Blur - The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Jensen

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Jensen » 18 Apr 2015, 09:04

Thing with I Broadcast is, I thought it would be like BLUREMI and it's moré like... On Your Own ¿? I don't know, it's hard to describe songs XDD

This was bound to happen after we got so used lo the live versions. Some songs are more similar, like Ong Ong. But for me I Broadcast and My Terracotta Heart have completely different vibes. But I have to say I love them all, so for me it's like we have four new songs instead of two. All gain for us! :mrgreen:

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 18 Apr 2015, 09:05

Trying to resist listening to the studio versions of MTH, I Broadcast and Ong Ong until Tuesday at least, but it's so tempting...

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 18 Apr 2015, 09:26

Jensen wrote:Thing with I Broadcast is, I thought it would be like BLUREMI and it's moré like... On Your Own ¿? I don't know, it's hard to describe songs XDD
That does happen often with fast Bur songs. Popscene, Jubilee, Never Clever, Chinese Bombs, even Parklife, they play them much faster live.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 18 Apr 2015, 09:44

Rubi wrote:
Jensen wrote:Thing with I Broadcast is, I thought it would be like BLUREMI and it's moré like... On Your Own ¿? I don't know, it's hard to describe songs XDD
That does happen often with fast Bur songs. Popscene, Jubilee, Never Clever, Chinese Bombs, even Parklife, they play them much faster live.
True! The only difference is that this time we got introduced to the "faster" version before, but there are a lot of things being different in the release of this album so we'll have to take it as it comes :)

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 18 Apr 2015, 09:54

Studio version of My Terracotta Heart is beautiful, love it.

Although some things seem to have been a bit last minute, I have to say I think the promotion of the album has been pretty good.
They are doing different things and covering a lot of angles, ok the promo videos for the songs are not the best, but it is not an as effective tool these days anyway. The Ice-cream trucks in LA is a great idea!! I really hope the album does well in the US this time, it really deserves to, hopefully Damon's profile over there will help it to sell although I know Plastic Beach flopped.

Having heard live versions and four studio versions I know this is going to be an incredible album, I will be buying several copies for people who I think will appreciate the album but maybe wouldn't have bothered buying it.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 18 Apr 2015, 10:10

Plastic Beach was hardly a flop though.

Blurcast

Post by Blurcast » 18 Apr 2015, 10:11

Ah, darn it.... Anyone have I Broadcast and Ong Ong studios they fancy sharing? Missed em on iTunes last night. Thank you please. X

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 18 Apr 2015, 10:38

Lads, I had a dream last night that The Magic Whip leaked and I was downloading the shit out of it. :oops:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 18 Apr 2015, 10:40

Sledge Hammer wrote:You know i'm no fan of Everyday Robots but My Terracotta Hearts is great! not heard the studio version of I Broadcast but not happy with what you guys are saying...slower? not as much energy? god damn I love Blur's punky stuff so after hearing the brilliant live performance this could be a shame...
Ignore what some people are saying about I Broadcast. It's great!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 18 Apr 2015, 10:49

Blurcast wrote:Ah, darn it.... Anyone have I Broadcast and Ong Ong studios they fancy sharing? Missed em on iTunes last night. Thank you please. X
Oh yeah, that's weird how they've taken them down now.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 18 Apr 2015, 10:50

My Name Is Mud wrote:Lads, I had a dream last night that The Magic Whip leaked and I was downloading the shit out of it. :oops:
Your brain is betraying you!!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 18 Apr 2015, 10:52

Jensen wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:Lads, I had a dream last night that The Magic Whip leaked and I was downloading the shit out of it. :oops:
Your brain is betraying you!!
I've been having that dream since early March :lol: :cry:

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 18 Apr 2015, 10:58

Ha ha soon boys, soon! :)

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 18 Apr 2015, 10:58

tom_cas1 wrote:
Sledge Hammer wrote:You know i'm no fan of Everyday Robots but My Terracotta Hearts is great! not heard the studio version of I Broadcast but not happy with what you guys are saying...slower? not as much energy? god damn I love Blur's punky stuff so after hearing the brilliant live performance this could be a shame...
Ignore what some people are saying about I Broadcast. It's great!
Bless you and your positivity, Tom. :)

munch

Post by munch » 18 Apr 2015, 11:21

After listening to both studio versions (Ong Ong and I Broadcast) I love them both so so much. They are amazing and in my humble opinion way better than listening to the live recordings.

Also you can really hear that hong kong recording studio/ limited instruments sound in these versions
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man