Blur - The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Jensen

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Jensen » 19 Apr 2015, 22:25

metalhipslop wrote:
i probably can't be bothered with this way of a first listen to an album. different timezones, different shows, djs, it being throughout the day makes it hard for me to follow.
hopefully it will be be leaked as a nice full download tomorrow or i'll wait for the supposed itunes stream on tuesday
Same for me. I could only listen to the radio through the web I guess, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to listen and if I'll be lucky enough to catch any new song. I can only hope someone records and uploads Pyongyang at least. Otherwise... WAIT A LITTLE MORE

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 19 Apr 2015, 22:33

Hey guys! some kind soul translated the french arcticle from rolling stones, I can't tell whether the translator is a poetess or the guys really did speak so nicely
https://damondaysarchive.wordpress.com/ ... -may-2015/

unheard78

Post by unheard78 » 19 Apr 2015, 22:36

TripleJay97 wrote:I wonder what time the iTunes stream will actually start? Is it a Midnight GMT thing, or is there a spec. time?
Totally confused about the Chin killing 1.2 billion communists image, though that does sound like a "unique" game to be certain.

That said, I'm still confused why the stream would be on the 21st. Records drop in the UK on Mondays, and streams usually pop on Mondays. I'm more inclined to believe it popping-up on Spotify, NPR or whatever first thing in the morning, just like everything else does. iTunes starts streams later in the evening, at least in the US.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Apr 2015, 22:42

They wouldn't put stream info on a poster if it wasn't happening. More likely that the Blur promotion people have cocked up and haven't mentioned it online yet. Mind boggling.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 19 Apr 2015, 22:44

unheard78 wrote:Totally confused about the Chin killing 1.2 billion communists image, though that does sound like a "unique" game to be certain.
Check out the game Hong Kong 97, you won't regret it :lol:

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 19 Apr 2015, 22:57

sara-m-a wrote:Hey guys! some kind soul translated the french arcticle from rolling stones, I can't tell whether the translator is a poetess or the guys really did speak so nicely
https://damondaysarchive.wordpress.com/ ... -may-2015/
Wonderful. Thank you! :)

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 19 Apr 2015, 23:16

Tomorrow I'll start compulsively checking iTunes and Spotify until something else is revealed :mrgreen: :?

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 19 Apr 2015, 23:18

tom_cas1 wrote:They wouldn't put stream info on a poster if it wasn't happening. More likely that the Blur promotion people have cocked up and haven't mentioned it online yet. Mind boggling.
Could it be that the posters are outdated and nobody bothers to change them?

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 19 Apr 2015, 23:23

Veikko wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:They wouldn't put stream info on a poster if it wasn't happening. More likely that the Blur promotion people have cocked up and haven't mentioned it online yet. Mind boggling.
JUST IMAGINE

That'd be terrible! I'm counting on the iTunes stream so bad :(

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 19 Apr 2015, 23:24

it could be that the management or whatever wants to keep it a secret until the 21st that is why they aren't announcing it? like a surprise thing

i think it will stream on itunes tuesday because that is a common thing to do now, and it is being played on the radio the day before.
Last edited by metalhipslop on 19 Apr 2015, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 19 Apr 2015, 23:25

Veikko wrote:
Shouldn't be. Poster sites are booked months in advance for blocks of weeks. Unless you had an unpopular poster site with no further bookings (unlikely on the tube), it would be down and something else up once it was past its sell by date.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 19 Apr 2015, 23:40

metalhipslop wrote:it could be that the management or whatever wants to keep it a secret until the 21st that is why they aren't announcing it? like a surprise thing
If that's true, they haven't done a fantastic job :lol:

I really hope it does stream though. Not that it matters, we'll have the radio rips :P

munch

Post by munch » 20 Apr 2015, 00:30

It will out soon anyway guys! Not long. :lol:
Really hoping we get a lyrics book. There are some songs, like Ong Ong i really want to know what he is is saying
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 20 Apr 2015, 00:43

munch wrote:It will out soon anyway guys! Not long. :lol:
Really hoping we get a lyrics book. There are some songs, like Ong Ong i really want to know what he is is saying
Yesssss I hope so. I can't understand parts of the chorus, I need help :P

Jakob

Post by Jakob » 20 Apr 2015, 03:38

lalalalalalalalalala, i wanna be with Hugh.

there ya go.