GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

aldamasta

Re: GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread

Post by aldamasta » 18 Oct 2017, 17:59

Wow! That's really great.

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 18 Oct 2017, 20:44

awesome! well deserved
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 31 Oct 2017, 16:14

surprised no one's talking about Garage Palace
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

bugman

Post by bugman » 31 Oct 2017, 16:28

Forever Low Man wrote:surprised no one's talking about Garage Palace
cos it's shit ? worst track from humanz era.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 31 Oct 2017, 16:52

I think it's sooooo good live. Just a giant party, really. It was one of my favorite moments from the Chicago gig. But the studio version just sounds so stale! That's so disappointing. Gonna have to go listen to the live version from Demon Dayz again...

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 31 Oct 2017, 17:13

it's great for what it is. a lil simz track produced by damon albarn. lil simz sounds fantastic on this and damon's beat is insane

probably not the best choice for a single since gorillaz fans like 2d's vocal melodies more than anything.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 31 Oct 2017, 17:17

It's a cool little song but it doesn't really have a Gorillaz feel.
Like the only consistent thing with Gorillaz is good hooks and this is just a beat and some rapping.

It's good for what it is, though. The video's really cool, probably better than the Strobelite one.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Oct 2017, 19:05

Fucking dreadful. Doesn't sound like Gorillaz, shit video, crap vocals. Weak as a rats fart. Time to leave Gorillaz behind and get back to making good music...if he can. Hopefully he re-finds his form with TGTB&TQ.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

bugman

Post by bugman » 31 Oct 2017, 19:13

super deluxe humanz edition are just sent !

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 31 Oct 2017, 19:20

tom_cas1 wrote:Fucking dreadful. Doesn't sound like Gorillaz, shit video, crap vocals. Weak as a rats fart. Time to leave Gorillaz behind and get back to making good music...if he can. Hopefully he re-finds his form with TGTB&TQ.
Lol Tom, you went from abs loving Humanz to now dissing it more than me, good effort! :D

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 31 Oct 2017, 19:44

Sledge Hammer wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Fucking dreadful. Doesn't sound like Gorillaz, shit video, crap vocals. Weak as a rats fart. Time to leave Gorillaz behind and get back to making good music...if he can. Hopefully he re-finds his form with TGTB&TQ.
Lol Tom, you went from abs loving Humanz to now dissing it more than me, good effort! :D
you and tom are the same person. it was bound to happen.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Oct 2017, 20:10

Sledge Hammer wrote:
Humanz as a whole doesn't work compared to previous albums but I still enjoy individual songs on it. This though is utter shite. Extremely disappointing especially considering how great and GORILLAZ SOUNDING Sleeping Powder is.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 31 Oct 2017, 20:23

tom_cas1 wrote:
Sledge Hammer wrote:
Humanz as a whole doesn't work compared to previous albums but I still enjoy individual songs on it. This though is utter shite. Extremely disappointing especially considering how great and GORILLAZ SOUNDING Sleeping Powder is.
Yeah it's terrible, but just sounds like 80% of Humanz to me.

munch

Post by munch » 01 Nov 2017, 01:04

pretty cool song and great visuals. shame jamies not involved but oh well.

The only issue with the song is it never builds to anything, like a nice bridge or chorus or throw in a nice damon vocal. it needs a bit where it chills out to fill the song up a bit more.

other than that its a reall cool rap and good instrumental so cool dude
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Nov 2017, 17:22

Sledge Hammer wrote:Yeah it's terrible, but just sounds like 80% of Humanz to me.
Most of the Humanz tracks do have a Gorillaz sound although less so than previous albums. This track could be any artist. If you played it to me and didn't tell me it was Gorillaz or that Damon was on it, it could be anyone. I wonder if people here would like it so much if another artist had released it...