GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Indiana

Re: Gorillaz - Phase 4?

Post by Indiana » 02 Feb 2015, 14:38

aldamasta wrote: And I guess people weren't really mean to Graham, just negative.
Well, I don't mean to nit-pick but he was called a bloody fake and a troll, and sent to the troll bin - all this without any actual trolling behaviour on his part... it's all there!

I do see your point but perhaps it would be wise to have some concrete proof before jumping to conclusions, give people the benefit of the doubt, etc...

It's all water under the bridge now anyway! x
Last edited by Indiana on 02 Feb 2015, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

maffed

Post by maffed » 02 Feb 2015, 14:50

I don't think any other people in the position of Tweedz and BillytheFish would be as kind as they are, if we were in another forum. We're truly lucky!! Thank you very much!
By the way, while I never got the chance to meet Graham (even though two years ago I tried to make it possible by staying in the queue from early morning in the place blur played), I met Smoggy this summer and he was very kind!!
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 02 Feb 2015, 15:42

Smoggy is THE man. He made sure on two separate occasions that I got to shake Damon's hand an exchange some words with him. I'm very grateful. It was an honor to meet Smog too, of course.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 02 Feb 2015, 15:51

tom_cas1 wrote:Who's to say that Jamie didn't started drawings for Gorillaz months ago and this is the first time it's gone public? Unless I've missed something of course.
I don't know anything about drawing but I imagine that's the case

billythefish

Post by billythefish » 02 Feb 2015, 17:15

Sushi wrote:Smoggy is THE man. He made sure on two separate occasions that I got to shake Damon's hand an exchange some words with him. I'm very grateful. It was an honor to meet Smog too, of course.
He would say ' thats what I do!'

He is a top top bloke who really puts himself out for people. it would be dead easy to do nothing.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 02 Feb 2015, 17:40

^ he's so nice and always helpful. We asked him before the second night of RAH if he can have a word with security to let my friends to the front, actually only the first three row were allowed, I was fine, but not the people I was with. So when it started went to the RAH security and said, let these people here to the front, forever grateful

daii

Post by daii » 02 Feb 2015, 18:48

maffed

Post by maffed » 02 Feb 2015, 19:22

He looks amazing! Can't wait for 2-D!!!
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

billythefish

Post by billythefish » 02 Feb 2015, 22:33

beatfloh wrote:^ he's so nice and always helpful. We asked him before the second night of RAH if he can have a word with security to let my friends to the front, actually only the first three row were allowed, I was fine, but not the people I was with. So when it started went to the RAH security and said, let these people here to the front, forever grateful

I only went the first RAH night. Awesome. Was in the after show and he said 'come on then' took us up to Ds dressing room.

He gets his manners from my side of the family. :D

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 02 Feb 2015, 23:02

billythefish wrote:
beatfloh wrote:^ he's so nice and always helpful. We asked him before the second night of RAH if he can have a word with security to let my friends to the front, actually only the first three row were allowed, I was fine, but not the people I was with. So when it started went to the RAH security and said, let these people here to the front, forever grateful

I only went the first RAH night. Awesome. Was in the after show and he said 'come on then' took us up to Ds dressing room.

He gets his manners from my side of the family. :D
and the good midland vibe, been here for 8 years now, end of the month I'm going back to Germany and will cry a lot

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Feb 2015, 23:12

daii wrote:Image
Very cool! :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 02 Feb 2015, 23:15

Loving the new art so far!! Jamie has been posting art on instagram for over a year now I believe. You can tell he's been trying some new things and really increasing his skill as an artist. I can't wait to see more :D

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 02 Feb 2015, 23:25

:oops: :shock: :cry: Just realized how stupid I am for spelling Jamie as Jaime... I must be dyslexic. Don't know why I started that, very embarrassing. Oh well... maybe I've just got JAIME on my mind :P
Last edited by aldamasta on 02 Feb 2015, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

daii

Post by daii » 02 Feb 2015, 23:30

aldamasta wrote:You can tell he's been trying some new things and really increasing his skill as an artist.
this.
the pictures from the first record were really simple. I loved everything he did for plastic beach, and I don't think it is just "the new technology" he uses now, for me, he really became a better artist. I still think his best work was "el mañana", the visuals are just stunning.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 02 Feb 2015, 23:37

daii wrote:
aldamasta wrote:You can tell he's been trying some new things and really increasing his skill as an artist.
this.
the pictures from the first record were really simple. I loved everything he did for plastic beach, and I don't think it is just "the new technology" he uses now, for me, he really became a better artist. I still think his best work was "el mañana", the visuals are just stunning.
Yes he has become a better artist. He used to only do comics really, but Gorillaz pushed him to animation, a bit of stage design (along with Monkey Journey To The West), and lately Jamie's been painting, using pens to do magnificent drawings of trees (he's perfect at drawing tree bark!), and I think all of his experience has helped him become an even greater artist.

El Mañana is a beautiful video. Depressing, but the art is great. It'll be awesome to see new Gorillaz videos!! EMI, you better fund every last one of them :P no more Rhinestone Eyes situations... I'll always be a bit depressed over that music video never being released... :cry: