Blur - The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rubi

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip (iTunes Stream Now Live)

Post by Rubi » 24 Apr 2015, 20:44

Sledge Hammer wrote:Awesome instrumental...cheers!
Listening to it now, so good!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Apr 2015, 20:50

I'm really digging the radio edit, first time I'm hearing it.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sean

Post by Sean » 24 Apr 2015, 20:54

Thanks for those - love the instrumental. Graham's guitar part during his Syd bit is lovely and crackers.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Apr 2015, 20:59

Sean wrote:Thanks for those - love the instrumental. Graham's guitar part during his Syd bit is lovely and crackers.
Thought that myself. You can't really make it out with the singing - was quite unexpected but it's great.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Apr 2015, 21:45

I take it the Graham singing part is a section Graham wrote himself? Definitely sounds like a Graham only piece. Love Alex's bass during it.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Salmon

Post by Salmon » 24 Apr 2015, 21:59

tom_cas1 wrote:I take it the Graham singing part is a section Graham wrote himself? Definitely sounds like a Graham only piece. Love Alex's bass during it.
I seem to vaguely recall some interview where Graham mentions that it was written/added in after the initial Hong Kong sessions?

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Apr 2015, 22:34

Salmon wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I take it the Graham singing part is a section Graham wrote himself? Definitely sounds like a Graham only piece. Love Alex's bass during it.
I seem to vaguely recall some interview where Graham mentions that it was written/added in after the initial Hong Kong sessions?
I think so yes. He said something about working with Streety and having the idea to do something a little bit Syd Barrett-esque and then decided to go all out.

Sean

Post by Sean » 24 Apr 2015, 22:36

101reykjavik wrote:
Salmon wrote:
I think so yes. He said something about working with Streety and having the idea to do something a little bit Syd Barrett-esque and then decided to go all out.
Yep that's exactly it, that bit is squarely Graham's.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Levitz

Post by Levitz » 24 Apr 2015, 22:54

He loves a bit of Syd...

I've seen people on tw*tt*r etc say they normally like Blur and then say they don't like x new song or the new album, I can only assume they have only heard Parklife or the Great Escape. This album is so Blur, for anyone who cares to enjoy their back catalogue, it's sounds such a natural progression. It's immense.

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 25 Apr 2015, 05:43

Absolutely love the LS instrumental! Thanks for sharing! :D

Btw, i was just wondering, do the radios air other songs than LS where you live?

I only listen to the radio when I'm driving, and I was so excited yesterday when I picked up my son at school and started the engine, MTH was on the radio (I live in France but listen to a belgian radio called Classic 21) I had a big smile plastered on my face on the way back home.

Plus my 5 year old recognized the song after three notes and was about as excited as I was :lol: He was like "Hey! But that's the song whose lyrics were written by Damon for Graham!" Good boy! :mrgreen:

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Apr 2015, 08:13

Legless Owl wrote:Absolutely love the LS instrumental! Thanks for sharing! :D

Btw, i was just wondering, do the radios air other songs than LS where you live?

I only listen to the radio when I'm driving, and I was so excited yesterday when I picked up my son at school and started the engine, MTH was on the radio (I live in France but listen to a belgian radio called Classic 21) I had a big smile plastered on my face on the way back home.

Plus my 5 year old recognized the song after three notes and was about as excited as I was :lol: He was like "Hey! But that's the song whose lyrics were written by Damon for Graham!" Good boy! :mrgreen:
You have him well trained! :lol:

munch

Post by munch » 25 Apr 2015, 09:49

If anyone wants to see what the CD looks like click HEEEReeeeee
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDZy1eVUIAAz409.jpg
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 25 Apr 2015, 09:51

OMFG

YES

author_unknown

Post by author_unknown » 25 Apr 2015, 10:30

Any other UK'ers had their copy delivered early? :shock: Nice surprise for a Saturday morning! ;)
put some lipstick on; at least your lies will be pretty

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Apr 2015, 11:06

author_unknown wrote:Any other UK'ers had their copy delivered early? :shock: Nice surprise for a Saturday morning! ;)
Really? Bugger. Had mine delivered to work, so it just may be sat there now in the postbox. :(