Blur - The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
rich
Posts: 953
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by rich » 20 Mar 2015, 15:07

dparrott wrote:Are we commenting on the new song, or should we not spoil it?
you means today's new song - certainly - see http://vblurpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1933
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by My Name Is Mud » 20 Mar 2015, 19:44

bugman wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:I'll be getting the album on the 24th rather than the 27th. This is one thing I love about Ireland. Always 3 days early for us! :)
Not only there. Germany, Poland also
Wahey! G'wan the lads! :)
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Mar 2015, 13:09

After hearing Lonesome Street last night, I WILL be listening to it on Monday!! AMAZING SONG. Very interested to hear it in a studio setting.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by My Name Is Mud » 21 Mar 2015, 13:19

Gasping to hear this. As has been said many times, the album opener has been consistently brilliant on all albums so far.
Image

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1910
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Rubi » 21 Mar 2015, 13:22

Man, when you realize there are still five weeks left before the album is released... Argh!

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Mar 2015, 13:49

Rubi wrote:Man, when you realize there are still five weeks left before the album is released... Argh!
I know - I want it March 27th not April!!
Image

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by My Name Is Mud » 21 Mar 2015, 14:19

Sure at least we'll have a live version to tide us over after Wednesday anyway!
Image

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7040
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by TripleJay97 » 22 Mar 2015, 08:20

I'm very impressed with the amount of times Graham was allocated vocals in the live show! I hope this is consistent with the album :D
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Mar 2015, 08:44

TripleJay97 wrote:I'm very impressed with the amount of times Graham was allocated vocals in the live show! I hope this is consistent with the album :D
Well, seeing as it was Graham who pulled this thing together in the studio, it would make perfect sense that he is more to the fore than usual. I too hope the recorded versions bear this out - would be cool to have the vocal duties shared a tiny bit more.
Image

Daysleeper
Posts: 213
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 15:45

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Daysleeper » 22 Mar 2015, 10:25

101reykjavik wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:I'm very impressed with the amount of times Graham was allocated vocals in the live show! I hope this is consistent with the album :D
Well, seeing as it was Graham who pulled this thing together in the studio, it would make perfect sense that he is more to the fore than usual. I too hope the recorded versions bear this out - would be cool to have the vocal duties shared a tiny bit more.
I hope not personally, Damon's voice is much stronger than Graham's and as much as I love Graham, I think Damon's vocals adds extra depth to the songs.
Even on Coffee and TV the best part for me is the chorus part when Damon sings.

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by My Name Is Mud » 22 Mar 2015, 12:15

The anticipation for this has reached fever pitch at this stage. I've actually checked several times for a leak of the album over the last day or two. :oops:
Image

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by davidsutter » 22 Mar 2015, 13:27

Daysleeper wrote:
101reykjavik wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:I'm very impressed with the amount of times Graham was allocated vocals in the live show! I hope this is consistent with the album :D
Well, seeing as it was Graham who pulled this thing together in the studio, it would make perfect sense that he is more to the fore than usual. I too hope the recorded versions bear this out - would be cool to have the vocal duties shared a tiny bit more.
I hope not personally, Damon's voice is much stronger than Graham's and as much as I love Graham, I think Damon's vocals adds extra depth to the songs.
Even on Coffee and TV the best part for me is the chorus part when Damon sings.
He sings about as much on this stuff as he does on 13. I think that's fine.

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Jensen » 22 Mar 2015, 13:44

I'm perfectly fine with Graham singing :D It adds a different touch here and there.
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Mar 2015, 14:10

Jensen wrote:I'm perfectly fine with Graham singing :D It adds a different touch here and there.
Exactly that.
Image

User avatar
goadamn
Posts: 79
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 17:56

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by goadamn » 22 Mar 2015, 15:38

davidsutter wrote:
Daysleeper wrote: I hope not personally, Damon's voice is much stronger than Graham's and as much as I love Graham, I think Damon's vocals adds extra depth to the songs.
Even on Coffee and TV the best part for me is the chorus part when Damon sings.
He sings about as much on this stuff as he does on 13. I think that's fine.
I love Graham singing.
His songs on 13 and Blur are all great and it pleases me to hear that he has a bit of lead time on here too.
The albums don't need to be 50/50 splits between them, but it's nice to have the different timbre of Graham
=)

Post Reply