 14:46

^You all make great points that I agree with...I was going to quote them but there's too many. I think people need to start believing what's in front of them and what the band have actually said vs. what we all hope will happen. I'd love to be surprised and proven wrong but until then, I'm going with Occam's Razor and the available facts.

tender

Post by tender » 13 Apr 2015, 20:39

MrMagpie wrote: I think people need to start believing what's in front of them and what the band have actually said vs. what we all hope will happen.
that´s true but how many times have the band said something and then the exact opposite happens.

Look not trying to sound naive, perfectly content with having a record and being able to watch the band play this record at least once, festival date, club, arena or in my garage if they would like to but it´s just that I believe it´s a very good record and perhaps they would want to tour it too, not a massive tour like TT but something reasonable, there´s no question they can tour Europe this fall but outside of Europe I think they way to go would be festivals .

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 14 Apr 2015, 01:43

101reykjavik wrote:^ Hope you all enjoy it. I'm sure you will. :D :D
Thanks! :D

"Cette manifestation n'est plus disponible"

>> so, looks like Zénith de Paris' tickets sold out within a few hours. Great news for the boys, isn't it? :P

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 14 Apr 2015, 06:11

Legless Owl wrote: "Cette manifestation n'est plus disponible"

>> so, looks like Zénith de Paris' tickets sold out within a few hours. Great news for the boys, isn't it? :P
Yes, great news! I think there will be a very exicted group of people to the gig, seeing how fast they sold! :P
And I'm so glad I have managed to grab my tickets: if I had lost this occasion to see them I could have not forgiven myself! 8-)

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 14 Apr 2015, 13:38

tender wrote:
MrMagpie wrote: I think people need to start believing what's in front of them and what the band have actually said vs. what we all hope will happen.
that´s true but how many times have the band said something and then the exact opposite happens.
In the case of playing in America, they've been pretty consistent with what they've said and done since 2003 :lol: ;)

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 14 Apr 2015, 13:44

So Glastonbury......

I know Dave said they weren't, but rumour is that the third headliner won't be announced until June as the artist has other dates going on.

I imagine Blur would love to do Glastonbury again and the delayed announcement could be an agreement due to the British Summer Festival having not sold out?

The band have also bemoaned that they had kind of missed the boat with the festival season, however it is being suggested that the final headliner has only recently been booked for Glastonbury which would make sense.

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 14 Apr 2015, 14:18

Plans for these kind of things are always subject to change, but generally speaking if Dave says something it's well considered and usually safe to take as gospel. COuld well be that IOW or the BST thing included some kind of exclusivity clause/bonus

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 14 Apr 2015, 14:24

dougharrison wrote:Plans for these kind of things are always subject to change, but generally speaking if Dave says something it's well considered and usually safe to take as gospel. COuld well be that IOW or the BST thing included some kind of exclusivity clause/bonus
Usually I'd agree, but it could be at that point they were not the third headliner and what Dave was saying at that point could have been true.

They are having to plan this at such sort notice that things could have changed.